Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you been tipped in BTC for a post?
Yes - 16 (39%)
No - 11 (26.8%)
No, but I haven't really posted anything deserving of one yet - 14 (34.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been tipped in BTC for a post?  (Read 1169 times)
Ares (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:54:44 PM

I think one of the greatest aspects of Bitcoin is that you can tip anyone, anywhere, anytime, for any amount and I suspect one day all youtube videos and blog posts will end in a QR code, and QR Code posters will be set up at the exits of school plays etc...

I'm curious if this is currently happening frequently. For those of you who have addresses in your signature, or post on reddit, have you been tipped?
noedaRDH

Activity: 182

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:57:24 PM

Yep.

Those who have the technical know-how of creating easy to use "tipping" apps will surely make a lot of profit.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:00:11 PM

Yep.

Those who have the technical know-how of creating easy to use "tipping" apps will surely make a lot of profit.

There's an opportunity.

I think this aspect of Bitcoin could be huge. All of a sudden, there's a new motivation to research and publish information.
noedaRDH

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:02:38 PM

Yep.

There's an opportunity.

I think this aspect of Bitcoin could be huge. All of a sudden, there's a new motivation to research and publish information.

It can be a double-edge sword; you might get a ton of new content on sites like Youtube that are even more piss-poor than what we have now, just because people are fishing for tips. On the other hand, it could introduce much higher quality forms of "free" media if there's a partial incentive to create things for tips.

wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:10:40 PM

I can tip anyone with online banking too

Just give me your bank #

Bitcoin is not special in this aspect rofl, it's not like I can tip you without your address

Tipping possibility on some sites is just some system which could 100% be built for USD too

#OPFAIL
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:12:23 PM

Just give me your bank #

Bitcoin is not special in this aspect rofl, it's not like I can tip you without your address

Tipping possibility on some sites is just some system which could 100% be built for USD too

#OPFAIL

Comparing a bank account number to a bitcoin address... I'm thinking you don't know how bitcoin works.
wopwop

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:13:09 PM

Just give me your bank #

#OPFAIL

Comparing a bank account number to a bitcoin address... I'm thinking you don't know how bitcoin works.
I loléd at your stupidity Cheesy
noedaRDH

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:14:41 PM

Just give me your bank #

#OPFAIL

Can you tip through your bank pseudoanonymously?

What if the only way you can tip that person is by wiring money? The transaction fees would probably be larger than the tip itself.

It's very hard to tip very small amounts using conventional methods, especially for someone who simply creates content on a whim and don't want to give away their banking information.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:15:35 PM

I think one of the greatest aspects of Bitcoin is that you can tip anyone, anywhere, anytime, for any amount and I suspect one day all youtube videos and blog posts will end in a QR code, and QR Code posters will be set up at the exits of school plays etc...

I'm curious if this is currently happening frequently. For those of you who have addresses in your signature, or post on reddit, have you been tipped?
happend to me quite some times since i helped ppl fixing their problems or answering questions, mainly the Development & Technical Discussion board.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

I haven't recieved anything, but I haven't posted my address in my signature, maybe I should.
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:18:13 PM

happend to me quite some times since i helped ppl fixing their problems or answering questions, mainly the Development & Technical Discussion board.

Sweet, glad to hear theres a friendly community here.

If only there was a fitness and nutrition board here for me to help at  Tongue
Kao

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

I haven't been tipped anything yet. That being said I haven't started any threads or added anything more than my POV on various issues to discussions that have been going on. Don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy if I ever got tipped but the people who write long posts that answer questions and provide a lot of useful information and the the people who dig up and/or write articles and treatises not only on bitcoin but on currency economics deserve the money more.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 10:26:42 PM

I got a few millis.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
wopwop

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:27:03 PM

Just give me your bank #

#OPFAIL

What if the only way you can tip that person is by wiring money? The transaction fees would probably be larger than the tip itself.

It's very hard to tip very small amounts using conventional methods, especially for someone who simply creates content on a whim and don't want to give away their banking information.
Wiring money is free in europe
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:28:03 PM

Sweet, glad to hear theres a friendly community here.

If only there was a fitness and nutrition board here for me to help at  Tongue
its rare, but happens Smiley just keep on trying/hoping Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
noedaRDH

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:32:27 PM

Just give me your bank #

#OPFAIL

Wiring money is free in europe

What about international wires? Or wiring a tiny amount (under 1 Euro)?

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 10:34:39 PM

acshully yeah & i has no clues why  Huh

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
TimJBenham

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:37:22 PM

I loléd at your stupidity Cheesy

Ignore button not bright enough yet? keep polishing.

As to the OP, I've never included an address in my posts because I don't like to beg, so I didn't answer the survey.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
raze

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:00:43 AM

I don't see it as begging. I see it as another medium in which people can use their coins and trade within the forum. If you offer up some awesome content, what's wrong with getting a few BTC for your time?

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:36:15 AM

Yep.

Just came across this on reddit:

https://bitprops.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: