Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:21:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imperium ICO- All signs point to a potential scam  (Read 1234 times)
MadPanda (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:20:39 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 01:40:28 AM by MadPanda

Imperium- a revolutionary state-of-the-art sports betting platform that doesn't seem to appeal to sports fans at all,
Don't get me wrong the idea would be great if it could be done right but there a few problems with this ICO other then the abstract web design.
The team appears to not be very transparent and there's no way to gauge there ability's which is concerning.
If this system is indeed fee free how do they possible hope to make a consistent revenue and to top it all off how would they possible avoid the mountain of legal hurdles between country's with this system>?

There site link is below I'm open to any feed back but personally I feel like there's not enough substance to trust this project.

Resource link
https://www.imperium.network/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
therightstuff

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:15:32 AM

I agree...This looks really shady...

There is nothing in their Whitepaper about burning coins, profit sharing, nodes or mining; or why the open market would want this coin at all.

There's just a bunch of crap on their medum page about a 5000% ROI if it goes to $5 one day; and NO FEE BETTING (Please)

I also am skeptical of any crypto ICO that isn't willing to be vetted fully by BitcoinTalk either.

According to the whitepaper and FAQ, the only thing the coin will be good for is betting on their network (if it's ever developed).  So, what if the exchange rate to USD falls to 1 cent; will it still be developed (if it is, why shouldn't interested parties  for it to be developed). 

There's some fancy name dropping about "IBM Watson" being used.

I am very experienced in the online sports betting industry (know all the sports betting affiliates in the business, etc). I also know the basics of cypto (enough to have bought bitcoin at $100).  I'm always looking for a good blockchain sports betting ecosystems to invest in.  While searching, I am getting incredibly sick of all these "ICO's" with the sports betting and gambling name attached to them (in hopes of suckering people in). 

Note: I bought a lot of PPY (peer plays) which I am encouraged by.   I bought a little WGR which has a great plan (just hope it gets developed).  Augur has some decent concepts, but I can't seemed to get a feel for fair valuation. 

I wish I could team up with some experienced cypto developers to launch a platform (that is truly decentralized in all aspects).

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:03:12 PM

The ico opened early and i saw this *US INVESTORS CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS ICO*  why is that us can invest in this ico  Huh
ticterine

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

The ico opened early and i saw this *US INVESTORS CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS ICO*  why is that us can invest in this ico  Huh

Usually the ban on different countries is to avoid upsetting their governing bodies, in the US that would be the SEC. Maybe they're not worried about being classified as a security, but by virtue of raising public funding from US investors - they WOULD be a security and they WOULD be subject to their legal requirements. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_Exchange_Act_of_1934

This is 100% a scam. Their business model is to fund the team with the tokens they have left over - they charge no fee. What happens when their token supply runs out? Their team has NO verification, does not use full names and does not even use pictures. It's like they're trying to make this as obvious as possible this is scam city.

I can't stop people from burning their own money, but this is going to be a black hole.
thynes23

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:13:31 PM

yeah, I was looking at this and thought scam. The whitepaper is very vague about how they will pull off what they are planning. I asked some questions on twitter and got weird replies. I asked if they had a slack channel and they said yes, but didnt give me the link. I asked if they could send me the link and they liked my comment, but didnt send the link. Very likely a scam or at least suspect.
zerberr

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 08:40:16 PM

welp, looks like scam has ended...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: