Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8G Undervolt on Bios Who has tried?  (Read 956 times)
Rodrigo8 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:10:14 PM

I already have a pretty idea of how to play with Bios, but I would like to hear some opinions of those who already did, and how did.
I would like to limit the CC and CM to ~850-950mw. What changes have you made? Thanks
Rodrigo8 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:52:51 AM

I already have a pretty idea of how to play with Bios, but I would like to hear some opinions of those who already did, and how did.
I would like to limit the CC and CM to ~850-950mw. What changes have you made? Thanks

Been there, done that. Also undervolted it in Linux in realtime (without VBIOS mods.)

you need show me this, because I just talked to the developers of Ethos and they told me nowadays it is impossible to do undervolt on AMD graphics cards on Linux. But they are trying to develop something.
Rodrigo8 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:51:48 AM

Been there, done that. Also undervolted it in Linux in realtime (without VBIOS mods.)

you need show me this, because I just talked to the developers of Ethos and they told me nowadays it is impossible to do undervolt on AMD graphics cards on Linux. But they are trying to develop something.

I doubt they said that. They probably said that THEY couldn't...

This screenshot was taken to show my Sapphire Nitro+ LE 580 doing 30.2MH/s @ 0.8062V, but also shows the undervolting (NSFW): https://i.imgur.com/1UEGeRz.jpg

I replied to you in another tred, but you could tell me how you did it, because I actually talked to the developers and they were categorical in saying that it was not possible to do this in AMDs (today). I'd like to pass on your information to them, and see what they have to say about it, would it be possible?
Rodrigo8 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:58:23 PM

I doubt they said that. They probably said that THEY couldn't...

This screenshot was taken to show my Sapphire Nitro+ LE 580 doing 30.2MH/s @ 0.8062V, but also shows the undervolting (NSFW): https://i.imgur.com/1UEGeRz.jpg

I replied to you in another tred, but you could tell me how you did it, because I actually talked to the developers and they were categorical in saying that it was not possible to do this in AMDs (today). I'd like to pass on your information to them, and see what they have to say about it, would it be possible?

I wrote a tool which accesses the GPU directly, and controls the different VRM controllers. Note the tool in the pic - 'wolfamdvolt'. Show 'em the pic and they'll tell you.

so let see if I understand, you wrote a tool ok is yours I got, and yours intentions with it is? not share?
chilliefly

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:02:22 PM

Will this method ever be shared?  Is it card specific or can it be applied to family of cards 570 (ie Asus, Saphire, Gigabyte). If this info is not being released are you offering support for some kind of payment? Im specifically interested in Linux undervolting since im wasting a lot of Watts on my rig. Is it a one time application to a specific card or is it software based?

Let me know

Cheers
chilliefly

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:23:28 PM

Will this method ever be shared?  Is it card specific or can it be applied to family of cards 570 (ie Asus, Saphire, Gigabyte). If this info is not being released are you offering support for some kind of payment? Im specifically interested in Linux undervolting since im wasting a lot of Watts on my rig. Is it a one time application to a specific card or is it software based?

Let me know

Cheers

It's software based, not card specific, VRM specific, and most are supported. I currently can do all the way down to Hawaii cards, actually.
Have a pricing chart (per card or system)?
What is required from someone who needs work done (remote access or application sent and instructions sent) ?
Any limitations of how many cards you can run?
Can you run both 580s and 570s in a rig at the same time?

Cheers
Let me know
alred911

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:23:58 PM

nobody is going to mention Wolf0 wallpaper ?  Grin
chilliefly

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:43:16 PM

Let me know

Cheers

It's software based, not card specific, VRM specific, and most are supported. I currently can do all the way down to Hawaii cards, actually.
Have a pricing chart (per card or system)?
What is required from someone who needs work done (remote access or application sent and instructions sent) ?
Any limitations of how many cards you can run?
Can you run both 580s and 570s in a rig at the same time?

Cheers
Let me know

Usually I consider large farms with mostly a single type of GPU, because this way I can create a version limited to one VRM controller. This leaking would be damaging, but the master copy leaking would be catastrophic. No limit on cards, 570s and 580s are the same card lol, so of course.

nobody is going to mention Wolf0 wallpaper ?  Grin

Most people are used to it by now...

PM me if interested. Have around 60-70 cards. Just looking to lower my watts. Hopefully with SMOS - ubuntu (spawn a new terminal and perform any voltage work with software there). Willing to change OS if needed for ease of use for this to work. 

Assorted  batches of the following cards
570 Aorus 4gb
570 Saphire nitro+ 570 4gb
570 Gigabyte 4gb
580 Aorus 4gb
580 Gigabyte 4gb
580 Asus dual 4gb

Not looking to ruin anyone's brand/image....potential income loss would SUCK.

cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: