Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 01:35:26 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Preserve Early Bitcoin History  (Read 397 times)
CipherionX (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:21:46 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 03:35:32 PM by CipherionX

Charles Hoskinson has previously posted about archiving Satoshi's e-mails with other early bitcoin developers and users[1].  Many people forwarded their e-mail conversations with Satoshi to an e-mail account Charles created (satoshiarchive at gmail.com), with the intention of making them available to the public.  Unfortunately, Charles never made those public, and now refuses to share what he obtained with anyone else in the bitcoin community.

If you were one of those people who were fortunate enough to have had e-mail conversations with Satoshi, I would truly appreciate if you could forward those to me to help preserve bitcoin history.

CipherionX@protonmail.com

I am also interested in anything else from early bitcoin times (2008-2011) such as IRC logs, e-mails with other early developers and users, etc.  
I will be doing my best to ensure there is no information that can be used to identify Satoshi before sharing.

Same deal as before: If there is anything in the e-mails that you would not like to be made public, then please encase the text in <OMIT>,</OMIT> tags.

Thank you!
-CipherionX

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191508.0
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:27:32 AM

If there are some personally identifiable information, then the fairest thing is not to send it to anyone instead of marking it with brackets.
Always keep in mind that no one is to be trusted and sharing information with one person could be sharing information with everyone.
nagobinga

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:15:18 PM

Maybe it will not be easy but if high desire to promote bitcointalk must be very easy, so quickly promote it quickly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: