Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:05:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments and banks are using you  (Read 1796 times)
Rhum142

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:25:47 AM

Your opinion is totally wrong, the goverment at my country banned bitcoin not using us at " dummy" like you said. Bitcoin is a crypto currency made by POW . No goverment or bank in the world can create bitcoin .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dream_maker82

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:55:10 AM

Bitcoin is still free from the influence of banks and government, as decentralization is applied. And in the future this trend will continue, so there is no cause for concern.

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:40:57 AM

Governments and banks were using each and every one's earnings directly or indirectly, at the same time there are governments and banks that are serving the people and making them grow financially and in terms of technology. This gives the government a combined growth along with the people who are into it.
Truly said! “Using” will not be an appropriate word to use. Thing is that we are dependent on our Government and banks, so are they. I think we both are using each other for our own interests and benefits. We cannot blame our Government that they are using our money and resources.

kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:41:56 AM

Bitcoin is still free from the influence of banks and government, as decentralization is applied. And in the future this trend will continue, so there is no cause for concern.
Bitcoins are not controlled by any bank or government yet. People are that’s why loving to invest into bitcoins. Bitcoins’ decentralized nature has provided all of us a relief from the banks and cruel governments and I want bitcoins to remain decentralized forever otherwise they won’t be able to survive.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:44:42 AM

Governments and banks were using each and every one's earnings directly or indirectly, at the same time there are governments and banks that are serving the people and making them grow financially and in terms of technology. This gives the government a combined growth along with the people who are into it.
Truly said! “Using” will not be an appropriate word to use. Thing is that we are dependent on our Government and banks, so are they. I think we both are using each other for our own interests and benefits. We cannot blame our Government that they are using our money and resources.

Ofcourse they are not using us, rather we are using them. There are various Public Sector Banks which provides enough Interest and Charges low fees, resulting in gains as well as they are providing sufficient services. So I agree its unfair to say that just they are using us.
Mbah Djoko

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:54:33 AM

it is time for banks to provide a guarantee of confidentiality of data from customers, it is no secret that bank customers get unfavorable treatment because their data are often sold for vague interests.

great
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

Government and banks always tried to bring down this decentralize network because they don't have any control over that. It seems that government and banks have failed to convince the people to not use cryptocurrencies. They are now trying to make another centralized cryptocurrency and will convince people to use them by offering better services.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:11:30 AM

Everyone that is currently "investing" in BTC and other cryptos are the "crash test dummies" of the future.

Most major banks and many large/wealthy governments are coming up with their own cryptocurrencies.

Why have these entities not released them yet?  Because they are watching, waiting, and learning from all of the mistakes that other cryptos are making.

High fees.

Slow transactions.

Volatility.

Insecurity of wallets and exchanges.

Public distrust.

Reactions to media attention.

Criminality/money laundering.

Backed by fiat currency.

Lack of patent.

And on and on.

I've been reading this forum for days and I don't see this big picture addressed except in rare cases.  Almost everyone making predictions truly believes that BTC will be around for 50-100 years let alone 2-3.  Every day that goes by is just one more day that forces and entities with far bigger market caps than $100 billion are learning from all of the mistakes and problems plaguing the existing paradigm.

If one is to make a wise investment, they need to be aware of how quickly these markets can change...and literally overnight.  I don't expect much from the fanatics other than irrational reasons why my train of thought is flawed, but I do hope I see some of those individuals that are usually silent come out of the woodwork to offer solutions.  In other words, BTC can only survive if its community takes a mostly pragmatic point of view.  Otherwise it is doomed to be raped and discarded in a way that will leave most reliving their failure to act like that will leave permanent emotional scars like that of PTSD.

You have made a nice observation but at the same time if government comes with their own currency has you have proposed, it then mean that they have equally seen an opportunity in the crypto currency and have equally know that the future is about digitalisation and at the same time know that its either they fall in into that future or wish out. Dont also forget that if they come up with their own crypto currency then that will bring out their hypocrisy after they had claimed severally that crypto is a ponzi scheme and alot of people will see beyond that cover up of theirs.
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:09:05 AM

Everyone that is currently "investing" in BTC and other cryptos are the "crash test dummies" of the future.

Most major banks and many large/wealthy governments are coming up with their own cryptocurrencies.

Why have these entities not released them yet?  Because they are watching, waiting, and learning from all of the mistakes that other cryptos are making.

High fees.

Slow transactions.

Volatility.

Public distrust.

Backed by fiat currency.

Lack of patent.

And on and on.

I've been reading this forum for days and I don't see this big picture addressed except in rare cases.  Almost everyone making predictions truly believes that BTC will be around for 50-100 years let alone 2-3.  Every day that goes by is just one more day that forces and entities with far bigger market caps than $100 billion are learning from all of the mistakes and problems plaguing the existing paradigm.

If one is to make a wise investment, they need to be aware of how quickly these markets can change...and literally overnight.  I don't expect much from the fanatics other than irrational reasons why my train of thought is flawed, but I do hope I see some of those individuals that are usually silent come out of the woodwork to offer solutions.  In other words, BTC can only survive if its community takes a mostly pragmatic point of view.  Otherwise it is doomed to be raped and discarded in a way that will leave most reliving their failure to act like that will leave permanent emotional scars like that of PTSD.

You have made a nice observation but at the same time if government comes with their own currency has you have proposed, it then mean that they have equally seen an opportunity in the crypto currency and have equally know that the future is about digitalisation and at the same time know that its either they fall in into that future or wish out. Dont also forget that if they come up with their own crypto currency then that will bring out their hypocrisy after they had claimed severally that crypto is a ponzi scheme and alot of people will see beyond that cover up of theirs.
,if that would be happening then i think bitcoin would also be legally accepted by the government and can be used for economical terms. I guess also the government was just using us as test drives and they have been keenly observing what's the circulation of these economy, maybe also someday government would also try ruling crypto just maybe i think.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:36:36 PM

You might be right, but how long the goverments experiments will end? every moment bitcoin is always developi. It's not like an app in a playstore, if there's a bug, you just need to report it. and what if the goverments already have a perfect resipe for their own crypto currency, do you think people will leaving bitcoin, and going for new crypto soon?. Well that's even also need a process, and it's not quick time.
WARlrus

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:08:29 PM

High fees.

Slow transactions.

Volatility.

Public distrust.

Backed by fiat currency.

Lack of patent.

And on and on.

but people will never use any blockchain from bank and gov because we dont trust them!

Virtual Rehab➣➣➣ Psychological Rehabilitation for Vulnerable Populations
cybergamp

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:51:51 AM

Bitcoin is a freedom of transaction that uses crypto. Of course this does not have kaitanya with the government or the bank. the bank is just a tool where we can transfer the bitcoin we have. And could someday the government will work with banks to create crypto for its customers. If this really happened then there is no freedom gained by customers like in bitcoin. And I'm not sure that people will switch from bitcoin, and follow the crypto made by the government. Maybe only a few people will use it.
People are found of bitcoins just because they provide complete freedom to the users and they have a full liberty of spending their money the way they want to without paying heavy taxes. Yeah! Even if the banks and governments create their own crypto currencies, no one is going to use them.
Indeed bitcoin is giving everybody flexibility as we don't have to visit a few nations for winning we can gain here effectively from bitcoin on the grounds that bitcoin is most intense cash so for what reason would we go to remote nations to acquire how about we join signature crusade and begin procuring in light of the fact that mark battle is best place to win.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:44:27 AM

Bitcoin ecosystem might not be the best, since its required huge energy to keep stable, but be sure no other crypto coin, even if the countries make such, it wont reach bitcoin sucess, the big difference is bitcoin is decentralized, allowing the up and downs, wich is were a lot people is making money nowadays, there isnt any currencie in the world able to loose 20-30% its value and recover into the short time. Countries can make their centralized currencie, it will be the same way as they do with fiat, they will manipulate and act into the market if the limits are reached, soo for sure people arent interested into such, and crypto will become best option for any investor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: