Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aesthetics  (Read 854 times)
uhoh (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:30:58 AM

Hi guys,

Is there any plans in the future to make the forum look a bit more 'custom'? This forum is the biggest resource for the entire bitcoin ecosystem, yet it's running on the default SMF skin. This is honestly not meant to come across as derogatory, It just seems like it could be made to look much more inviting to new members if some of the forum's coins were spent on getting a really nice skin made (literally just that, a skin, with a nice logo and colour scheme...not even a transition to a different board script). There is plenty of talented graphic designers on this board.

Thanks.

EDIT: Maybe even have a SMF skin contest with a decent prize, voted for by the community
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

I like the default theme. It's clear and concise. I'd be open to small modifications, though. A logo isn't necessary.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
uhoh (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:58:14 AM

I like the default theme. It's clear and concise. I'd be open to small modifications, though. A logo isn't necessary.

Cheers for the reply. There is no denying that it is certainly clear and concise, but would you agree that it looks a bit sterile in its current form? Obviously the aesthetics don't make any difference to the discourse, but  this forum is such a central pillar of bitcoin (a massively progressive and innovative movement) that it would be nice to have a clean, inviting design that has it's own identity.

Again, just my 0.02 cents. 
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:49:27 AM

^^^

Simple is the best, come here for the content not the looks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: