Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie question regarding Coins ( all )  (Read 399 times)
danielgold20 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:08:01 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am wondering and cant understand, what does the reason the the crpyto coin are rising?
Is that because the technology behind the coin? is that because its chip?

Another questions is I see that many company are now go to the market and they make an ICO ( like IPO) correct? so why should people invest in them?

Thank you for your help and sorry for the newbie question

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:17:03 PM

"all crypto coins" are not rising. in fact altcoins are getting dumped very hard. it is just bitcoin that is rising. there are already multiple topics on bitcoin and it is mainly the activation of SegWit and the growth in its adoption.

the altcoins mostly get "pumped" and that is different. and the increasing interest in altcoins is because many still believe that an altcoin worth 1 cent can be like bitcoin in 2009 that is why they invest in it but get disappointed after a while when they see it get dumped hard and die.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Imran1271

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:19:21 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am wondering and cant understand, what does the reason the the crpyto coin are rising?

Another questions is I see that many company are now go to the market and they make an ICO ( like IPO) correct? so why should people invest in them?

hey, actually I didn't get your point what do you mean by your post....please let me tell in details regarding this issue...
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 12:23:38 PM

They rise because of Limited Supply + Increased Demand.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 12:28:36 PM

Its all about the Law of demand and supply. Fiats maintain its stability by adjusting the supply base on the demand. Lets take Bitcoin as example, Bitcoin's demand is rising but there are no means to produce a supply to make it stabilize since the supply is limited hence its price is dependent on the demand. It keeps rising since the demand keeps rising also. Regarding other cryptocurrencies, most (if not all) of it don't have enough demand to sustain their market which (in the worst case scenario) will lead the coin to die.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:50:16 PM

Agreed with you.It's the main reason for increasing the crypto price.also when any coin has real life uses this time the coin price increase like a sky rocket.like Bitcoin and the ethereum.both coin has real life use so why the demand and the price of both coin increasing so high.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:59:16 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:16:48 PM

The pursuit of bitcoins is similar to gold fever. A lot of those who was first time to produce their own gold and became rich. Everyone else spent the money for the trip but found nothing. Now everyone wants to get a gold bitcoin so the price is constantly going up. When stocks of this gold will end nobody knows.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:16:57 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 05:55:32 PM by ivanst776

Hello Everyone!

It is an investment that works out successfully. For the rise in the price of bitcoin, it is due to lot of people investing into it. And as the people share here, traders are seriously dumping altcoins, though I’m not sure if that includes Ethereum. But Bitcoin is always the perfect choice.

Even there are few altcoins are performing well consistently, I never consider them for my investments. I'm always going for only bitcoins as in long-term perspective, it must be the one of the safest investment opportunity.
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:04:09 PM

Bitcoin is taking the market
why ? companies now are using bitcoin as their investment, they can earn on it they can do they payroll with it!
bitcoin is really taking the maraket and the world by itself and giving people opportunity to earn and invest !

bitcoin will rise and rise ..
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:22:07 PM

Hello Everyone!

There are many reasons why different coins are in the rise (in terms of price) these days. We can't point out the exact reason for it but we can provide the possible causes of it. First would be the speculation game that traders are having right now. They are speculating that a certain coin (Bitcoin for example) will have more value in the future thus, providing them the need to buy it now and take profit when its price increases. Second is that some of these coins do have real-life usage. If many people are using a certain coin in their daily lives, the value of it also increases. Basically, a supply and demand scenario. Other reason is just the pump and dump scheme of other groups. They will randomly select a coin and then will try to pump it for profit and then dump it to other people.

Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:35:04 PM

Agreed with you.It's the main reason for increasing the crypto price.also when any coin has real life uses this time the coin price increase like a sky rocket.like Bitcoin and the ethereum.both coin has real life use so why the demand and the price of both coin increasing so high.
The number of bitcoins remaining to be mined is not a big one. It is somewhere around 4 million, correct me if I am wrong. Bitcoins are not in excess while the number of its users is growing gradually. These two factors are causing the value of bitcoins to increase. Many people use them in performing daily purchases now also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: