Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:21:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for stop on new ALT currency  (Read 751 times)
AZIZ1977 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:22:34 PM

Isnt it time to stop temporary new alt. currencies? I am seeing one new coin after the other being introduced and its undermining the old coins.
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:24:27 PM

It is not really hurting the old coins most people don't even know all these new ones exist.  So far, the only ones to appear on an exchange are CNC, FTC, and YAC and they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire over there.  Very low prices.  Very low volume.

The rest of the coins are just a peculiarity of this message forum.  A few people download,  mine, and trade the coins as a hobby.  Think of bitcointalk as the "pink sheet" of coins lots of penny stocks most of which go nowhere
e777

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:31:32 PM

yup,so many alt coins

LTC:LZ65nep6TNv4KQpqqQJ6XFoPaBJeTHhW3K
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:35:09 PM

Just a little annoying, when shit coins like PWC, don't know that they are shit coins, and create topic after topic, about how awesome they are

nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:38:32 PM

Just a little annoying, when shit coins like PWC, don't know that they are shit coins, and create topic after topic, about how awesome they are

They know they are shit coins.  They know they need topic after topic or else they'd be totally forgotten  Smiley

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:40:03 PM

Its already trickling to a close. Funny how many people were trying to figure out how to clone these coins and did so all at the same time, me included. As everyone gets the know-how, the various spin-offs will lose value. You can see this with CHN and FTC, both BIG at the beginning and tapering off (not dying, tapering off). People mine for different reasons, some to collect a bit of every coin, some to get rich, some for fun.

Let everyone enjoy mining whatever they want, mining and trading is much more rewarding than doing nothing.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:40:58 PM

Eh. The more the merrier. The idea is relatively new. Bitcoin and Litecoin are clearly winners, but if people are willing to trade 'em, who cares? The "dilution" if it exists only really affects low level stuff.

Bitcoin is getting to the point where it's real value is major purchases and/or a reserve. Much like gold in an intangible sort of way.

Litecoin, trading at a little over double to nearly triple the USD is becoming more viable for small to medium purchases.

The new guys are basically pennies. Nobody cares about pennies until they accumulate a bunch of 'em.

Besides that, it gives us new guys something to play with while we figure out our machines and software. Cheesy
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:43:10 PM

I see 1 new alt coin every day

And 3 new "Stop making new alt coins!" threads every day

the latter is more annoying and more useless
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:48:34 PM

Has anyone proposed FAPCoin?
anonynonanony

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:49:12 PM

Isnt it time to stop temporary new alt. currencies? I am seeing one new coin after the other being introduced and its undermining the old coins.

your signature amuses me.
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 03:40:51 PM

yup,so many alt coins
Everyday users and everyday miners with their hashpower will decide which altcoins survive for the next couple of months. I am very courios which altcoins will be alive by the end of this year. I'd vote for YAC, ELA, WDC maybe. And of course older alts like PPC, TRC, FRC, NVC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: