Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to sell  (Read 1089 times)
butterflies04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:41:11 AM

I have not even considered selling as I picked projects I loved and believe we are way to early into this revolution to bail out.  We got decades to go. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:13:25 AM

I feel like its impossible to find accurate selling point. Best reference is our economic indicators as they sometimes give answers. And forum looks good place to have decision.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
IaMnOtArObOt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:31:44 AM

I have not even considered selling as I picked projects I loved and believe we are way to early into this revolution to bail out.  We got decades to go. 

This! It needs time to evolve.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:54:34 AM

As a noob, yore destined to try day trading and lose a lot of money in the act. Ive learned that certain pumps happen due to news and speculation, study that coin, social media etc and see why the price is going up. If its pure pump then give it a few hours and see how the buys look. Theres been times Ive sold coins for double the profit and woke up to see that I could of made 9 times the profit. Not a good feeling  Undecided

Campaign Manager (2018)
celested

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:06:42 AM

How do you decide when to sell? What tell you that the rise is over and there is about to be a drop? I keep selling too soon and while I'm not losing money, I could be doing way better. I'd appreciate any advice

Be patient and wait, nowadays, bitcoin is going up too fast, it is affecting all other altcoin, they have to go down, just wait until everything stabilizes, i Believe that you will sell for a good price.
Tanaka Osato

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:16:07 AM

How do you decide when to sell? What tell you that the rise is over and there is about to be a drop? I keep selling too soon and while I'm not losing money, I could be doing way better. I'd appreciate any advice

Be patient and wait, nowadays, bitcoin is going up too fast, it is affecting all other altcoin, they have to go down, just wait until everything stabilizes, i Believe that you will sell for a good price.

YEs the bitcoin rally is definitely sucking the life out of some of the good altcoins. But that is good as it makes for buying opportunities.

In investing we need to conquer our emotions and act on a purely logical data driven basis.
Dikobit

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:21:41 AM

don't be greedy, and set stop loss
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

this is very wrong. there is no selling too soon in altcoin market. you always set a certain percentage profit for yourself and then sell at that price. very simple. and take that profit and never regret anything. this is called a successful trader.

the important part is setting that percentage profit. for some altcoins it can be 20% for some others it can be up to 200%. and when you sell at that 20% or 200% and it goes higher like 25% or 210% respectively you shouldn't really regret anything. you still have got a big nice profit.

--looking for signature--
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 11:09:38 AM

For long term, I sometimes check the biggest holders' wallet if they withdraw their coins or not, for short term candlestick analysis might be beneficial.
HippiePyro (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:28:56 AM

Theres been times Ive sold coins for double the profit and woke up to see that I could of made 9 times the profit. Not a good feeling  Undecided

This is what I'm trying to avoid. You are correct that I should feel fine with the double profit. Yet when this happens... I don't know how to describe the feeling. It's shitty. Definitely need to work on conquing my emotions in this trade
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:37:02 AM

You are lucky that you can able to sell out and you are not losing money which this kind of way is short trading buying on low and sell high on a short period of time which some traders do really do. This kind of technique or trading way do somehow need some technical analysis on which the same as im doing now, i do make use of technical tools which it somehow gives me an idea on when to sell but it doesnt work anytime but there are times that they are effective.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:39:28 AM

If you have access to a really more or less accurate technical assistance and charting, then will probably be having a target price. The target price is going to be your ceiling. But in the absence of all these, I think you better be safe rather than sorry. If the increase happens and you think you are already having some gain, then it is better to pull it out.
Cootie

Activity: 292
Merit: 102

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:24:38 PM

What you're doing is a good idea. You're minimizing the risks on your profit. But also your minimizing the chance of your cryptocurrency to gain more profit. But that's fine. You will be able to gain profit securely through your current method. But taking risks can also be helpful Who knows, maybe one day if you try to hold that coin for a while and the rate got high, then you can hit the jackpot through that. It will also lessen your regrets of selling to early before the price got significantly high, if you only have one. Still your choice, its your money anyways

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
wojak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

I am still learning, but I've learned to not be greedy. For a day trades (because I am building my capital), I am targeting to get ~3% profit, doing a lot of such transactions, setting waiting window for 4-10 hours (depends). When in this period currency is falling below lets say 1% (3/1 ratio) I am selling, but you must realise that it can be short fall, it is hard to find out and it is mostly gambling. My goal is to get 50-100% return in month time. This way I am always with profit. 2% is minimum because of fees.
And it doesn't matter if ico will raise 1500% later, cause it is 50/50 chance, you will never know, many 2-4% earnings are good enough.

Bitmex profit calculator with notifications

The anaphylaxis of the DC-Mini is expanding exponentially!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: