Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin to $4000 = altcoin market crash  (Read 3059 times)
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 06:27:21 AM

its mid august and bitcoin price reached 4,000.  its likely the new target is 5,000.  lets hope more new people get into crypto and invest more money, so not only btc price will go up, alt coins will go up too.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:29:55 AM

I think its going to take one of the premium coins pumping very hard to start things off for all the big alts. That will then trickle down to the newer coins. When btc broke 1200, Dash was the first to kick things off. Went x10 or higher. Dash has 3 conferences in Europe scheduled in September. Could history repeat itself?
KBater

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:38:20 AM

I'd have to agree with you on this point I think alot of folks cash out in to btc -> local currencies when the price of btc spikes then buy back in when it dies...it went from 1000 to ~300 -> $2500 to ~$1800 -> $3000 to ~4? ~5? who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a huge fucking pump and dump though ha
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:59:06 AM

A four month long pump and dump?!?!?!? That is crazy. But who know could be true. I hope not thom
puvanb

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:59:26 AM

Winter is coming.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:03:55 AM

what do you think about that ?

so far whenever bitcoin price goes up, most of the altcoins (specially the top 10 alts) get dumped pretty hard.

and it has already happened, with bitcoin over $4000 everything is in red again.
well if you understand how crypto will work then its a good chance to buy those alts that you think will have a big chance of bouncing back, fluctuation happen then correction will follow be sure that you already review coins who's already in its dip so afterwards you will be able to gain a lot, just be very careful and make an extra research before placing an entry.
betlord90

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:04:49 AM

That's not what I've see right now since if you take a look on what is happening on some alts their the price of them got rise for more and yet I'm earning with my long bag hold coins eventhough the bitcoins price is surging. The only Alt I've seeing getting down is the ETH and the wallet maintenance is occuring for this coin right now.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:14:27 AM

so far whenever bitcoin price goes up, most of the altcoins (specially the top 10 alts) get dumped pretty hard.

and it has already happened, with bitcoin over $4000 everything is in red again.
well if you understand how crypto will work then its a good chance to buy those alts that you think will have a big chance of bouncing back, fluctuation happen then correction will follow be sure that you already review coins who's already in its dip so afterwards you will be able to gain a lot, just be very careful and make an extra research before placing an entry.
Actually whenever the Bitcoin price increases the top altcoins price also increase but this time it is decreasing doesn't know what the reason is. I thought when the price of the bitcoin is starting to increase the ETH price also increase and it will reach $500 but it's decreasing. One thing is right this is the time to buy altcoins for a low price.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:28:57 AM

I'd have to agree with you on this point I think alot of folks cash out in to btc -> local currencies when the price of btc spikes then buy back in when it dies...it went from 1000 to ~300 -> $2500 to ~$1800 -> $3000 to ~4? ~5? who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a huge fucking pump and dump though ha

no dude, your history is way off the mark Wink
bitcoin price went up from $0.01 to $0.1 then $1 then $12 then $20 then $100 and then $200

by this time a malicious exchange got big enough (similar to poloniex of today for altcoins) which controlled about 75-80% of the total volume and fake pumped the tiny market of that day up to nearly $1200 and then scammed and ran away. we can exclude this from history

then price went up to $400, $600, $700 (the halvening) then broke $1000 then $1500 then $2000 then $2400 and then $2700 and then $3000 and now it has gone up fast to $4100

all this time each of these rises which are the same size happened over a good period of time for accumulation and then it went up higher and also there has been a lot of drops after each of these to make a healthy correction.

on the other hand a pump and dump means price goes up and then down not only up for 6 years (excluding Mt Gox from the total <8 )
in a pump and dump there is no correction either.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:40:54 AM

They are taking advantage of the high price, exiting from altcoins to get more bitcoin. Then they can dump it for fiat. They can buy bitcoin again if the price gets back down. This is a natural reaction of the market everytime the price of bitcoin suddenly goes up.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:44:29 AM

based on my observation bitcoin and altcoins have an inverse relationship in their value, when the value of bitcoin rises then altcoins are losing their value, and vice versa. so if you are hopeful of your altcoins so let's wait for a market correction until it reach -200 to -300 USD from ATH.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:50:29 AM

Alt can crash extremely fast and this might just be the beginning. If you remove the buy support from illiquid markets, there is really just one outcome.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:54:43 AM

this is what i was speculating for a long time now. ever since the pumpings of this year started in altcoin market. i remember saying this to a friend that altcoins started their pump when bitcoin started to have issues (the high fees, slow transactions, the FUD, the debate over block size,...) and all that were causing the price to remain low.

i told him that as soon as all these bitcoin issues are solved we will see altcoins get dumped and bitcoin to rise up fast. and now that is exactly what's happening.

Buying the dip...
superhelper

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:57:29 AM

It may wait a big crash for altcoin market in next week, when bitcoin price will be more high as $5000.
tavr

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:51:28 AM

In just a short time, Bitcoin reaches $ 4,000, altcoin go to the moon, this makes me very scared about the altcoin because I am sure next week all altcoin will decrease because they will definitely sell altcoin to buy Bitcoin because Bitcoin prices are currently very high and can certainly reach $ 5000 next week

Let's be patient and see what happens next week.
Maybe after Bitcoin has a short rest, altcoins will be stronger and will go up.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:16:19 AM

I also have noticed that a few months already, but there are some coins who stays steady around a certain price but most of the time when Bitcoin price goes up most of the Altcoins dump hard, I'm not sure if it has to do with Bitcoin rising because if it dumps too the Altcoins would also try to regain back the price. Very fishy indeed.
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:19:35 AM

In just a short time, Bitcoin reaches $ 4,000, altcoin go to the moon, this makes me very scared about the altcoin because I am sure next week all altcoin will decrease because they will definitely sell altcoin to buy Bitcoin because Bitcoin prices are currently very high and can certainly reach $ 5000 next week

Let's be patient and see what happens next week.
Maybe after Bitcoin has a short rest, altcoins will be stronger and will go up.

I hope next week the charts will turn green. It is painful to my eyes looking at the red marks. All of my coins are going down. Some are even incurring more than 20% dip. Damn! I was actually happy looking at bitcoin flying high but I was not expecting that this is much disadvantageous to the altcoin world.
Ethereuming

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:27:54 AM

Why bitcoin to $4000 = altcoin market crash?  Huh Not logical
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 09:31:17 AM

Soon we will see a thread like bitcoin to $3000 altcoin market pump. Bitcoin is overpumped now and be dumped soon probably after segwit.

satria33

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:48:28 AM

It is common, when the bitcoin price rises altcoin down and  we can use it to buy altcoin that we predict will be able to rise again
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: