Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2024, 05:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ravenbit Coins  (Read 251 times)
wheatback (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

I am selling some physical bitcoins for a woman whose husband recently passed away, among the coins are several Ravenbits with grey firstbit stickers. Does anyone know how I can try to confirm if they are loaded or not?
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:28:20 AM

I am selling some physical bitcoins for a woman whose husband recently passed away, among the coins are several Ravenbits with grey firstbit stickers. Does anyone know how I can try to confirm if they are loaded or not?

if you have the private key or public key, you can always check it on any block explorers but if you don't have any of it, most probably it doesn't have coins stored on it
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:51:35 PM

if you have the private key or public key, you can always check it on any block explorers but if you don't have any of it, most probably it doesn't have coins stored on it

Yes I agree, bitcoin and altcoin all use wallet. So all you have to do is look for the private key addres blockchain or any other wallet. Maybe you can check in the browser history of the deceased husband's computer, what wallet he uses. After that you can find his data in the folder folder stored on his computer.
wheatback (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:09:05 PM

Yes I agree, bitcoin and altcoin all use wallet. So all you have to do is look for the private key addres blockchain or any other wallet. Maybe you can check in the browser history of the deceased husband's computer, what wallet he uses. After that you can find his data in the folder folder stored on his computer.

I will be doing that when I see her in the begining of September, but until then I have no idea if anything is on them... They come shipped without the hologram on them and since he has attached the holograms to all of the coins it leads me to believe that there is a balance stored on them... I may recommend that we open them to see if there is any value stored on them since there dont seem to be any selling on eBay so I'm not sure of what the value of them would be without a balance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: