Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:20:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk unusable on my device since the recent Javascript login Update  (Read 334 times)
Myki (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:20:06 PM

I used Bitcointalk alot on browsers without Javascript, however I noticed today that we are required to login on browsers with Javascript & things have  become difficult for me since.
Could you please use another method for verification that does not  require Javascript otherwise our batteries will drain fast considering  we spend a lot of time on the forum to increase our ranks and also research .
Secondly, my phone battery gets hot and drains alot quicker now.

Thanks for your attentions. Hope this is resolved soon
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:24:39 PM

What are you, an account farmer with an activity of 1, writing this?
The login captcha is annoying,  as it's caused my mobile browser to crash
several times, but I hadn't noticed the battery drain.  Maybe you need
a new phone (like me).

When the new forum software comes along........I'm sure this will all be solved.
6Asmodeus6

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:27:26 PM

I didn't get it.Javascript on login is for reCaptcha.I tried to solve a reCaptcha in Tor Browser ( which doesn't let you use JavaScript on default plugin settings ) and it gave me a code to copy-paste for solving the captcha.Since now the login page says it requires Java it's probably true.Solving a single captcha doesn't going to drain your battery or it won't do something while you are surfing the forum.
Myki (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:30:04 PM

What are you, an account farmer with an activity of 1, writing this?
The login captcha is annoying,  as it's caused my mobile browser to crash
several times, but I hadn't noticed the battery drain.  Maybe you need
a new phone (like me).

When the new forum software comes along........I'm sure this will all be solved.

Account farmer how for God sake? Please no need to be rude now
Myki (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:38:45 PM

I didn't get it.Javascript on login is for reCaptcha.I tried to solve a reCaptcha in Tor Browser ( which doesn't let you use JavaScript on default plugin settings ) and it gave me a code to copy-paste for solving the captcha.Since now the login page says it requires Java it's probably true.Solving a single captcha doesn't going to drain your battery or it won't do something while you are surfing the forum.

Yes dear. I use lite browsers when spending alot of time on a particular website usually  to make things easy for my phone. 
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:18:26 PM

Yes dear. I use lite browsers when spending alot of time on a particular website usually  to make things easy for my phone. 

Recently someone has taken to using 5000+ IPs to bypass rate-limits and try many passwords. Therefore, it is now required to solve a captcha when logging in. JavaScript is required for this. I know that several forum users like to use NoScript, but I am not aware of any high-quality (ie. not OCR-able) captcha services/libraries which don't require JavaScript. You can maybe enable JS just for the login page, and then disable it again afterward.

There are a few people who use automated bots which need to login. Contact me with a description of your bot, and if it seems reasonable, I will give you a key which will allow you to bypass the captcha.

Let me know if you see any bugs.

I guess you really need a phone and a browser that is using a Javascrypt. If you are thinking about your battery, you can charge your phone while using it, you said you are doing research. You said you are taking time to increase your ranks? Does that mean you have more accounts waiting to be ranked up? well that's clear.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:40:47 PM

I was having the same thing when logging in with other devices. since i have remember me in my own laptop i can login without entering the password but in other devices i can't login and sometimes no captcha popup thats why i can 't login in other devices and other browser like no javascript ..
Hope that there is other way to login without entering a captcha..
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:52:39 PM

I was having the same thing when logging in with other devices. since i have remember me in my own laptop i can login without entering the password but in other devices i can't login and sometimes no captcha popup thats why i can 't login in other devices and other browser like no javascript ..
Hope that there is other way to login without entering a captcha..

Even if you have a "Remember me" button on your laptop, with the new update, I don't think you will leading straight to log in because you still need to answer a captcha. I also do that on my computer but since the one that I am using right now is a family PC where all of my family members use it, you still need to anwer the captcha.

I think you will be having a hard time being active on the forum since you will be just using your laptop. If you have some difficulties, you can send a pm to theymos about it. His post said that he can give you some way to backdoor the captcha.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12968

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:54:32 AM

Even if you have a "Remember me" button on your laptop, with the new update, I don't think you will leading straight to log in because you still need to answer a captcha.

No, "remember me" isn't affected. You will only have to answer the captcha on occasions when you would've previously had to enter a username/password.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: