Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin as a share?  (Read 303 times)
Two4D2 (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

Hey, I have very interesting idea for a company that would offer certain products with some in product benefits for the coin...I cant tell too much for now, I would like to ask if I can create a coin and offer it as a share in the company? Thats because I dont have enough money to start the company, pay the coders and everything to begin with, so I was thinking of going this way...Let me know what you think Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:03:02 PM

This is excatly what lots of campanies do.
ICO - Initial Coin Offering. Every coin is like a share and coin holders are shareholders. In this way crowdfunding is done via cryptocurrencies.
Two4D2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:07:59 PM

This is excatly what lots of campanies do.
ICO - Initial Coin Offering. Every coin is like a share and coin holders are shareholders. In this way crowdfunding is done via cryptocurrencies.

Thats what I was looking at few days ago, but want really sure if it works the same way... I was really confused as some coins use certain % for developement, some % of coins for mining, some % for that, etc...
tavogi.com

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:37:55 PM

If you made a coin a share in a company it would classify it as a security, which you don't want to do especially if you're in the US. What you have to do is give the coin some use within the context of the product you're building rather than make it an equity share. This is a good starting point if you want to learn more:

https://www.coinbase.com/legal/securities-law-framework.pdf
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:42:12 PM

Great to see interesting start up. Are you planning to pay dividends for the token holders? You can refer to the eth network to pay out dividend to the wallets that hold your tokens.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:56:39 PM

Hey, I have very interesting idea for a company that would offer certain products with some in product benefits for the coin...I cant tell too much for now, I would like to ask if I can create a coin and offer it as a share in the company? Thats because I dont have enough money to start the company, pay the coders and everything to begin with, so I was thinking of going this way...Let me know what you think Smiley

If you have a really good product, people here will invest on your ICO. But if you have the same thing running around here in the forum, there is already too many ICO's running. Be sure you have a good product or you will just be adding to an already crowded market.
llordic

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:07:04 PM

I believe we'll see this kind of share/dividend deals a lot in the near future.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:23:52 PM

That is basically the purpose of most icos it should be the purpose of every cryptocurrency out there. Bitcoin, Litecoin and a few of the beginning coins, should be the only digital currencies that are out there for this year purpose of being a digital currency. 
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:26:56 PM

That is basically the purpose of most icos it should be the purpose of every cryptocurrency out there. Bitcoin, Litecoin and a few of the beginning coins, should be the only digital currencies that are out there for this year purpose of being a digital currency. 

Every coin after that should represent a business and should represent a portion of that business because the digital currency Market has already been covered.
llordic

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:39:53 PM

Every coin after that should represent a business and should represent a portion of that business because the digital currency Market has already been covered.

We also need reserve currencies like BTC, LTC...
Two4D2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

Thank you very much for the answers Smiley Will have to read a lot on this topic as I dont understand many terms...Is there any guide on all this, I have been checking ANN threads, and I constantly see airdrop, bounty, etc...dont know what any of that means Smiley
Basaleyi

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

First you need unique idea not implemented before , preferred if owned standalone blockchain also not based on ETH\wave after that search for a good coders but idea is the first thing which need lot of time .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: