Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:14:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any information on the next bitcoin hardforks?bcash and legacy?  (Read 403 times)
rakeapps (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:40:25 PM

any information on the next bitcoin harforks?bcash and legacy? bitcoin is getting ready for wide market adoption with Price surge and many projects

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:22:46 PM

any information on the next bitcoin harforks?bcash and legacy? bitcoin is getting ready for wide market adoption with Price surge and many projects

As of right now, BCash (Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin ABC or however you want to call it) is pretty much stagnating into irrelevancy.

After this move, the big blockers will try to attack again with segwit2x in another attempt to get Core devs out and put other devs.

I suspect it will be a non event and miners will not follow the NYC agreement, but if they do, expect a big price crash, after that, BTC will recover, segwit2x will not happen, or it may happen and end up just like BCash.
rakeapps (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:22:12 PM

yes you are right but bitcoin cash and bcash are 2 differents Project bcash would be a new fork and legacy the bitcoin chain before segwit there would be several new bitcoin Blockchains.Which one would be the winning chain?people are holding bitcoin cash not dumping and it,s getting easier to mine miners are going to make more profit with bitcoin cash could there be a change from segwit bitcoin to bitcoin cash from the people and miners?
neurotypical

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:56:10 PM

yes you are right but bitcoin cash and bcash are 2 differents Project bcash would be a new fork and legacy the bitcoin chain before segwit there would be several new bitcoin Blockchains.Which one would be the winning chain?people are holding bitcoin cash not dumping and it,s getting easier to mine miners are going to make more profit with bitcoin cash could there be a change from segwit bitcoin to bitcoin cash from the people and miners?

Bitcoin Cash is the same as BCash, but the nutjobs on /r/btc became mad about some people talking about Bitcoin Cash in terms of BCash so someone else create an altcoin to steal that name so people can't no longer keep calling it BCash.

The winning chain will be the one that has the highest market price, because miners will be mining whatever is more valuable, in other words, the legacy chain. Segwit2x (if they are stupid enough to hardfork) will end up like BCash.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:10:23 PM

Bitcoin Cash is the same as BCash, but the nutjobs on /r/btc became mad about some people talking about Bitcoin Cash in terms of BCash so someone else create an altcoin to steal that name so people can't no longer keep calling it BCash.

The winning chain will be the one that has the highest market price, because miners will be mining whatever is more valuable, in other words, the legacy chain. Segwit2x (if they are stupid enough to hardfork) will end up like BCash.

Miners won't necessarily mine on the chain with the highest market price. The ratio of market price to hashing power is what matters. If one chain has significantly lower hashing power, then you might get more coins if you mine on that chain.
rakeapps (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:18:32 PM

what is the lightning network gonna bring to bitcoin?accumulate transactions without really scaling?just adjusting transactions.how does it prevent double spending ? if things are kept off the blockchain?
is bitcoin cash legacy and segwit2 does something similar ? maybe all bitcoin blockchain should be at the same price?
neurotypical

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:21:06 PM

Miners won't necessarily mine on the chain with the highest market price. The ratio of market price to hashing power is what matters. If one chain has significantly lower hashing power, then you might get more coins if you mine on that chain.

Sure, but you will get less valuable coins. You can speculate a bit if you want with your hashrate, but overall you are wasting your time, and it can end up really badly.

If we could get past the segwit2x nonsense, we could hit $10,000 by next year, but I suspect we are going to crash badly again, all thanks to Jeff Garzik and miners supporting the wrong software and the wrong roadmap. There's a fight for power and for the bitcoin brand and Jeff Garzik is now leading this fight, a guy that used to criticize people attempting to get ahold of the Bitcoin brand, is now doing it himself. His agenda has obviously changed and he is probably paid to do so.

I want to see Jeff Garzik explain to holders how his idea was good when the price crashes badly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: