Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:57:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp starts trading ETH on August 17  (Read 547 times)
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:34:03 PM

I've looked up for ETH threads about this but I couldn't find any, hence this topic.

Bitstamp has announced that they will start trading ETH in 3 days:

Ethereum update

Speaking of trading pairs, we are also happy to confirm that our preparations for launching Ethereum are in their final stages. As of Thursday, 17 August, Ethereum will be available for trading with USD, EUR and BTC. But that’s not all – to get things off to the best possible start, Ethereum trading fees will be heavily discounted until 1 January 2018 as follows:

(... rates ... see their announcement for details)

Generally, new pairs arriving on major exchange see a price increase due to the increased volume and market potential.

Do you think the market has already anticipated the new trading platform?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:27:37 PM

it didn't do very much for litecoin, but litecoin has always been the quiet man.

i guess there must be many deep pockets on bitstamp, but there are many deep pockets in places where ethereum's been for months and years. i don't anticipate a price explosion myself.
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:32:52 PM

Thanks for info.

I switched half of BTC to ETH because of Bitstamp.

For now ETH/USD is frozen on 300$ mark more likely it will continue  bull run.

ETH/BTC is in correction due to BTC increase.
Hopefully Bitstamp with it huge volume can push ETH higher.

Also market was not reacted to Microsoft CoCo launch and Plasma.io announcment.
And new members joined to EEA alliances.

Silence before the moon..
All signs point to it.
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:33:08 PM

For me, it's a convenience since I can do SEPA deposits in the evening and get them on my account about 12 hours later. There is zero fee on my deposits and that would not be the case for other exchanges. Until now I had to go through BTC/LTC and move it to Kraken or Bittrex, but with native ETH trading on Stamp, things will be much easier.

Now that would confirm your theory (i.e. I was already buying at another exchange), but I would be more inclined to by ETH alongside BTC with this method more often than before.
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:55:10 PM

Thanks for info.

All signs point to it.

Same here, moved some BTC into ETH, hoping for a BTC retreat. ETH (and LTC) are undervalued now considering the relevant future updates, for sure they will grow in USD.
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:45:33 PM

Thanks for info.

All signs point to it.

Same here, moved some BTC into ETH, hoping for a BTC retreat. ETH (and LTC) are undervalued now considering the relevant future updates, for sure they will grow in USD.
I'm all in the ethereum form, i just want to see the ethereum will have made the comeback to anticipate the increase price of bitcoin in 17 august.

OP thanks for yor information, glad to see the more major Exchange site try to add ethereum

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:48:15 PM

Well, I'm glad to share the news with the forum, and quite surprised actually that Bitstamp didn't bother to announce it here (apparently).

As for the price, I agree with the fact that ETH (and possibly XRP as many other alts) are oversold right now for... Bitcoin, which seems a bit overbought right now. However I wouldn't dare to short BTC myself even at the current price.  Wink
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:50:45 PM

I've looked up for ETH threads about this but I couldn't find any, hence this topic.

Ethereum update

Speaking of trading pairs, we are also happy to confirm that our preparations for launching Ethereum are in their final stages. As of Thursday, 17 August, Ethereum will be available for trading with USD, EUR and BTC. But that’s not all – to get things off to the best possible start, Ethereum trading fees will be heavily discounted until 1 January 2018 as follows:

Generally, new pairs arriving on major exchange see a price increase due to the increased volume and market potential.

I don't think this will make any difference. ETH is an old coin with a lot of usage.
I will be surprised if Bitstamp bite more than 7-9% or the total daily trade on BTC/ETH and still this will not make any difference in the price.
If ETH goes up, this will be to chase some of the BTH ATH price, not because of Bitstamp.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:53:04 PM

Thanks for info.

All signs point to it.

not a great deal will happen because of bitstamp. it's already spread everywhere else. it'll be a little string to its bow but nothing much else. you shouldn't be betting on just that one thing.
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:16:17 AM

not a great deal will happen because of bitstamp. it's already spread everywhere else. it'll be a little string to its bow but nothing much else. you shouldn't be betting on just that one thing.

Bitcoin volumes on Bitstamp are about 1/2 the volumes of Bitfinex, so while it might not be a huge deal, it's still some kind of a deal Cheesy
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:53:05 PM

Ethereum update

ETH is on so many exchanges that one more will not do much. Yes ofcourse it is positive but nothing crucial.
ETHs biggest problem to solve is huge blockchain, not add to more markets.
dennyd999

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:08:37 PM

For me, it's a convenience since I can do SEPA deposits in the evening and get them on my account about 12 hours later. There is zero fee on my deposits and that would not be the case for other exchanges. Until now I had to go through BTC/LTC and move it to Kraken or Bittrex, but with native ETH trading on Stamp, things will be much easier.

Now that would confirm your theory (i.e. I was already buying at another exchange), but I would be more inclined to by ETH alongside BTC with this method more often than before.

If you do SEPA deposits I can advive Kraken instead of others. And here is way:
1. open a bank account in Fidor Bank Germany which is easy with online passport verification
2. After security of Kraken will enables your account you will able to withdraw or depositing in a matter of minutes

Because Kraken have an account in the same Fidor Bank.

Also you do not pay transaction costs.

But the best in all this that depositing or withdrawing fiat is very fast. Usually within minutes.

Sorry for oftop.
dennyd999

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:15:26 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 01:32:58 PM by dennyd999

Thanks for info.

All signs point to it.

Maybe you are right,but let hope for something.

The decision obviously was not right,but i am in a bulltrap right now and can move back my BTC only with losses. So I need to wait now till it recovery at least to 0.089 Sad
I hoped that new members,Microsoft Coco and announcment of Bitstamp and Plasma.io will push the price at least to 0.1
Also ETH was showing technicaly Bulls trend,but now all stopped and eth/btc in trap.
The falling down from 0.083 to 0.066 with slight recovery was in a matter of 15 minutes...Smiley

This is my worstes buy in this 2 weeks. But I saw tremendous support at 0.07 mrk and according how fiat price now follow BTC price correction it gives me hopes that ETH will not fall more. Only rise from 0.07

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:21:54 PM

Thank you for the information. I think this is good news for ethereum. However, some people think that this news will raise the price of ethereum. This long term is unlikely, because I have not seen a coin enter a different stock market and raise its price less it is a small coin. Do not expect much, but everything can happen!
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:46:51 PM

Only a few hours left before trading goes live and the price is back above $300 already.

I agree that nothing major is likely to happen on the market just because ETH starts trading on Bitstamp, but again the coins that are going on that market must come from somewhere else. It is also likely that Bitstamp users would prefer using ETH as a deposit/withdrawal medium when the mempool is huge like right now, to avoid delays and/or ridiculously high fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: