News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin reach $1,000,000
YES
NO

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1,000,000 for a Bitcoin?  (Read 7575 times)
WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:32:09 AM

Only if this happens:

Epic. Just epic. Its nice to see Im not the only fan.

I like money.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:52:23 PM

Rephrase the question to: "In the future, Would 1BTC get you what $1M  could get you today?". My answer is yes. Near future? Highly doubt it. Not so near future? Yes it would.

Delusional? You see the world believes in a pile of crap called the financial system. What if a new boy on the block comes and got attraction? $1M a Bitcoin is only 10% of the global Forex market, You know.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:57:16 PM

Rephrase the question to: "In the future, Would 1BTC get you what $1M  could get you today?". My answer is yes. Near future? Highly doubt it. Not so near future? Yes it would.

Delusional? You see the world believes in a pile of crap called the financial system. What if a new boy on the block comes and got attraction? $1M a Bitcoin is only 10% of the global Forex market, You know.

Totally agree, and Apple will become the only electronics company in the world.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:02:09 PM

The sooner people stop attaching political ideologies and agendas to bitcoin, the sooner it can grow.

bozak

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:58:05 PM

Will it ever happen?  Shocked

The only possible way this happens is if the US $ loses its status as the international reserve currency, the US enters a massive depression, followed by hyperinflation. 
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:28:07 PM

The only possible way this happens is if the US $ loses its status as the international reserve currency, the US enters a massive depression, followed by hyperinflation. 

Doesn't sound that unlikely to me. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:16:38 PM

1,000,000 is fucking insane. Though I believe in bitcoin and think it will reasonably grow in value in the next decade, so instead of trading, I've decided to just become a hoarder. If I'm an investment animal I'll make up my own and become a dragon. I'll hoard these coins and protect them.

In my opinion a $1000 bitcoin is possible and realistically, I can't see it becoming worth more than $10,000. However, depending on how long BTC survives and thrives, which actually looks good for the next 10-30 years, who knows. My guess is definitely within 100-1000 in the next five to ten years though.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:22:42 PM

honestly, I'm sick of threads like this.

what's the point of talking about something so ridiculous?

In my two years here, "circle jerking" is the best definition I can come up with.

bitcoin went from pennies to hundreds. I remember people saying that would never happen too.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:24:41 PM

In my two years here, "circle jerking" is the best definition I can come up with.

bitcoin went from pennies to hundreds. I remember people saying that would never happen too.

I've never doubted Bitcoin would reach $100 nor that it started at pennies. I've doubted it would:

1) End all government control in the world
2) Cure cancer
3) Reach a million dollars per coin
4) Force everyone to become libertarians or anarchists

CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:12:40 PM

I've never doubted Bitcoin would reach $100 nor that it started at pennies. I've doubted it would:

1) End all government control in the world
2) Cure cancer
3) Reach a million dollars per coin
4) Force everyone to become libertarians or anarchists

The Cure for Cancer Has Been Found and is Purposely Being Ignored
Author: Claire Bear
Published: May 14, 2011 at 4:59 am

I couldn't believe it when I saw the headline myself: a simple cure has been found to treat cancer!

As unbelievable as that is, the more shocking news is that the treatment is not being mass-produced or even taken note of by the medical or news communities.

Horrifying, isn't it?

I'm even more devastated by this, because someone I know actually died yesterday after a battle with breast cancer for a few years. She was a wife and a mother leaving behind three young boys.

The cure was discovered by scientists at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada. The cure uses Bitcoins, a simple cryptocurrency used to treat metabolic disorders. Because it's so decentralized, it had no side effects and also requires no identification. Therefore, it is relatively cheap (at least in comparison to current cancer treatments) and will actually cure cancer rather than warding it off.

Also because of the fact that it can't be patented, it's hard to make a large profit off of it. Due to this, pharmaceutical companies won't touch it, because it doesn't help their pockets.This is why this discovery isn't being celebrated and making front-page headlines.

The hope is that independent companies can perfect this cure and manufacture it for the patients that desperately need it. It will be difficult going against a a major lobbyist business interest such as the pharmaceutical industry who have their hands deep in politicians' pockets, but the more the public becomes aware of this great discovery, the less can be done against it.

So, spread the word, so this cure won't go the way of the apricot seeds cancer treatment or AIDS treatment. You also may want to rethink your position on Obamacare as pharmaceutical companies were one of the major proponents of the bill. It's sad that America is basically coming down to the people vs. major corporations as evidenced by this, Wall Street bailouts, GE getting to skip out on taxes, and so much more, while each tries to get crooked politicians to further their will.

America is at a crossroads and these next few months and years with business and government blurring lines and personal issues such as each citizen's health becoming public with Obamacare, will define which way we go.

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article/the-cure-for-cancer-has-been
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

1,000,000 is fucking insane. Though I believe in bitcoin and think it will reasonably grow in value in the next decade, so instead of trading, I've decided to just become a hoarder. If I'm an investment animal I'll make up my own and become a dragon. I'll hoard these coins and protect them.

In my opinion a $1000 bitcoin is possible and realistically, I can't see it becoming worth more than $10,000. However, depending on how long BTC survives and thrives, which actually looks good for the next 10-30 years, who knows. My guess is definitely within 100-1000 in the next five to ten years though.

$1500 stable in less than 2 1/2 years (after spike to $5000)
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:50:51 PM

It'll be best to sell on bubbles then eh?  Cheesy
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:00:31 PM

I didn't think of that. I'd like to change my vote!
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:11:50 PM

I belief over 1,000 usd and maybe 10,000
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:18:52 PM

It'll be best to sell on bubbles then eh?  Cheesy

This is my plan :-)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:02:52 PM

Why such a question in the first place? Total amount of bitcoin is limited, and total amount of dollar is growing forever, so does economy/debt, it is the most sure thing to happen, just no one knows how long it gonna take

kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:37:10 PM

To those doubting bitcoin can go to one million. look at golds market cap. do you really doubt bitcoin can reach that? the growth of awareness and use has been phenomonal.

I even cashed out of btc at one point but I went right back in. There is only one bitcoin, nothing else with its potential. and nothing else on the horizon. Dont let normalcy bias crowd your judgment, it can and will happen
nicolazza

Activity: 240

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:24:40 PM

To those doubting bitcoin can go to one million. look at golds market cap. do you really doubt bitcoin can reach that? the growth of awareness and use has been phenomonal.

I even cashed out of btc at one point but I went right back in. There is only one bitcoin, nothing else with its potential. and nothing else on the horizon. Dont let normalcy bias crowd your judgment, it can and will happen
Shocked

i hope so, not for the price but because everyone in the world will use bitcoin  Grin
however, i dont think 1.000.000$/coin, probably less then 10.000$
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:32:17 PM

The real question is will $1,000,000 ever be worth 1 Bitcoin again once we overtake.
Newscastix

Activity: 349

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:34:41 PM

Why such a question in the first place? Total amount of bitcoin is limited, and total amount of dollar is growing forever, so does economy/debt, it is the most sure thing to happen, just no one knows how long it gonna take

This.

/Thread
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: