Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donation service to help diseases  (Read 553 times)
ashleysly (OP)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:57:02 PM

Hi. I am Ashley Williams.
My previous posts have not been all good on this forum. I do apologise but now, I want to crack down and do something serious.

I hope this is the right section since I really want to help people.

I was thinking the other day, what can I do in the Bitcoin community to help others. How can I help? So I realised, why not help people who have got diseases. Diseases that can ruin lives causing disabilities or even death.

I know there are thousands or probably hundreds of thousands of diseases that affect peoples lives, but I have a few myself and I know what it feels like having them.

I have Hydronephrosis on the kidney and have already had a kidney removed due to this disease, and I am only 18. This has affected my urinary tract.
I know there will be a time in my life where I might have to turn to dialysis due to this.
I have scoliosis but I recently had an operation which included fitting 2 titanium bars to straighten my spine. But my spine will never be the same as a normal person. I might have had an operation but I still get stiffness and have got nerve damage.

I know what it is like living with all of these problems and I don't want others to feel the same way. I want the future to be a world where the amount of people affected by problems such as these to decrease. And that I feel as if we donate to the correct charity, this could potentially help thousands of people.

I want to help with the process therefore I have decided to ask you, the Bitcoin community, to help with donating to the correct charity.

I have set up a dedicated Wallet just to accept Bitcoins to pass to charities.

Dedicated Wallet: 18ZLyAhMvKWR65c5ZjnFopq2WqiBDbnkAz

P.S. I am being serious. Please don't criticise since I am only trying to help the people in need. The ones I feel for. Also, I will be happy to post any pics of scars from my operations I have had to prove anything.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:10:20 AM

Hi there Ashley - while I am not criticizing, I want to warn you that you`re unlikely to have a success with this in this particular location.  I haven`t been here long, and I have already seen this exact tactic being used as a scam.

I am not calling into question either your physical ailments or your desire to do good for others, but you need to recognize how easy it would be for someone with less pure motives to use this kind of technique to pull at people`s heart strings in order to persuade them to donate money for such a seemingly worthy cause.  In addition, for me personally to donate anything to any cause I would need to have a very clear, technical breakdown of how exactly those donations would be used to actually help that particular cause.  Putting bitcoins into a wallet controlled by someone else doesn`t directly help with research into diseases or any one disease.  I mean, if you were running a laboratory researching cures for various diseases then you could cash out those bitcoins into your local fiat currency (£, based on your previous posts) and then use the donated money as cash in order to defray operating expenses.

On the other hand, if you are just planning to cash out those donated BTC and then given them to a charity yourself, then anybody else could do that process themselves, claim the fiat currency donation for tax purposes, and still have the satisfaction of helping ease the suffering of humanity from myriad diseases.  At this stage you haven`t specified any charity that you plan to donate to, nor have you itemized when, how, how much, or under what circumstances you will make those donations.

Based on this post, I applaud you for having your heart in the right place.  But there is absolutely not a snowball`s chance in hell on a midsummer`s day that I will donate a single bitcent to even the noblest campaign set up under these particular conditions, and I think most people on this forum would share my view.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:50:43 AM

I agree with BitCoinUser123.

You're asking people to donate BTC to a random address, when the only thing you've given us is your word. Unfortunately on the internet, that's only enough for the naive among us.

So if you're legit, you'll need to prove it, otherwise this post should be flagged as a scam.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
linuxer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:53:05 AM

if donation is for legit cause people will donate otherwise they will just ignore it as a scam.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:59:34 AM

Donate to the address below for the colonization of Mars! I promise!

Nah, you get the point?
spiderJ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:54:12 PM

Fuck me, some people have no morals. What's next,  'donations' to cure cancer? You should be fucking ashamed scammer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: