Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:59:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Market Cap has now exceeded that of Paypal  (Read 637 times)
zycrypto (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

ZyCrypto:Cryptocurrency Daily News /Coins Analysis

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 08:14:14 PM

Bitcoin has being doing marvelously well this days,  the Cryptocurrency broke into an all time high of $4000 for the very first time.

And  just after a tweet by udi went viral on twitter, bitcoin market cap has now also exceeded paypal`s market cap with bitcoin current market cap at  $70,983,116,965 as seen on coinmarketcap.

Continue Reading => https://zycrypto.com/bitcoin-finally-slaps-paypal/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:37:57 PM

I actually can't believe PayPal only has a $70,000,000,000 market cap.

Think about how many companies/corporations use it and it isn't even worth 1 trillion? I actually thought it would be.
cryptotimo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:51:49 PM

The next few weeks will be really interesting, the bitcoin cap doubled in the last 4 weeks with recent daily volumes above 2.5 billion USD.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:57:24 PM

This is something to behold, it wasn't long ago when the community would have been hoping for Paypal to integrate bitcoin as a payment option, to see bitcoin now overtaking them is quite funny.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:04:17 PM

Think about how many companies/corporations use it and it isn't even worth 1 trillion? I actually thought it would be.

Believe that. PayPal market cap is now 70.86B and Bitcoin marketcap has exceeded that.  See the link below

https://ycharts.com/companies/PYPL/market_cap
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:12:31 PM

This is something to behold, it wasn't long ago when the community would have been hoping for Paypal to integrate bitcoin as a payment option, to see bitcoin now overtaking them is quite funny.

Yeah time does amazing things, i remember people were getting pumped when PayPal launched the Braintree project but it failed epicly, PayPal and bitcoin are like fire and water, they can't coexist, just 20 billion more and we will leave Bill gates behind, it can happen in the next 4 months, fingers crossed. OP thanks for sharing.
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 09:26:25 PM

I'm equally as surprised as others that PP doesn't have a higher market cap.

At this rate, and still being low on the s-curve of mass adoption, we might see some reallllllly crazy numbers before the end of the year nevermind 3-5years from now.

Quite ironic that we all used to hope for PP integration (I mean it would still be great, and will probably happen downstream) and now we've dusted them and the margin will get greater every day.

U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:53:02 PM

Wow, and people say bitcoins can't be used anywhere hahaha. What a joke! They're worth more than the leading online payment processor. Take that Elon Musk!
leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:00:26 PM

As this is a very good sign for us bitcoin users that bitcoin's growth is at its finest. Take note that Paypal is founded in year 1998, 19 years from now and Bitcoin only founded on 2008ish so if you take a closer look Paypal is more than double in terms of years founded, the future of bitcoin is bright as we see it today expect more to come just imagine when bitcoin reaches its 10 years anniversary maybe its value will reach $10,000 per bitcoin or more.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:02:07 PM

Wow, and people say bitcoins can't be used anywhere hahaha. What a joke! They're worth more than the leading online payment processor. Take that Elon Musk!

I am big fan of elon musk, i truly appreciate the work he does for humanity, i know he was the ceo of PayPal for a while but he moved on i think, but did he actually say that about bitcoin? If he did! This is the perfect response, Nothing better than the numbers speaking for themselves. I hope he sees the true potential in bitcoin sooner or later. Crypto is the future.

Also a funny story, i actually use bitcoins to pay for many things and it's cheaper and more secure than the supposed best payment processor in the world, which isn't even available worldwide for the users.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

Good, PayPal is the WORST when it comes to protecting its users from Scammers, Chargebacks and Fraud.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 12:13:35 AM

Nice to see it! I remember threads on bitcointalk where people been asking "will bitcoin overcome PayPal". And finally, it happened. I'm not PayPal hater, but I'm happy to see that bitcoin market cap is bigger than most popular payment proccessor worldwide.
Good, PayPal is the WORST when it comes to protecting its users from Scammers, Chargebacks and Fraud.
I don't think so. PayPal chargebacks helped me to not be scammed by fraud sellers. Why do you think it's worst in this sphere?

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:21:30 AM

Bitcoin has being doing marvelously well this days,  the Cryptocurrency broke into an all time high of $4000 for the very first time.

And  just after a tweet by udi went viral on twitter, bitcoin market cap has now also exceeded paypal`s market cap with bitcoin current market cap at  $70,983,116,965 as seen on coinmarketcap.

Well this is exactly what happens with a disruptive technology that is backed by all of the community.

And if you held your bitcoin cash after fork you would actually be looking at a market cap of close to 100 billion dollars combined. Though of course, bitcoin cash should be considered an altcoin in my opinion and i know that most people have dumped their BCC.

The thing with paypal is that there is nothing special. It could get shut down by government any time, your account can get suspended, chargebacks are frequent. All this is avoided by using bitcoin, and more people are realizing that using paypal online = suicide.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:36:00 AM

But as a buyer, I like Paypal because they will give a protection to our funds. I never really sell any products using PayPal but only sold some bitcoins for PayPal to trusted members on this forum and so far no issues. If people follow their terms I think they are good because I'm using them for more than 10 years and never had any issues.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:16:14 AM

This is just the beginning of the revolution of bitcoin over the other online payments. People are now taking action for bitcoin and they are now moving from paypal to bitcoin because they realized that it is better to stock up some money in bitcoin that has a possibility to grow their money rather than in paypal that is useless to put our money.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:25:12 AM

In my opinion I think that's because only those people who have above average can afford paypal, I even barely seen people using paypal here. People seen something to bitcoin that no present legit worldwide transaction can offer that's why some easily embraced the blockchain technology and paypal dont have the versatility that bitcoin can offer like worlds reserve and investment that's why bitcoin surpassed some milestone in a mere 9 years.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:33:24 AM

That is great news bitcoins will replace Paypal as online payment soon, however bitcoins is more good, simple easy to be used than Paypal, we don't need do anything when use bitcoins wallet but when we use Paypal we must do verification identity with slow respond from support of Paypal and many more term of service must be followed by us.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:34:58 AM

And  just after a tweet by udi went viral on twitter, bitcoin market cap has now also exceeded paypal`s market cap with bitcoin current market cap at  $70,983,116,965 as seen on coinmarketcap.

While there is no doubt that bitcoin has done extremely well and it's continuing to do well, it's stellar performance will continue I feel. Now coming to paypal, I feel over the years paypal has been bad it just way to much regulations and this year it closed accounts of clicksense and neobux the king and the Queen of paid to click sites, and I believe that this users worldwide would be at least 15 - 20% of paypal users. Now these users had no where to go but Bitcoin and this has also played a huge impact on the market cap of Bitcoin increasing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: