Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with Nicehash, is it good?  (Read 3018 times)
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:40:43 PM

If you do decide to go with Nicehash, I suggest you combine it with some other service like DMD multipool for example. DMD Diamond is a PoS coin which currently gives you 25% annual interest rate. This works in a way you mine via Nicehash, connect Nicehash payouts to DMD multipool which in turn buys DMD Diamond for you and delivers DMD to your wallet. Then these PoS coins stake and give you 25% additionally per year.

That isn't entirely a bad idea. I've been holding on to a stash of DMD for a while now, but getting more coins without having the hassle of the conversion/exchanges etc seemed hard. I might just get back into mining a bit and adding some coin this way. Thanks for the tip.

And @TS: Unless you want to keep a constant eye on whats happening, something like Nicehash is a good option to stack up BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:09:17 PM

If you do decide to go with Nicehash, I suggest you combine it with some other service like DMD multipool for example. DMD Diamond is a PoS coin which currently gives you 25% annual interest rate. This works in a way you mine via Nicehash, connect Nicehash payouts to DMD multipool which in turn buys DMD Diamond for you and delivers DMD to your wallet. Then these PoS coins stake and give you 25% additionally per year.

That isn't entirely a bad idea. I've been holding on to a stash of DMD for a while now, but getting more coins without having the hassle of the conversion/exchanges etc seemed hard. I might just get back into mining a bit and adding some coin this way. Thanks for the tip.

And @TS: Unless you want to keep a constant eye on whats happening, something like Nicehash is a good option to stack up BTC.
Hmm. Interesting, though that means you'll be converting your bitcoins to DMD? If that is what I understood from what you posted.
If I were to mine bitcoins, I would just keep them as BTC as there is really good potential in btc that could surpass that 25%/year
promised interest of that DMD diamond whatever it is. Though it looks like something good to look into.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:39:37 PM

Nicehash is perfect for newbies as it is pretty straight forward and it explains everything to you through the 3 tabs there are there, mainly with Advanced tab there.

However if you mine in a pool with a specific miner like Claymore,EBWF etc you can make 5-10 dollars a month more per GPU you are using.

Isn't $5-10/month very very low?

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:50:43 PM

Nicehash is perfect for newbies as it is pretty straight forward and it explains everything to you through the 3 tabs there are there, mainly with Advanced tab there.

However if you mine in a pool with a specific miner like Claymore,EBWF etc you can make 5-10 dollars a month more per GPU you are using.

Maybe for one card it is, but for people who do mining at a professional level and they maybe have 25 rigs with 6 GPU each then it is not very very low 150x10 is 1500 dollars more for a month. So everything in life is relative, it depends from the point of view you look at it.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:50:23 PM

Hmm. Interesting, though that means you'll be converting your bitcoins to DMD? If that is what I understood from what you posted.
If I were to mine bitcoins, I would just keep them as BTC as there is really good potential in btc that could surpass that 25%/year
promised interest of that DMD diamond whatever it is. Though it looks like something good to look into.

Bought DMD quite a while ago, still today higher rate per DMD in BTC than when I bought, so still profit. And then 25% interest, I'll consider selling part in a week or 2, but this is an interesting one to move some dust into DMD.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:15:20 AM

Maybe for one card it is, but for people who do mining at a professional level and they maybe have 25 rigs with 6 GPU each then it is not very very low 150x10 is 1500 dollars more for a month. So everything in life is relative, it depends from the point of view you look at it.

No what I meant is $5-10 /month/gpu is pretty low. I've used to know some people who can set up their GPUs to earn a lot higher than that.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
andretsc

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 08:19:53 AM

Hi guys..
I'm thinking about it, with my Asic some people telling me if I run nicehash256asicboost on hiveos I'll destroy my Asic...it could happen? Undecided
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:50:49 PM

Nicehash readjust algorithms itself when one is more profitable than the other, assuming you are mining Zcash today because it's the most profitable another coin might lead over Zcash as the most profitable tomorrow, this is normal and nicehash will switch itself to the new coin algorithm and continue mining, you are still going to get paid in BTC anyway.

FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 07:02:19 AM

Nicehash is very good for newbies who can't configure rigs themselves, nicehash makes things easier for miners without much needed than wallet address to withdraw in BTC but standalone miners like LOL miner or other can give more Hashrates than what you can get on nicehash, that's why it's a must to learn how to configure pools and direct your miners to the pools yourself

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: