Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculators - at what price will you sell?  (Read 2041 times)
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:43:03 PM

5k will have a massive sell off but it won't be until 5100-5300 if it follows the previous huge moves in the past. I'll try to sell right at the top and hope for a huge correction just after I do!

Even with 5k a lot of speculators will even start coming in with the believe that for it to reach this level of 5k then its going higher which is what will continue to happen in the crypto world and I don't see that stopping anytime soon, The time to sell will be decided on an individual basis and most times based on needs because I don't think I will sell my entire portfolio when I really need just $100 dollars to meet my need at the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:11:22 PM

5k will have a massive sell off but it won't be until 5100-5300 if it follows the previous huge moves in the past. I'll try to sell right at the top and hope for a huge correction just after I do!

Even with 5k a lot of speculators will even start coming in with the believe that for it to reach this level of 5k then its going higher which is what will continue to happen in the crypto world and I don't see that stopping anytime soon, The time to sell will be decided on an individual basis and most times based on needs because I don't think I will sell my entire portfolio when I really need just $100 dollars to meet my need at the moment.
Remember the target created by the faith and the hope of trader on market, after breakout resistance line at $3,000 (the target of Bitcoin in early this year), I can't believe the price of Bitcoin can continue pass many resistance price until today, so everything is possible happening Grin
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:37:52 PM

Remember the target created by the faith and the hope of trader on market, after breakout resistance line at $3,000 (the target of Bitcoin in early this year), I can't believe the price of Bitcoin can continue pass many resistance price until today, so everything is possible happening Grin

Exactly and that is why the speculators which is everyone of us will still want the price to continue rising and the bold wont even wait till it gets to $5000. The moment it reaches say $4800+, the next category of threads you see here will be "Bitcoin to the moon, $6000 is happening soon". In short, we are all ruled by our greed and nothing else. Someone who bought at $1000 wont still sell  at $5000 because of the guilt if it increases to $7000.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:51:28 PM

This is a question for speculators, not hodlers.
Hodlers never sell!!!

Speculators - what is your selling price? When will you take profits in this price spike, if you haven't already?

I think the price is rising much faster than many think, and will easily be over 5k by Friday.
My guess is 8k is the peak, before a significant correction (perhaps taking it down as far as 2k, based on past volatility).
So by that reasoning, and given the severe volatility likely at the peak, I reckon sell at 6k in this price spike.

What do others think?

8k peak price seems very unreachable as of now even it would spike hitting up that price seems impossible as of these days.My selling point would be on 4500 and max on 4800 and if the price would hit up those boundaries i will surely sell and secure profits and buy again on cheaper prices later on.If this kind of rally would still continue maybe hitting 5k up would really be possible.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:25:53 PM

At present the price is unstoppable and it will further going to rise. So atleast for a year selling is not recommendable.  Infact you should invest in btc and other altcoins to get some good gains in coming months. BTC will be crossing 5k in coming month and thus a new high again will be created and crossing 5K will be a huge landmark for bitcoin. You can take some profit out at 5k if you feel price may go down.

tavogi.com

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:06:39 PM

Joe Kennedy got out of the market when he got a stock tip from a shoe shine boy. That's one way to tell when a market is at a peak - when people who normally don't invest and who don't know what they're talking about get excited. There were signs of that during the crypto boom earlier this year but it doesn't feel like we're there yet this cycle. It's actually the opposite - right now there's still negativity about things like the SEC ICO report and that goofy article from Forbes yesterday.
w0lverine

Activity: 44
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:59:50 PM

I am a little bit more long term on btc. I already recuperated my initial investment so I think that anywhere around 500k-800k I will start selling some.
I know it sound outrageous now but I do believe in the potential.

A free world that we are in control of. In the Bitcoin space since 2013.
-
bc1qjm0kpgleed7q2pjv9f4l4xs6vn86lkyqplhsl9
-
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:02:48 PM

Nothing is impossible with the price of bitcoin to soar up high and to those who doesn't believe on bitcoin previously and heard the progress that bitcoin brought to my life since from the start of the price to show progress; my friends who are close to me gained interest to join bitcoin and participate in the campaign like this and planned to invest. So if I hold an amount I must wait for another price with a good amount may at around to reach at $5K, I will be glad to see that price became a reality just like of $4k now already happening.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Anfisman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:15:45 PM

For now maybe I will wait and see bitcoin price after the segwit is complete. Because many speculate that bitcoin prices will rise dramatically after it completed. So I will be a little patient and wait for moments that are only a few days away. Although no one can be sure, I will bet on it.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

Yeah me too I agree to $5000 target, I was assume that before end of this year 2017 bitcoin price was continuously increasing. Also seems bitcoin performance was good and interested, maybe we need to trust in bitcoin ability to get our target amount.
LavaJack

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:26:10 AM

This question should be rephrased. Price means nothing in a vacuum. The clear answer, however, is to sell BTC when the price substantially exceeds its future forseeable value. At this point, the foreseeable future value has few limitations. You could cite government crackdowns on cryptocurrency. If that does occur, might that not have a reverse effect to the price and value of cryptocurrency? Lack of availability is a great bullish driver of price, see the history of DeBeers diamonds for a case study of supply restrictions.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:23:29 AM

Yeah me too I agree to $5000 target, I was assume that before end of this year 2017 bitcoin price was continuously increasing. Also seems bitcoin performance was good and interested, maybe we need to trust in bitcoin ability to get our target amount.
I think you don't need to trust bitcoin because bitcoin is trusted people only making money if the price increase they are wrong in their prediction and mostly they are selling bitcoin below the price of the bitcoin that is why they are not making any profit
They are wrong in speculation and they are just following the trends if there is panic sell and the price is decreasing when you buy bitcoins with high price if you don't have a patience expect that you will be lose if you sell your bitcoin so better to be patience when you are holding in bitcoin instead buy more bitcoins if you  seen the price is getting low you can make more advantage to make more profit if you buy bitcoin in cheap price because the price of bitcoin can be increase more soon.. 
So for me if i buy bitcoins cheap and the price is high i can sell but not all my bitcoin only the few percentage of my bitcoin holdings that i need to sell just to getting the benefits of the price increase and sell bitcoin again just few percentage of your bitcoin so that you can be still sell if the price of bitcoin continues to increase..  just don't sell it all because there are times that you can just wasting opportunity because the price can be continues to increase...
ravenjt (OP)

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:35:16 PM

It seems like a lot of people might take some profit at 5,000. As we are currently around 4,500, that could be very soon if the price keeps on rising.
But I doubt there will be a lot of people taking money out of the system at that point. I mean people actually withdrawing funds from exchanges, in dollars.
If they simply keep the money in the account, ready for trading, any correction after 5,000 is likely to be only temporary.
But once the price gets to a level that is really making some people rich, then there could be some real profit taking, and then the potential for a more serious correction.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:02:25 PM

I don't know i am just trying to collect as much as bitcoin as i can and not thinking about when will i sell it. When i see the value of amount of bitcoins i hold i feel greedy and try to sell all and enjoy my life but i control myself and still waiting for the best and perfect opportunity to sell my bitcoin
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:09:00 PM

I think that a low price will only be until the end of this week. Then starts the constant growth with minor setbacks and by the end of next week we will see a start. Stop will be more than $ 5,000, and then there will be a slight decline, and the relative stability until the next panic in November.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:57:15 PM

I don't know i am just trying to collect as much as bitcoin as i can and not thinking about when will i sell it. When i see the value of amount of bitcoins i hold i feel greedy and try to sell all and enjoy my life but i control myself and still waiting for the best and perfect opportunity to sell my bitcoin

Nice one. Collection of bitcoin and saving it for longer is best thing to became rich with bitcoin. My opinion is just till the value reach 1 Btc. If it happens means,I will sell when the price of bitcoin reaches maximum at that time.If you try like this, you will became a millionaire or billionaire.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ALT67890

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:54:18 PM

It depends actually on what level the tolerance of one person and when will the pressure of price might affect his/her decisions to sell. It is unique to any of us, and I honestly say my tolerance is 4400$ and have sold mine for I can't handle too much pressure at that time. I know more will agree on my opinion.
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:56:19 PM

Haha, I have a brother like you and he has sold all his Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin still around $1300/BTC just for buy real estate. He skipped my warning about in next time Bitcoin can breakout and go the moon in this year, final he regrets his decision Tongue
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

Haha, I have a brother like you and he has sold all his Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin still around $1300/BTC just for buy real estate. He skipped my warning about in next time Bitcoin can breakout and go the moon in this year, final he regrets his decision Tongue
If he had held the coins without cashing out now he could have made around 3 times the value as profit. Looking the current price I feel it's not that bad as the price stays above $4000. If there is no urgency in cashing out then try to keep hold until the end of the year.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:35:56 PM

I will sell when I can buy a house with one bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: