Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 06:33:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trading the alt coins ... losing money recently .. use BTC or USD ??  (Read 642 times)
invisiblefriend321 (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:32:44 AM

NAMASTE !

Why do the alt-coins seem to continue to lose value ? am I reading incorrectly ? thx friends !
I know this is a newbie type question ---
good day to all --

I've been in the bitcoin game for years -- n I'm drooling as most who let go of some coins in the past as it jumps past 4k !!!!

but the alt coins -- i started 6 months ago -- it was a busy time --- i put a few bitcoins into a few -- about 12 alt coins ---
I fooled around with trading at first -- and it went well -- but started sitting on the coins for  a drop --  i just got back to my portfolio and it has lost considerable BTC value of course !!

Im amazed at how as the bitcoin is going so high -- my btc "value" is going down significantly each day it seems !      started with 3.5 btc and now about 2 !!!!!!!!      the us dollar amount has of course increased due to the btc rise -- but the coin value goes down --

am i missing something ?

and part 2 question ?? ---             as I watch the alt coin charts ---          How does the btc value on the charts represent -- they change so much --            do most people look at the btc value or the us fiat value ??      and what is ones best method to stay ahead ...
when i look at the btc value -- and it changes so drastically --- 
??
what do I go by ?
just the trends knowledge and info ...

or do I look at current actual btc values and such ??     since one day to the next it of course changes minute to minute just the same

im a daily trader - and would love any advice

plz leave way to reach out -- will certainly tip those with good help -- thx in advance my friend

peace n respect

KIND VIBES
invisible friend
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:59:19 AM

Bitcoin already is giving sure profits. I think people are less motivated to try alts when they have sure profits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
invisiblefriend321 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:28:23 AM

Bitcoin already is giving sure profits. I think people are less motivated to try alts when they have sure profits.

thx eric -- that is a perfect reasoning...

I cannot believe this weekends run up with btc !!!!!!!!!          I was trying to make some moves with my trading that I keep online .. and wow -- I tried selling a drop at 3699 , 3799 , 3999 and now I'm just waiting -- with my hopes for just a quick dip and return to mania !

re alt coins -- that makes so much sense !!!!!

how do most look at the alt coins on a daily basis ?

when the numbers change so drastic .. aside the graphs and looking at the fiat value ??        does anyone have suggestions --  as far as reading the #'s better --
when the btc is rising so high -- the alt coins just seem to lose the btc value regardless of fiat dollar value ....

thx in advance

happy trading

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:49:59 AM

It looks like you got into alts when they were at their all time high.

When bitcoin rises, alts always go down - and that's because existing holders cash out into bitcoin in order to cash out into dollars.

I would take a break from alt trading for a week or so and get a feel for what is happening. Alts won't rise again till bitcoin pulls back.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:01:13 AM

Namaste to you too! You are correct that altcoins in general are losing value, but only against BTC. Most alts are only traded against BTC anyway, and if you didn't realise, BTC has grown from 1 week to $4000 from $3000. In this sense,,, your altcoins are worth less and less BTC but may maintain the same value of USD.

For example, USD 3 was the same as 0.001 BTC last week but USD 3.50 is less than 0.001 BTC now.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
invisiblefriend321 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:31:49 AM

It looks like you got into alts when they were at their all time high.

When bitcoin rises, alts always go down - and that's because existing holders cash out into bitcoin in order to cash out into dollars.

I would take a break from alt trading for a week or so and get a feel for what is happening. Alts won't rise again till bitcoin pulls back.
thx 4 your advice my friend !

respect n good luck ...  appreciate !
ruclassic

Activity: 96
Merit: 100

RUcoin - Revolution on Universe

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:06:44 AM

NAMASTE !

Why do the alt-coins seem to continue to lose value ? am I reading incorrectly ? thx friends !
good day to all --

I've been in the bitcoin game for years -- n I'm drooling as most who let go of some coins in the past as it jumps past 4k !!!!

but the alt coins -- i started 6 months ago -- it was a busy time --- i put a few bitcoins into a few -- about 12 alt coins ---
I fooled around with trading at first -- and it went well -- but started sitting on the coins for  a drop --  i just got back to my portfolio and it has lost considerable BTC value of course !!

Im amazed at how as the bitcoin is going so high -- my btc "value" is going down significantly each day it seems !      started with 3.5 btc and now about 2 !!!!!!!!      the us dollar amount has of course increased due to the btc rise -- but the coin value goes down --

am i missing something ?

and part 2 question ?? ---             as I watch the alt coin charts ---          How does the btc value on the charts represent -- they change so much --            do most people look at the btc value or the us fiat value ??      and what is ones best method to stay ahead ...
??
what do I go by ?

or do I look at current actual btc values and such ??     since one day to the next it of course changes minute to minute just the same

plz leave way to reach out -- will certainly tip those with good help -- thx in advance my friend

peace n respect

KIND VIBES
invisible friend

IN BTC always you will get profit in future. But many people doing trading in altcoin and if you looking for increase your number of BTC than that is right you can increase No. of BTC through trading. But as you told nowadays BTC going up and up so all altcoin price so much down that definitely take your no. of BTC down. You can check May-June 2017. In this 2 month many altcoin already reach all time high price so may be that type of time will come again just wait for that day & you will cover your money which you losing recently.

● Virtual Reality Industry                                             Get profit from 1st day of ICO.
VR in Psychotherapy | VR in the Military                        ANN Thread|Facebook|Twitter
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:41:27 AM

most of the times when bitcoin price is rising like it has been rising in the past few days, the altcoins crash hard. and that is in both BTC and USD value. remember that this is happening in 99% of the times not always.
so it is best to stay away from trading most of the altcoins at times like these and start focusing your attention on bitcoin or just stay away and hodl.

but as you can see bitcoin stopped rising, at least for a short time, and this can mean altcoins are again going to show some movements specially those that crashed hard will recover some of their price. you can use this opportunity to make some profit in a very short time.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:23:49 AM

if you don't try to increase your bitcoin by altcoin trading, you shouldn't worry about it as you have same amount of money in usd currency but if not you should consider both altcoins and bitcoin at the same time when you are trading.
YS84

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:47:37 AM

NAMASTE !

good day to all --

am i missing something ?

??
what do I go by ?

or do I look at current actual btc values and such ??     since one day to the next it of course changes minute to minute just the same

peace n respect

KIND VIBES
invisible friend

IN BTC always you will get profit in future. But many people doing trading in altcoin and if you looking for increase your number of BTC than that is right you can increase No. of BTC through trading. But as you told nowadays BTC going up and up so all altcoin price so much down that definitely take your no. of BTC down. You can check May-June 2017. In this 2 month many altcoin already reach all time high price so may be that type of time will come again just wait for that day & you will cover your money which you losing recently.
That’s right. These days all are talking about critical situation for the altcoin investors, altcoins crashes because of the bitcoin price going up.  This has happened normally when the bitcoin get high, altcoin go down. Wait and see, altcoin will be getting high again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: