Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Me Create Whitehouse Petition  (Read 199 times)
sylance (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:48:50 PM

As little as I think it'll influence anything in the US, I still want to create a petition on https://petitions.whitehouse.gov to raise my concern about the US's antagonistic stance towards all things crypto.  I've been watching how many ICO's are excluding America, how close we are to banning crypto, and it's something that's concerned me for awhile.  I guess the final straw was the message that Bitfinex will no longer support their US customers; so I'm going to create a petition.

What are some of the key points to make?

• Other countries are working with crypto
  • new innovative industry is avoiding US; potential loss in wealth/technology
  • can't stop it anyway; people will find away around barriers

Anything else?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dakovic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:35:16 PM

You could try pointing out that big financial industries in the US are already adopting it in part.  Their European and Chinese offices are moving along faster than the US because of this; but crypto, in one fashion or another is already a part of the US financial system.  Really, I don't think they are going to stop it, they can't.  It's literally code, they can try.  And they can scare people.  They can make it illegal.  But I'd like to point out how well that's worked on the drug trade in America. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: