Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The internet is way too centralized.  (Read 737 times)
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:46:00 PM

I don't agree to that statement, because Internet has helped to world transition at a faster rate for globalization and create better opportunities for us!
Although the future of the Internet is not entirely clear, one conclusion can be made: the Internet will become more social and more mobile.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
high_jack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:22:13 PM

The seperated internet is exist at China, go to China if you want to search things on internet through Bing and using Weibo social media.
HydroCoin_Tony

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:48:26 PM

Yes, maybe a time will come in the future where we will need to fork the internet.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:15:02 PM

The internet has achieved very much in a short time. It has implemented itself in our everyday lives and with websites like facebook, twitter and similar it is connecting all of us into one big group. All of our data that we are using is stored somewhere in the place that we choose. But that is also a bad thing cause everyone with a little knowledge can hack your accounts and steal your personal data that you want to keep safe. The future has brought us connection that we must embrace if we want to advance and centralization of the internet is providing us that steps. Not all are comfortable with the current happenings but without acceptance of current things, people cannot advance forward toward better future.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
IT_AEX

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:49:22 PM

The internet is centralized because we have asked for it.
What is the purpose of having multiple social media sites?

Will you go into "facebook", then "y" and then "z" to find out what have your friends and family posted/shared?
Hell no, people want one site where they can consult everything/the most related to it. (One of the reasons of why Instagram is destroying Snapchat).

I think that it is better this way, my only concern is that the shareholders of those platforms are getting rich, when the users and content creators of those platforms should be the ones making money, blockchain will definetely democratize this.
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:29:47 PM

I don't agree to that statement, because Internet has helped to world transition at a faster rate for globalization and create better opportunities for us!
Although the future of the Internet is not entirely clear, one conclusion can be made: the Internet will become more social and more mobile.
I think mobile not gonna help the internet grows up, it's all about the new technology which could helps the internet becomes wider and faster.

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:52:57 PM

Yes, you have hit a sensible point - Internet which is by nature decentralsed has become centralised - and will become more an more. Incredible!

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
ezhui

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:27:28 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 03:46:37 AM by ezhui

Very good point. Centralized internet is a natural way the world runs in the past thousand years. People are used to it. Countries, governments, news agency, banks are all centralized. Internet technology gives large number of people a chance to have their own voice, but I don't think it can change the fundamental. The world is still controlled by big capital groups.Although people are talking about technology like blockchain could disrupt centralized institutions, I don't think the capitals would give up their power in a easy way.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
CryspRayz

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:00:30 AM

So we can officially say internet became way too centralized.
Gallery? Use Instagram.
Communication? Only Facebook.
Microblog? Twitter.
Videos? YouTube.
Search engine? Google.
If any of these sites will be shut down, there will be problem for current internet users. They will need to set up new service. And R.I.P. these data. Try to use multiple services for this. You will lose only part if it will get shut down. At least Wikipedia won something once.

If they shut down it wouldn't be much of a problem at least for me.
Instagram? Okay a bunch of photos, I don't care
Facebook? Okay, I can communicate outside
Twitter - Just a bunch of short thoughts
Youtube - Well, this one I will miss a lot. Very useful thing
Google - That's a huge problem as well. It would be harder to find information. Though we have Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, etc.

So we will be alright anyway  Smiley
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:26:21 AM

Yes, you have hit a sensible point - Internet which is by nature decentralsed has become centralised - and will become more an more. Incredible!

Even such an amazing invention as telephone, newspaper or television are losing importance. People have everything in one place - the internet!
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:25:48 PM

Yes, maybe a time will come in the future where we will need to fork the internet.
That will be illegal due to Internet Neutrality laws. You won't be allowed to prevent the forked network's users from having full unfiltered access to the rest of the Internet, and you won't be able to encourage the use of the forked network using a pricing system that charges more for access to the rest.
anze

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:39:47 PM

Internet as a whole actually resembles the Long Tail more and more.
tsutiy

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:11:13 PM

I don't think its correct. For example search engines. Google is just the most popular but not at all the only one. And the same with others.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:23:49 PM

The internet has achieved very much in a short time. It has implemented itself in our everyday lives and with websites like facebook, twitter and similar it is connecting all of us into one big group. All of our data that we are using is stored somewhere in the place that we choose. But that is also a bad thing cause everyone with a little knowledge can hack your accounts and steal your personal data that you want to keep safe. The future has brought us connection that we must embrace if we want to advance and centralization of the internet is providing us that steps. Not all are comfortable with the current happenings but without acceptance of current things, people cannot advance forward toward better future.
yes, I will agree...technologies such as they are...our life without internet is impossibl... and we have to put up with some of its shortcomings
bdsultana8

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:44:00 PM

Yes, Internet which is by nature decentralsed has become centralised - and will become more an more.  Internet technology gives large number of people a chance to have their own voice, but I don't think it can change the fundamental.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:48:30 PM

In my opinion it's not bad that the Internet has become centralized. Developers of these applications improve their product, thereby increasing the number of users.
marinomario

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:03:45 PM

Whether users use social media within reasonable limits and not excessive let alone violate the law. Let's use this youth for something useful, not just for social media fun. apajamanya our future if in daily wasted time just to surf in cyberspace. Let's be an intelligent generation with social media benefits as wisely as possible.
The decision is in the hands of the user. social media will bring a positive impact when used for positive things. On the contrary. He will become a disease for those who are not good at using it. As an educated person, we should be wise in using social media.
In addition, environmental factors also greatly affect a person to treat his addiction to social media. Should communication between family members be done intensely. Whether it's just taking the time to chat, or watching television together. such small steps will be of great benefit to reduce our dependence on gadged especially its application named social media .

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

In my opinion it's not bad that the Internet has become centralized. Developers of these applications improve their product, thereby increasing the number of users.
This is the way that it has been for a very long time now and it's not going to stop but a centralized internet means that those in charge will have the ability to track and monitor the uses of it and in some ways its good because with that, they were be able to prevent terrorist attacks and other things.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:59:16 PM

So we can officially say internet became way too centralized.
Gallery? Use Instagram.
Communication? Only Facebook.
Microblog? Twitter.
Videos? YouTube.
Search engine? Google.
If any of these sites will be shut down, there will be problem for current internet users. They will need to set up new service. And R.I.P. these data. Try to use multiple services for this. You will lose only part if it will get shut down. At least Wikipedia won something once.

It's not like there aren't good, even better options (sometimes), it's just that people are sheep and are all doing the same thing just because everyone else is doing it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: