Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How might crypto re-invigorate the seasteading movement?  (Read 217 times)
RidleyReport (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:48:40 AM

Some of you remember back around 2010 some of the folks at SeaSteading.Org - not necessarily official SSO folks - had an idea to create 2 inch tall models of seasteads to serve as a toys in bathtubs…super cheap…followed by a larger one to show off in pools, then one for lakes, then one a person could fit on top of… each would be sold to fund the next escalation until there was one so big it really was a seastead! I kept checking back and nothing ever seemed to really happen with this first rate idea. Then I wandered off for years.

A second question would be whether blockchain technology might be capable of jump starting this idea…and how *you* think that might best work.  The brainstorm here would be creating a crypto coin or token, presumably with an ICO.  It would have a set amount of its value poured into the scalable seastead project. Perhaps there is now a way to make that money go where it is supposed to in a trustless or smart-contract fashion. I’m not planning to do this myself … I’m a mountain person, not a beach boy lol.  But what is wrong with this idea, if anything?  I want the steaders to succeed. So I may write an article or something that lists some options.  Anyway, maybe you have a better idea; what do you think would work best?

Want freedom? Move to New Hampshire! FreeStateProject.org
Want secession? Same drill! NHexit.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlueFrontiers

Activity: 5
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:25:10 PM

This idea is now a reality. Blue Frontiers has created a cryptocurrency (Varyon) to power the seasteading economy and fund the first seasteads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: