Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Alternative Coins Pools  (Read 922 times)
naschpitz (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:42:50 PM

Dear miners,

It is with great satisfaction that I announce the launch of a new group of altcoins mining pools.
Currently we have Ethereum, Expanse, Musicoin, SOILcoin and Ubiq.
These pools have been launched just a couple of weeks ago and we are still struggling to bring in more miners.
Take a look at www.altpools.xyz and please give us a feeback, we want to improve the service even further and offer the best.

Thanks in advance!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:53:44 PM

Looks really good but I'm pretty sure miners mining ETH will not migrate to a new pool when there are so many of it existing already but you may have a better chance by adding more coins that are not so popular and the pool might start attracting miners.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

Dear miners,

It is with great satisfaction that I announce the launch of a new group of altcoins mining pools.
Currently we have Ethereum, Expanse, Musicoin, SOILcoin and Ubiq.
These pools have been launched just a couple of weeks ago and we are still struggling to bring in more miners.
Take a look at www.altpools.xyz and please give us a feeback, we want to improve the service even further and offer the best.

Thanks in advance!

ugh with no SSL and the namecheap .xyz domain, honestly i wouldn't DARE point a machine to your pool right now Sad
It just ASKING to be hacked and your brand new account here leaves miners with ZERO liability when you DO get hacked, you will likely just disappear
Its very competitive, the GOOD yiimp pools have trouble getting miners, so your pool has no chance in current state imo

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:54:27 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 05:47:33 AM by naschpitz

Sorry, I don't get it, the pool DOES have SSL: https://www.altpools.xyz/
Furthermore it wouldn't stop any website of being hacked. SSL purpose is to solely secure the communication between the user and the website. In the absence of SSL the only thing an attacker would be able to do is to steal data from a single client which he is interested in; specifically in the case of the our website the only sensitive information is the password if one registers. Besides, it wouldn't be an easy task, the attacker must have certain privileges, like access to the network the victim is connect to in order to sniff the packages and retrieve the data.

PS.: Oh, I see, there was a problem with redirection when reaching the website without 'https' in Chrome. Firefox was redirecting just fine. I just fixed it up a few moments ago, thanks for the heads up.
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:04:48 AM

Looks really good but I'm pretty sure miners mining ETH will not migrate to a new pool when there are so many of it existing already but you may have a better chance by adding more coins that are not so popular and the pool might start attracting miners.

You're absolutely right. We have tried ETH before and it didn't work because we were not able to gather enough hashing power to find a block in a reasonable time. A group (BRMiners) made a request to recreate that pool, and we were told that 30+ GH/s would be available right at the very begining. Well, it never happened, not even close to it, and we intend to bring it down soon.

What other coins would you recommend?
igotek

Activity: 2030
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 06:23:32 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 06:39:48 PM by igotek

I support your pool. I m mining on your MUSIC pool now. I hope it is good. Currently sending 9 GTX1060. if it is good, i will send more GPUs.

You must add more pools for dual mining support : Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal

You show current hashrate. You must show avarage hashrate for 1 hour and 6 hours.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:32:20 AM

I support your pool. I m mining on your MUSIC pool now. I hope it is good. Currently sending 9 GTX1060. if it is good, i will send more GPUs.

You must add more pools for dual mining support : Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal

You show current hashrate. You must show avarage hashrate for 1 hour and 6 hours.

Thanks a lot, igotek. It means a lot to us, even more considering we just began a couple of weeks ago.

If you follow this link https://altpools.xyz/pools/4bvLhwayhMgKD6a2H/payments you'll see that literally hundreds of payments were already sent.

We are still a tiny pool struggling to grow, as such sometimes a block may take longer to show up, sometimes much less. People are used to connect to a big pool and see small fractions of pending payments all the time, but the same is not to be expected from a smaller one. As the pool's hash power is lower it will take longer to find a block, in return your round share will be much bigger as there are fewer miners to split the block. In the end of the day the return is the same (considering the same fee), but miners often get scared by the lack of constant payments as they are used to in the big ones.

That said, not wanting to abuse your good will, I ask you to keep for at least a day in the pool, so you can have a more realistic experience.

Regarding the coins you mentioned, yes, we are considering to open a Decred pool too. What all the pools currently operational have in common is that they belong to the same family, they are all Ethash algorithm. DCR, SIA, LBRY, PSC are different algos, so it will take a little longer to us to understand them and implement another pool, but they're definitely in our radar.
igotek

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 10:45:34 AM

after several hours on your pool, i realised the payments ara fast. the hashrate values and shares are good. I forwarded more rigs to your pool. I hope your pool will have more and more miners.

naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

after several hours on your pool, i realised the payments ara fast. the hashrate values and shares are good. I forwarded more rigs to your pool. I hope your pool will have more and more miners.

Thanks a lot for your support, Igotek, I'm happy you're satisfied.
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:39:20 PM

Guys, I need some heads up here.

The pools group (www.altpools.xyz) has thousands of payments, a neat useful interface, hundreds of blocks found, paid Goolgle and Facebook ads, nice fee and low minimum payout, besides I'm posting and talking to people like crazy, but it is still crawling.

Honestly I feel like an idiot after SO much time, money and effort spent on it.

What am I missing?
mfsmarques

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:48:12 PM

In this market, in addition to being good, you need to gain confidence so that people will trust that your coins will not disappear.
You do an excellent job, already mining in your pool, SOIL, MUSIC and UBIQ.
I've always made bigger gains than in other pools.
I think you need to keep on spreading, talk about the gains, the blocks, make people feel safe working with you.
I trust your work, we need to make others trust too.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:54:43 PM

The pools group (www.altpools.xyz) has thousands of payments, a neat useful interface, hundreds of blocks found, paid Goolgle and Facebook ads, nice fee and low minimum payout, besides I'm posting and talking to people like crazy, but it is still crawling.

What am I missing?
hi mate I think you need to provide ssl since its really about security of the money which will be possible to receive out from those coins that will be mined inside your pool with your website not so secure miners will not take the risk pointing out their device without any assurance that they can receive the rewards, we cant change that fact mate so better to review this concern. good luck to you and keep it up..
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:14:09 PM

Hello Carlisle1, thanks for your feedback. The website does have SSL support. Weren't you redirected to https:// when visiting the regular www.altpools.xyz ?

What am I missing?
hi mate I think you need to provide ssl since its really about security of the money which will be possible to receive out from those coins that will be mined inside your pool with your website not so secure miners will not take the risk pointing out their device without any assurance that they can receive the rewards, we cant change that fact mate so better to review this concern. good luck to you and keep it up..
naschpitz (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:27:13 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 07:21:21 PM by naschpitz

carlisle1, I'm not sure if you are asking for SSL at the mining endpoint itself. The pool's website indeed has SSL support, but the mining end point does not have. I do not know any mining software that implements SSL for Ethash algorithm. Claymore, as far as I can tell, implements SSL only for ZCash.
igotek

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 09:58:55 PM

I m sending 522 Mhs with 3 worker for days. I m getting the coin payments so fast. The pool is good.

https://www.altpools.xyz/accounts/px8dn8LxE25HgnkY7/wallet/h2BK6cbH22d6CQBSX/workers

I hope the pool owner will make a new pool for dual mining support. DCR/SC/PASCAL/LBC. Then the pool will be better.

I really like the theme of the pool and the fast payments.

tariquemansuri

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:31:38 PM

You're absolutely right. We have tried ETH before and it didn't work because we were not able to gather enough hashing power to find a block in a reasonable time. A group (BRMiners) made a request to recreate that pool, and we were told that 30+ GH/s would be available right at the very begining. Well, it never happened, not even close to it, and we intend to bring it down soon.

What other coins would you recommend?

Hi,

You can do Merged Mining Dogecoin and Litecoin at our below pool.

http://altpool.poolarchy.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: