Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Miners  (Read 970 times)
bushstar (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:43:31 PM

We are looking for some miners to throw some hash power towards Scrypt based Feathercoin to get it to the hard fork.

If you do not know Feathercoin was mined heavily and at one point the network was 5,000KH (5,000MH in Bitcoin), which for a new alternative cryptocurrency is a lot of hash power. This has left us in the position where the Litecoin difficulty adjust used is not suitable, we cannot take a certain amount of hash power for granted like Bitcoin and Litecoin. To stop us from being left at a high difficulty like this again we are moving to a difficulty adjust that is four times quicker but only adjusts by a maximun of 41.4% either way. This starts working on block 33,000 and we currently have 175 blocks to go

At the next difficulty transactions will start moving quicker and we will get some extra confidence. With a 41.4% difficulty adjust this will put us under the most profitable coin so we will be able to mine coins without everyone else returning in mass.

What I am hoping is that there are some of you who might want to mine a few Feathercoins for fun or future profit or perhaps to send a bit of hash power our way to help us out. We have an active community supporting this coin and are doing everything we can to make it work for everyone.

Good news is that Coinotron has added support today for Feathercoin. Hopefully this will make it easier for some of you to send some hash power our way if you choose to.

https://coinotron.com

If you want to learn more about Feathercoin we have the site below, there is a forum over there if you want to join us Smiley

http://www.feathercoin.com

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:53:05 PM

We are looking for some miners to throw some hash power towards Scrypt based Feathercoin to get it to the hard fork.

If you do not know Feathercoin was mined heavily and at one point the network was 5,000KH (5,000MH in Bitcoin), which for a new alternative cryptocurrency is a lot of hash power. This has left us in the position where the Litecoin difficulty adjust used is not suitable, we cannot take a certain amount of hash power for granted like Bitcoin and Litecoin. To stop us from being left at a high difficulty like this again we are moving to a difficulty adjust that is four times quicker but only adjusts by a maximun of 41.4% either way. This starts working on block 33,000 and we currently have 175 blocks to go

At the next difficulty transactions will start moving quicker and we will get some extra confidence. With a 41.4% difficulty adjust this will put us under the most profitable coin so we will be able to mine coins without everyone else returning in mass.

What I am hoping is that there are some of you who might want to mine a few Feathercoins for fun or future profit or perhaps to send a bit of hash power our way to help us out. We have an active community supporting this coin and are doing everything we can to make it work for everyone.

Good news is that Coinotron has added support today for Feathercoin. Hopefully this will make it easier for some of you to send some hash power our way if you choose to.

If you want to learn more about Feathercoin we have the site below, there is a forum over there if you want to join us Smiley

Can you offer FTC if we point some hashing power your way? Maybe around 50 FTC/day bonus for every Khash?
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:55:30 PM

I'd rather accept more BTC/LTC than I am currently mining for the inconvenience.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:55:37 PM

Can you offer FTC if we point some hashing power your way? Maybe around 50 FTC/day bonus for every Khash?

I meant 1000 KH.
bushstar (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:02:20 PM

1,000Kh will mine 21 coins a day at 50% profitability against Bitcoin. 50 coins per 1,000Kh would put it over 150% profitability and is more than I can afford.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:57:09 PM

Even one day for free would be much appreciated. My rusty 6870 is doing all it can.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 06:21:09 PM

i'll put my CPU on it, tonight i'll add my GPU Smiley
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:22:38 PM

i don't have much hash, but will try to double it tonight (after i get home from Star Trek movie) for FTC
bushstar (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:35:56 PM

I have put my two new 7850s into action on Coinotron along with my 7970. My 9 year old son now has dual 7950s in his computer. I now have ordered a new case and power supply so I can throw a 5870 and 6850 into my computer and get them thrashing too Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: