Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest in BTC and what else?  (Read 915 times)
bruffin1 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:55:42 AM

Hey I'm new here, I got some BTC, but i'm considering LTC or NMC based on Gox's tickers. What do you guys think is the best bet longterm. LTC looks good because of its obvious support, but NMC is on the ticker too and seems below the radar. Advice welcome.
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 04:57:36 AM

I think LTC has a good future.
Torn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:16:07 AM

Yes.. seems to me that BTC will be the gold where LTC will be the silver. We can hope and dream! Smiley
T.

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:19:24 AM

Yes.. seems to me that BTC will be the gold where LTC will be the silver. We can hope and dream! Smiley
T.

BTC and LTC only, other coins are joke.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:31:03 AM

Hey I'm new here, I got some BTC, but i'm considering LTC or NMC based on Gox's tickers. What do you guys think is the best bet longterm. LTC looks good because of its obvious support, but NMC is on the ticker too and seems below the radar. Advice welcome.

You are looking at it wrong.

You say you have some BTC, do you also hold dollars?

If you hold dollars...why?

Do not treat BTC as an investment. Treat it like your new currency. Think of it like moving to another country. You may still have some bills back in the states using dollars but the rest you should turn into the local currency. Start figuring out ways of spending your new money for things you used to spend with dollars.

With BitSpend you can use bitcoins for anything on the Internet.
With Gyft you can spend money in at most major retailers.
With bitcoinbillpay you can pay most of your bills.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 05:53:05 AM

Elwar,

I would never recommend investing your life savings in something as volatile as Bitcoins. You may fall asleep and wake up penniless unfortunately. Maybe in the future when we don't have bubble after bubble Wink

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:53:43 AM

I think you should invest in BTC & LTC & GLDCoins, splitting it up well. However, the market could have an interesting reaction once enough Asics come online making GPU mining useless.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:54:37 AM

Elwar,

I would never recommend investing your life savings in something as volatile as Bitcoins. You may fall asleep and wake up penniless unfortunately. Maybe in the future when we don't have bubble after bubble Wink

I agree with Jozzaboy. You can invest some money but only what you can afford to lose. If you wouldn't gamble with that money, don't invest with it. Be careful, and if you want to put your life savings in it, wait until the price has become much more stable!
mcpherson

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:01:32 AM

bitbar!
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:22:22 AM

If you're going long term it may make sense to invest in BTC companies as well. Like at btct.co Cool

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Jace

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:51:39 AM

Elwar,

Yes, but what's the alternative. Investing it in Dollars? Considering what the government, banks, and FED are doing, investing in Dollars seems a sure way to lose my wealth in the long run.

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
varactor

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:56:15 AM

I'd recommend getting at least a little silver, maybe a months salary worth just to keep.  Right now silver is dirt cheap and a good buy, it is also more rare than gold!  So the long term prospects of silver skyrocketing are very good.  Also if shit hits the fan, you have something tangible at least to see you through.
CryptoBomb

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:14:27 AM

Grab some LTC. There's a lot of people holding them pre-empting Gox taking them on.

Also, WDC and YAC seem very popular right now.
focusforever

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:16:11 AM

ltc is best investigaion, You get a lot of benefit in near future
nar9000

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:56:19 AM

Invest in stocks, funds and/or bonds.  Is the future: btct.co

I hope someone enjoys my post 3 more and I can PM someone....
ScrapOfCat

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:59:53 AM

paper money, metal money, bitcoins, guns/ammo/food

banks fail, use paper
paper fails, use metal
metal is worthless, use bitcoins
no one will take the first three, guard the food with the guns.

Squander electricity on piffle: 1CLQajy22Z2n9YjZurFfPaKApcqsQa8BzK
bruffin1 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:36:57 PM

thanks for your thoughts everyone. Don't worry i'm only investing what I can afford to loose, but also I'm hoping that Bitcoin is here to stay and will take over, as our banking system is clearly fooked and we are being taken to the cleaners by the buggers in charge. I have to be honest though, in the short term if I can make some money I will, but I will always keep hold of some BTC whatever happens.
Madazam

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:23:52 PM

Terracoin keeps goinf up and down as haywire difficulty..i think BTC is the way for now ...
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:25:53 PM

T.

BTC and LTC only, other coins are joke.

+1 I would recommend ltc and btc.
p_wetsteijn

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

+1 me 2 LTC and BTC for the win!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: