Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost second password in blockchain  (Read 865 times)
bit66coin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

i have forgot my second password in blockchain i know my main password i can log in etc but how can i recover my second pw i also didnt make an backup of my recovery phrase.

the one who can help me will get 1 BTC from me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:16:25 PM

i have forgot my second password in blockchain i know my main password i can log in etc but how can i recover my second pw i also didnt make an backup of my recovery phrase.

I'm not sure it's possible to do. Can you get your recovery phrase out of the first passwork?
Can you make a backup with just your first password or are both needed?

You might be able to recover by email or contact their support to see if there's anything you can do to be able to reset your secondary password.
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:53:59 PM

I'm not sure it's possible to do. Can you get your recovery phrase out of the first passwork?

You might be able to recover by email or contact their support to see if there's anything you can do to be able to reset your secondary password.

you can get your recovery phrase with the second pw and support doesnt want to help they say it is not possible..
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:29:08 PM

you can get your recovery phrase with the second pw and support doesnt want to help they say it is not possible..

Unless you've used a browser that remembers your password I'm not sure it's possible to recover the password.
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:11:23 PM

Unless you've used a browser that remembers your password I'm not sure it's possible to recover the password.

i never save passwords in my browser :S
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:28:17 PM

Your bitcoins may be lost then, unless you have a rough idea of what the password was and can try to brute force it from that (depending on the strength of the password).
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:58:29 PM

Your bitcoins may be lost then, unless you have a rough idea of what the password was and can try to brute force it from that (depending on the strength of the password).
i think i did a very simple pw its a long time ago it was something like 1293@2014
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:22:39 PM

i think i did a very simple pw its a long time ago it was something like 1293@2014

Can you try to pull out separate passwords similar to that that you'd have thought of at that oint in order to get into it? You'll have to test them to see if they work.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:06:12 AM

This is a fatal flaw of this wallet. A "second password" preventing access to one's assets.

Beware that there is no password reset functionality.

Did you set a password hint?

I use 1Password for password storage and I also keep physical backups (print outs) of the recovery phrase and the private key derived from that phrase.

Your only hope would be doing your best to guess that password. If you know a part of it, then that should be a good start.

bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:38:29 PM

This is a fatal flaw of this wallet. A "second password" preventing access to one's assets.

Beware that there is no password reset functionality.

Did you set a password hint?

I use 1Password for password storage and I also keep physical backups (print outs) of the recovery phrase and the private key derived from that phrase.

Your only hope would be doing your best to guess that password. If you know a part of it, then that should be a good start.

i did not set a hint
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:06:17 PM

Did you import your BTC address and happen to know the secret key? If you know your secret key, then you can recover your BTC in a new account.

if you really did read what i wrote and not posting to gain activity on bitcointalk you have read that i did not saved my recovery phrase  Huh Huh Huh
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:05:43 PM

finally i got answer from blockchain support with all wallet.aes.json files from the beginning of the wallet till the end Grin

https://i.gyazo.com/2c5dff8b96e49dfad7626a916844818d.png

Now my question is how can i decrypt this wallet and get my btc out of it?
Please someone help i think its like 99% possible with the first backup of my wallet because there was no second password set on that 1.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:12:21 PM

finally i got answer from blockchain support with all wallet.aes.json files from the beginning of the wallet till the end Grin

Now my question is how can i decrypt this wallet and get my btc out of it?
Please someone help i think its like 99% possible with the first backup of my wallet because there was no second password set on that 1.

Go to the import link as they suggest and put in your first wallet (the one without the password) - and hope that that works.
If not, try the second one just to test.
It might be fairly difficult if those two don't work for you.

Once imported, DELETE THE EMAIL AT MINIMUM (I'd say transfer the coins to a different address interely).
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:00:08 PM

their import wallet is for blockchain v2 the wallet.aes.json i got is from blockchain wallet v3 so that import shit doesnt work and the second thing he send me i dont understand a fuck about it.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:40:39 PM

their import wallet is for blockchain v2 the wallet.aes.json i got is from blockchain wallet v3 so that import shit doesnt work and the second thing he send me i dont understand a fuck about it.

If you open the file in a text editor, does it display the plain text of the private keys?

If you go to a site like this (and run the software entirely offline not putting in any passwords) what happens to the file, does it display the plain text? (https://www1.udel.edu/it/help/pii/encryption/windows_use.html) - the first aes decryptor I found?

If you want to work out if it's a private key, they'll generally begin with an 'L' a 'K' or a '5'
bit66coin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:40:38 PM

If you open the file in a text editor, does it display the plain text of the private keys?

If you go to a site like this (and run the software entirely offline not putting in any passwords) what happens to the file, does it display the plain text? (https://www1.udel.edu/it/help/pii/encryption/windows_use.html) - the first aes decryptor I found?

If you want to work out if it's a private key, they'll generally begin with an 'L' a 'K' or a '5'

if i open it in plain text it shows something encrypted idk if they are priv keys.

But what i know is https://github.com/blockchain/my-wallet-backup-decryption-tool

this can solve my problem but i need to know how to use it i am not too geeky.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:51:39 PM

if i open it in plain text it shows something encrypted idk if they are priv keys.

But what i know is https://github.com/blockchain/my-wallet-backup-decryption-tool

this can solve my problem but i need to know how to use it i am not too geeky.

Download the file and open the HTML file inside.
Then upload the file and put in your primary password (the secondary password can presumably be left blank).

Note, if that doesn't work, you'll have to use linux.

Do this completely offline as well!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: