Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .5 BTC BOUNTY if you can get my Block Erupter blade hashing right w/stratum.  (Read 6792 times)
pikeadz (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:23:52 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 04:20:50 PM by pikeadz

I can mine on btcguild at about 4500mh/sec which is like 50% efficiency.  I can't get stratum to work on slush's pool or btcguild.  If you can help me configure the settings over the phone, and possibly using teamviewer, AND get me the advertised 10,700 to 12,000 mh/s I will pay you a 0.5 BTC bounty.  We can use escrow if you like.

Please email me at pikeadz@gmail.com with your bitcointalk ID.  I will review your post history and pick the person I think is most qualified shortly.  I am not a total noob, but I have never mined outside of getwork protocol so the settings are a little confusing and I would like to get this up and running quickly.  Thanks!

UPDATE:  PROBLEM FIXED.  See below.  A portion (0.2 BTC) of the bounty went to dogie for helping me with stratum and setup of the blade, despite not getting the proper hash rate.  The rest of the bounty I am keeping because it took 48 hours of troubleshooting on my own to fix it.  Hope it helps someone who has the same problem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fury!

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:51:23 PM

Dont be a pussy, i'll do it for free. Its not that difficult.
Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:40:22 PM

such  kind of offer would rather turn people away from helping you

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
corrow

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:37:07 PM

It is really a piece of cake:

Just run the stratum executable on your favorite OS followed by "-o STRATUM_SERVER -p PORT_STRATUM_SERVER" (from experience use a direct stratum server of the desired mining pool, it works the best).

So for BTC Guild the raw command will be (windows): mining_proxy_1.2.0.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com -p 3333
And for 50BTC the raw command will be (windows):    mining_proxy_1.2.0.exe -o pool.50btc.com -p 3333

Happy stratum mining @ 13Ghps (which is ideal, because of the efficiency of pool and your network connection)! Cheesy
pikeadz (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:02:32 PM

Okay, didn't mean to insult you guys, geez lol... just trying to get some quick help.  anyway, dogie helped me get stratum up but the hash rate stays around 6000.  Wondering if it is defective. All the chips read 0 but efficiency won't stay above 60% for long.  This is one of the problems friedcat mentioned in the troubleshooting post.
pikeadz (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:16:58 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 12:35:36 AM by pikeadz

I made a point of disabling all my antivirus and router firewall just to eliminate all variables that might be blocking stratum (temporarily).  All of a sudden, 18 hours later, windows firewall pops up in my task bar and asks me if i would like to allow stratum........ (facepalm)

I disabled windows firewall and now it's hashing at 12,300 mh/s.  There have been a few periods of time when it would do this for a few minutes before.  This is the longest I've seen it hash this fast though.  I am praying that I solved this problem.  I still feel dumb that I didn't think to disable windows firewall though.  Hopefully this helps other people new to this though.

EDIT:  well, so much for that idea.  It hashed like crazy for 45 minutes and then went back down to 0. :/
pikeadz (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:50:07 AM

Been working on this all day.  In the off chance anyone cares, I finally got it hashing stably for an hour.  It has been slowly creeping up and is at 93% efficiency right now, or 11174 mh/s.  The way I did it this time was to DISABLE my wireless internet in my whole house.  This really sucks, but I am willing to do it for the time being.  I tried changing channels to 1 and 11 but everytime I turn it on, the hash rate goes steadily down.  The router is right underneath the blade, and has to be since I have really short ethernet cables.  I will separate them tomorrow and hopefully be able to restore my wireless. 

Anyone have any other ideas or similar experiences?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:26:18 AM

What's your variable difficulty set to? Try using a difficulty of 64 or something higher.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pinwheel

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:38:41 AM

add    -rt   at the end of proxy initialization command

mining_proxy.py -o stratum.btcguild.com -p 3333 -rt

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
pikeadz (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:01:39 PM

What's your variable difficulty set to? Try using a difficulty of 64 or something higher.

The pools all seem to suggest 8 or 16 for the blade's hash rate.  I should go higher?
pikeadz (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:53:45 AM

I moved the blade downstairs but am still having the wifi issue.  Turn the wifi off, hash rate goes up to 13,000.  Turn it back on, and it starts alternating between my two pools every 20 seconds or so at about a constant 10,000 mh/s rate (which is better than before, but still not optimal).  I am stumped.
CJPOLO

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:00:48 AM

I moved the blade downstairs but am still having the wifi issue.  Turn the wifi off, hash rate goes up to 13,000.  Turn it back on, and it starts alternating between my two pools every 20 seconds or so at about a constant 10,000 mh/s rate (which is better than before, but still not optimal).  I am stumped.

My 2 Cents would be that there is some sort of QoS in your router for your WIFI and or something on your wifi chewing up your bandwidth. Seeing the blades via Stratum are fairly "powerful" there is a large amount of small transfers that happen. Advice would be to have blade plugged directly into router along with PC running the proxy software and try re enabling your wireless and changing the key so no devices can connect and see if it still does the same thing.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:26:47 AM

Try setting up the port forwarding on your router to forward port 3333 (stratum) or whatever you're using?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
nave
Donator

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:40:00 AM

I've been having problems with my two blades for days. I just disabled the wireless on my router and everything started working perfectly, so I think we have the same problem. With the wireless enabled I can't even get the blades to return more than 2 or 3 shares to the stratum proxy. They'll hash via getwork protocol at around 5-6GH/s though. With wireless off they work great via stratum proxy or getwork. Leaving wireless disabled for any length of time isn't really an option for me though.

I'm using a Verizon MI424WR-GEN2 router, any chance that's what you're using?
pikeadz (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:14:42 PM

I moved the blade downstairs but am still having the wifi issue.  Turn the wifi off, hash rate goes up to 13,000.  Turn it back on, and it starts alternating between my two pools every 20 seconds or so at about a constant 10,000 mh/s rate (which is better than before, but still not optimal).  I am stumped.

I've been having problems with my two blades for days. I just disabled the wireless on my router and everything started working perfectly, so I think we have the same problem. With the wireless enabled I can't even get the blades to return more than 2 or 3 shares to the stratum proxy. They'll hash via getwork protocol at around 5-6GH/s though. With wireless off they work great via stratum proxy or getwork. Leaving wireless disabled for any length of time isn't really an option for me though.

I have a Verizon westell 7500 DSL modem/wireless router combo.  I finally solved the problem and it's been hashing away for over 24 hours now at over 12800.  Currently 13,000mh/s.  What I finally figured out was that the wireless signal from my modem/router was problematic.  To get around it, I had an old linksys wrt150n lying around with dd-wrt v24 firmware.  I disabled the wifi on the westell and (with the help of verizon tech support) configured it to be a modem only, leaving my linksys router to be the wireless signal.  Worked like a charm, but I can't explain why.  Good luck to you sir.

EDIT:  .2 BTC paid to dogie in good faith for his efforts in helping me understand stratum.  The rest I am going to keep because I spent about 48 hours solving this on my own.  Sorry to offend you guys in the beginning of this thread.  Otherwise, I hope it helps someone else who has the same problem.
nave
Donator

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:53:04 AM

I moved the blade downstairs but am still having the wifi issue.  Turn the wifi off, hash rate goes up to 13,000.  Turn it back on, and it starts alternating between my two pools every 20 seconds or so at about a constant 10,000 mh/s rate (which is better than before, but still not optimal).  I am stumped.

I have a Verizon westell 7500 DSL modem/wireless router combo.  I finally solved the problem and it's been hashing away for over 24 hours now at over 12800.  Currently 13,000mh/s.  What I finally figured out was that the wireless signal from my modem/router was problematic.  To get around it, I had an old linksys wrt150n lying around with dd-wrt v24 firmware.  I disabled the wifi on the westell and (with the help of verizon tech support) configured it to be a modem only, leaving my linksys router to be the wireless signal.  Worked like a charm, but I can't explain why.  Good luck to you sir.

EDIT:  .2 BTC paid to dogie in good faith for his efforts in helping me understand stratum.  The rest I am going to keep because I spent about 48 hours solving this on my own.  Sorry to offend you guys in the beginning of this thread.  Otherwise, I hope it helps someone else who has the same problem.

I picked up a wireless router to add to my network. I disabled the wireless on my verizon modem/router and I'm still having the issue with low hash rates on my blades. Anyone able to offer any further suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:36:17 PM

I find it utterly insane that people are willing to buy a blade but insist on using wifi for the connection. ffs run some cat-5e and be done with wifi related issues.

This is a line of business thing, once you start investing money into mining you should stop thinking of it as a hobby and start using appropriate technology to support your needs.

nave
Donator

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:51:26 PM

I find it utterly insane that people are willing to buy a blade but insist on using wifi for the connection. ffs run some cat-5e and be done with wifi related issues.

This is a line of business thing, once you start investing money into mining you should stop thinking of it as a hobby and start using appropriate technology to support your needs.

I find it utterly insane that people will openly criticise others without practicing basic reading comprehension. As both of us that had this problem have stated, the blades ARE wired directly, not connected via wireless, yet having the wireless radio on caused an issue with the blades. It has since been resolved for myself and pikeadz, but thank you for bumping this thread with your genuine concern and very helpful suggestion.
Jaden

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:41:36 AM

Nave, how did you resolve the problem?
nave
Donator

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:01:54 AM

Nave, how did you resolve the problem?

It's all here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213956.0

But essentially there was an android phone that was spamming the network and causing problems. Removing the phone from the network solved everything.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: