Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin to $4000 = altcoin market crash  (Read 3057 times)
Custard81

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:40:02 AM

If you invest for the medium - long term across a diverse (10-20 alt-coins), you have nothing to worry about.  Avoid trading, unless you are really experiences and everything will be fine.  I personally keep my portfolio in 20-35% bitcoin which I believe is fairly optimum for the long-term game.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:07:51 AM

If you invest for the medium - long term across a diverse (10-20 alt-coins), you have nothing to worry about.  Avoid trading, unless you are really experiences and everything will be fine.  I personally keep my portfolio in 20-35% bitcoin which I believe is fairly optimum for the long-term game.

I think 20% or more is really a good spread for bitcoin. But this should be in longer term. Just let your coin sit in your wallet for about 2 years and I'm sure it will pay good dividends along the way.

Well for some trading is very lucrative so they will continue to do so. But for some of us who are really not good in trading, investment in the best option. You have nothing to worry about unlike in trading which will put some pressure in yourself to make a profit. That is why there are professional traders who are very skilled on this craft and they are making a decent gains from day trading.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:39:18 AM

Altcoins need the right conditions to thrive. The market doesn't like uncertainty in bitcoin. It doesn't like massive bull runs or big corrections in bitcoin. The altcoin market likes a stable sideways moving or very slow increase/decrease in bitcoin. Wild swings and big news like hardforking doesn't give altcoins a good environment to thrive in.

coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:32:25 AM

Altcoins need the right conditions to thrive. The market doesn't like uncertainty in bitcoin. It doesn't like massive bull runs or big corrections in bitcoin. The altcoin market likes a stable sideways moving or very slow increase/decrease in bitcoin. Wild swings and big news like hardforking doesn't give altcoins a good environment to thrive in.

Unlike bitcoin, altcoin market didn't have such fight like hard fork/segwit. Also it depends on bitcoin in price but it didn't move up with bitcoin so other factors are involved I think. Maybe, moving price of bitcoin attracted altcoin investors and they have decided to sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. With the addition of new investors on bitcoin, altcoin market went down. I think alts will need more news to survive against bitcoin.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:59:26 AM

Looks like there are some coins or tokens getting crashed but not that much. Especially top coins aren't even affected by bitcoin rally.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:19:09 PM

I think you are absolutely right. The top altcoins are falling now. I can't imagine when Bitcoin will be 5000$.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:57:23 PM

meh, i can't really see this as a good investment strategy. specially these days.
the total loss + profit of 10-20 altcoins is more negative than positive which means you will lose money in total and also it is hard to keep a close eye on 10-20 alts instead of say 5 good rising coins.

and if you look at the market you can clearly see that almost always only a handful of coins are rising (about 5) in other words if you invest in 10-20 you are only getting profit in 5 of them if you are lucky and lose money in 5-15 others.

and the market is big enough for you to invest even all your bitcoin in just 1 altcoin too.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:25:26 PM

I think you are absolutely right. The top altcoins are falling now. I can't imagine when Bitcoin will be 5000$.

They are falling with respect to Bitcoin. If you look carefully at the exchange rates versus the United States Dollar, then you can see that most of the altcoins have held on to their value.
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

what do you think about that ?

so far whenever bitcoin price goes up, most of the altcoins (specially the top 10 alts) get dumped pretty hard.

and it has already happened, with bitcoin over $4000 everything is in red again.
even though btc suck blood from other altcoins, but it doesnt mean altcoin crash while the btc go to $4000, the market has proven it recently

aksay79

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:40:22 PM

Looks like there are some coins or tokens getting crashed but not that much. Especially top coins aren't even affected by bitcoin rally.
Bitcoin price increase most impact on eth,Altcoin others Just carried away Bitcoin price stability, If btc is stable Altcoin is not affected with btc high value,
That's when i make buying and selling altcoin

TELLURIA
                       █
                     █████
                   ████████
                  ███████  ██
               ███  ██  ██████ 
             ███████  ██████  ██
           ███████  ██  ██  ██████ 
         ███████  ██████  █████████
       ███████████  ██████  ██████  █
     ███████  ██████  ██████  ██  █████
    ██████  ██  ██████  ██████  █████████ 
      ██  ██████  ██████  █████████████
          ████████  ██████  █████████ 
            ████████  ██  ██  █████
              ████████  ██████  █
                ███████████████
                  ███████████
                    ███████
                     ████
EXCHANGE
|| ANN Telegram Group
WP Telegram Channel
Facebook Twitter Reddit      
QlooQl

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:04:09 PM

Oh yeah pump and dump hard!!!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
puvanb

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:36:19 AM

What we are seeing now is quite confusing. The report says, Japanese market is causing the demand in Bitcoin, that would explain why the altcoins are not crashing badly. It is just that there is more extra cash coming into bitcoin rather than money from altcoins being channeled to bitcoin, which is the normal trend in crypto currency. That explains you know. This is a good example of what will happen in the future when more nations get involved with bitcoin, fresh money, bitcoin all time high. This will be crazy in the next coming 10 years.

But what i do not understand is how on earth BCC is more valuable than ETH? it is at 0.1168 sat at this point of my writing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: