Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why can't religious people spell words correctly?  (Read 834 times)
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:00:36 PM

How hard is it really?

This is 2017... we have spell-check, we have auto-correct...

I constantly see religious people misspell words that a 3rd grader should know... wtf?!?

Your computer will underline words you spell wrong... how hard is it?!?

You look like a fool when you make 3+ spelling mistakes in 2 sentences... I can't take that seriously

Sometimes it's difficult to even tell what the person is trying to say because their spelling and grammar is just THAT bad

What gives?

Is it a lack of education among religious people?

I don't understand how any adult could misspell simple words with only 4-5 letters... how do you survive life?
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:04:12 PM

How hard is it really?

I constantly see religious people misspell words that a 3rd grader should know... wtf?!?

You look like a fool when you make 3+ spelling mistakes in 2 sentences... I can't take that seriously

Sometimes it's difficult to even tell what the person is trying to say because their spelling and grammar is just THAT bad

What gives?

I don't understand how any adult could misspell simple words with only 4-5 letters... how do you survive life?

Don't be too harsh on them, maybe they were just so excited with what they're posting that they did not notice their typo errors. I mean, it does happen. Or maybe like me English is not their native language that's why they are making these mistakes.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:14:51 PM

Don't be too harsh on them, maybe they were just so excited with what they're posting that they did not notice their typo errors. I mean, it does happen. Or maybe like me English is not their native language that's why they are making these mistakes.

No, it's not that they are excited and didn't notice...

It's a common theme... I have MANY debates with religious people, and 75% of them constantly spell words wrong, simple words, like lose vs loose

Here is an example where a christian asshole isn't leaving a tip because of the waitress' "tatoo"

How do you misspell a 6 letter word like tattoo?!?

Why didn't Jesus help you spell properly?

WWJD?  Would Jesus have ignored the tattoo and tipped the waitress?

It is not just once in a while, it's nearly every person and nearly every sentence has spelling errors... it's an epidemic... it makes me sad how uneducated religious bigots are
bikihabana

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

It's Me bikihabana

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:33:10 PM

Ironic to think it was the rippling effects of the Gutenberg Press that gave rise to the enlightenment which changed the course of Western history to that of science and technology which you and I are happy to make use of today. When religious people can't spell words correctly anymore, believe me if I tell you this phenomenon is a sign of the times.

Solaris - of the Sun
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:58:18 PM

Instead of thinking they got bad at spelling because they are religious, I like to think that they were religious because they were bad at spelling.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

How hard is it really?

What gives?

Many religious people are religious regarding things other than spelling. Your religion has to do with being harsh on people who do not live up to your standards. At the same time your religion doesn't include recognition of God, while some of the poor spellers have God in their religion.

Pick a language you don't know anything about. Are you a religious speller in that language? Of course not... not until you learn and practice that language.

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

It seems that your religion is to pick on the religions of others who don't have the same religion. Doesn't that make you a zealot?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:34:10 PM

Religious people usually make so many spelling errors because they do not focus on the educational aspect of getting a word out. Many of them are uneducated and give their problems to "god"; which never solves any problems EVER.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:18:18 AM

Ironic to think it was the rippling effects of the Gutenberg Press that gave rise to the enlightenment which changed the course of Western history to that of science and technology which you and I are happy to make use of today. When religious people can't spell words correctly anymore, believe me if I tell you this phenomenon is a sign of the times.

Before the Gutenberg Press, 99% of people were illiterate and could not afford to buy a single book (hand-copied books were insanely expensive)

The only religious people who could spell were scribes
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:22:44 AM

More amazing spelling from religious zealots:

Topic: Atheism brougth us nothing good!

I'd be embarrassed to have a topic up for a week with a spelling mistake... I'd correct it... if it was my thread

Why all the atheist bashing on this forum?

I've been here for years and it never stops... at least 3 anti-atheist threads at any time on the first page of this sub-forum 24/7/365... sad

Sad Sad Sad

Why are religious people so angry/jealous/fearful of everyone?
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:25:40 AM

How hard is it really?

What gives?

We are too busy persecuting Non Christians to learn proper spelling Smiley Duh.

When I clicked on this, I thought you were going to point out How We Capitalize Everything, as Though Capitalizing A Word Increases Its Import. That shit actually cracks me up. But nah, you were just talking to dumb asses. They come in other flavors besides Christian  Grin
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:45:33 PM

It's a common theme... I have MANY debates with religious people, and 75% of them constantly spell words wrong, simple words, like lose vs loose

Here is an example where a christian asshole isn't leaving a tip because of the waitress' "tatoo"

It is not just once in a while, it's nearly every person and nearly every sentence has spelling errors... it's an epidemic... it makes me sad how uneducated religious bigots are

Well, that note does look bad. English is not my first language so I can probably get a pass but I suppose this happened in America. The funny thing about this situation is that being LGBT doesn't automatically mean you're an atheist. Plenty of gay people out there who are still religious and still go to church.

More amazing spelling from religious zealots:

Topic: Atheism brougth us nothing good!

I'd be embarrassed to have a topic up for a week with a spelling mistake... I'd correct it... if it was my thread

Why all the atheist bashing on this forum?

I've been here for years and it never stops... at least 3 anti-atheist threads at any time on the first page of this sub-forum 24/7/365... sad

Sad Sad Sad

Why are religious people so angry/jealous/fearful of everyone?

This comment reminded me of this Family Guy clip. The Adam West part cracked me up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rltzCM2LR0o
Senkuli

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:42:39 PM

How hard is it really?

What gives?

Why do you love to blaspheme the imperfection of others? Even to the spelling of words, in this world a lot of languages, each language has different spelling and pronunciation, do you as an atheist have all perfection? Do you master all science?
Indeed typing errors is not a trivial matter, but as someone who is very smart you should give good input to others to be smarter and not to miss the spelling of the word though.
You also can not spell the language of my country correctly, maybe even sometimes you also have typing errors as well, do not mix the issue of spelling the word with what religion is embraced person.
Nobody is perfect.
Pancho95

Activity: 226
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:14:01 PM

Maybe you are too harsh to them. It could be everything like they are too excited about what they are talking or they just misspelled some word. It doesn't mean they are not educated. I know a lot of Doctors of science and they are religious pretty much cause they are priests.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:51:54 PM

Well, that note does look bad. English is not my first language so I can probably get a pass but I suppose this happened in America. The funny thing about this situation is that being LGBT doesn't automatically mean you're an atheist. Plenty of gay people out there who are still religious and still go to church.

The girl in the photo with the tattoo, is a Christian, and does attend church... the irony is thick
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:55:36 PM

Here is another winner topic from a christian who can't spell:

Jesus Christ is comming back here (note: could have been worse... cumming)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2088766.0

Repeant and surrender yourself to Jesus Christ because He is comming...
killgald

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:01:27 AM

I dont really believe that education has something to do with religion, i believe this gramar mistakes are peoples failures not religious ones.

SushiMonster

Activity: 306
Merit: 107

I'm going to eat your cookies

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:55:17 AM

That's too harsh but i've seen so many religious and self titled righteous person who are so annoying.
I mean come on - you don't have to shove up your annoying beliefs to other people.
Also, I don't think they're bad at spelling because they're religious - I think they're just bad at spelling because they're just simply stupid. Smiley
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:51:59 AM

Here is another winner topic from a christian who can't spell:

Jesus Christ is comming back here (note: could have been worse... cumming)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2088766.0

Repeant and surrender yourself to Jesus Christ because He is comming...

The author of that post is clearly not a native English speaker. His early posts are written in Filipino. English spelling is difficult for foreigners to master.

There are words used to describe native speakers who ridicule foreigners struggling to master a foreign tongue. I won't repeat those words here however deserved they may be.

mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Because they are also human beings and can make mistakes. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes man.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:48:34 AM

Really? I am a Christian journalist who has a vocabulary substantially larger than the majority of this forum.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: