FUCK YES - 12 (8.9%)
ULTRA RICH M*THERF*CKER - 13 (9.6%)
soon - 54 (40%)
no - 31 (23%)
never - 4 (3%)
Total Voters: 135

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we already rich, gentleman?  (Read 8067 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:08:58 AM

I definitely richer than before I knew bitcoin , but still not too rich, because I tends to spend my coin, when the price a bit high I sold my coin, I never though that bitcoin can be this high,  but now I am determined to save and to become rich with bitcoin
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:16:12 PM

Where are the gentleman from the good ol' days
[/quote
We have not really become rich, have not become gentlemen. Which criteria for wealth, based on the level of income and our comfortable life. Or based on the amount of bitcoin you are reserving.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:02:41 PM

Maybe some people have already benefited greatly from bitcoin, but I'm not rich of bitcoin, maybe because I'm late to know bitcoin so when I buy the price is already high.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:54:14 AM

Gentleman from the good ol' days don't frequent that much in the forum because they are already rich as hell. Or maybe they are just lurking around the corner as laughing at us because those early adopters are really here for the long haul and they see people panicking and selling their bitcoin for every major crash that they have seen. As for me, I'm not rich as well, but I'm here for the long haul because I want to accumulate bitcoin in the next years or so to be called rich by those members you are just joining in the future. A lot of room for us to really grow our bitcoin.

I also believe in bitcoin and that he will help us become rich. I think we got a great chance to become rich. And very soon our welfare will increase.
I'm not as rich as I like, but I collect coins, and this is the key to wealth

The gentleman from the good ol' days must be playing golf now, or riding their horses or ferrari. They're probably hopping from one country to another, riding their own yacht or private jet. I'm not rich as well, but I intend to invest for long term so I've been storing the bitcoins that I earn. I don't aspire for a luxurious life, and I just have a simple lifestyle. It would be enough for me to be just financially secure, because I don't need race cars and private jets to feel successful or happy. I just want a comfortable life.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:41:26 AM

Not yet, i can only tell that i im rich, when the time that i can buy a house,  a many cars, and when the time that i dont even have a problem interms of financial. And i'm hopping that someday it will happen to me.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:21:59 AM

Users who have invested into bitcoin or the one who have been holding certain volume of bitcoin can have a confirmation that they are rich. Need to make the wallet enabled with high security features. Hope the trust will help users be rich in the future days as the growth keeps continuing.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4186

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:31:16 AM

Guys, I'm seeing people use the word "gentleman" in a funny/symbolic way, similarly to "hodl"...

What's the story behind "gentleman" and who coined it?

Just curious...

And, to answer the OT Q... I'm not yet rich, but hoping to be, when BTC reaches 6 digits. My current stash of BTC is in the low double digit mark.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:36:01 AM

Maybe some people have already benefited greatly from bitcoin, but I'm not rich of bitcoin, maybe because I'm late to know bitcoin so when I buy the price is already high.

Well I think majority of them have got some extra money definitely from bitcoin. After people knowing bitcoin and had they bought it and sold little later they would have made money if price rose during that period. Yes rich to say would differ from person to person because for some billionaire means becoming rich and for some if they have anything extra than before means they are rich in their personal life.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5042

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:51:18 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 01:02:04 PM by Torque

Guys, I'm seeing people use the word "gentleman" in a funny/symbolic way, similarly to "hodl"...

What's the story behind "gentleman" and who coined it?

Just curious...

I believe someone had posted "This is it gentlemen!" but accidentally had left out the word "it" in the sentence. No one knows if the person was drunk or had just mis-typed. But it stuck and became a meme, like hodl.

Usually now seen written as "This is gentlemen". Like a spirit tribe, or way of being.

It is sometime just shortened to "gentlemen".

First "This is gentlemen" post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2m1brp/this_is_gentlemen/

Urban dictionary entry: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=This%20is%20gentlemen
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:58:40 PM

Well I think majority of them have got some extra money definitely from bitcoin. After people knowing bitcoin and had they bought it and sold little later they would have made money if price rose during that period. Yes rich to say would differ from person to person because for some billionaire means becoming rich and for some if they have anything extra than before means they are rich in their personal life.

Let's congratulate everybody in this thread here, I am considering one's selves that were rich because bitcoin opportunity is a blessing to all of us here and no matter what happens digital currency is somewhat like a strings attached to us. It's more like a regular job for me and considered as sustainable source of income in the world of currency. That riches I am pertaining to includes the better knowledge that we have as a worker of digital currency, which also take part of the trading strategies that can develop better knowledge that can help you success with your trading decisions.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:19:23 PM

I believe someone had posted "This is it gentlemen!" but accidentally had left out the word "it" in the sentence. No one knows if the person was drunk or had just mis-typed. But it stuck and became a meme, like hodl.

Usually now seen written as "This is gentlemen". Like a spirit tribe, or way of being.

First "This is gentlemen" post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2m1brp/this_is_gentlemen/

Urban dictionary entry: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=This%20is%20gentlemen

Many thanks Torque, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Very nice. LOL! Bitcoin has coined (pun intended) lots of nice expressions and stuff... With HoDL being the best by far.
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647
Merit: 500

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:27:07 PM

I voted for soon. I'm not rich yet, my lifestyle haven't changed. Sure, Bitcoin boost my financial position but being rich is a very different level.
I know a lot of clever people got rich already, if I had enough capital in the beginning of the year I could've been one of them. But no complain, I'm waiting my time. Bitcoin will eventually make every one of us rich, I believe it.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:02:12 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 03:12:50 PM by Rahar02

Not yet. You'll need like 20-30 Bitcoin for that in my view, and there is not many people that have so many.

I am not one of them at least lol. We'll keep waiting until it gets 10 times higher.

Obviously, we need more than BTC50 according to current price I guess.
50 * $4300 = only $215,000 not enough to stated as rich.
Bitcoin isn't a fast way to become rich, as current price is expensive, except
If you can make BTC10 per month, then you can be rich in 5 years later.
Which is impossible for layman without any skill and don't have big capital,
But, at least you can make enough money to cover daily expenses through invest on cryptocurrencies.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:10:39 PM

Not yet. You'll need like 20-30 Bitcoin for that in my view, and there is not many people that have so many.

I am not one of them at least lol. We'll keep waiting until it gets 10 times higher.

If you can make 10btc a month you are rich now - that's $500,000 a year.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:24:03 PM

Bitcoin isn't a fast way to become rich, as current price is expensive, except
Which is impossible for layman without any skill and don't have big capital,
But, at least you can make enough money to cover daily expenses through invest on cryptocurrencies.
investment will do mate just knowing what investment type would be the most like crypto trading a lots of early birds already become rich because of this advantage knowing how the market works and how the movement being anticipated, time will come for all of us guys just keep aiming and do what is best
for all us to earn more bitcoin.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3880

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:58:03 PM

Many thanks Torque, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Very nice. LOL! Bitcoin has coined (pun intended) lots of nice expressions and stuff... With HoDL being the best by far.

there is also bitcoRn (some professor misspelling) or professor bitcorn, LOL

RE OP, what $ number or btc number is being rich?
An average american thinks that rich is about $5.4 mil.
I doubt that many here have that much (above 1200 btc), unless they started in 2011-early 2013.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:07:48 PM

If you can make 10btc a month you are rich now - that's $500,000 a year.

This is only possible for whales, and thus completely unachievable for the far majority of the people here. I make on average 5-10% per month from trading, which isn't the highest possible profit, but at least a great number for me. If I had a trading balance of like 100 BTC, I would be coming very close to the 10 BTC monthly profit margin. Reality however is that I trade with around 3 BTC at most, so I am not anywhere near that 10 BTC.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:13:31 PM

Those gentlemen would be foolish to come here and proclaim how wealthy
they are.  Anyone would.  Who knows who might be lurking on this forum,
waiting for such intel.  IRS, hackers, thieves of all sort.  I hereby declare that
I am living in penury, with no more than a few satoshis to my name.  And
that isn't far from the truth.   Plus I think a lot of the people who got rich from
the early days don't post here anymore.   However,  there certainly are a number
who've gotten rich in the last year alone.

I'm liking this comment like a thousand times
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:30:24 PM

there is also bitcoRn (some professor misspelling) or professor bitcorn, LOL
LOL, never heard of these.

But "this is gentlemen" has something that really makes me want to REALLY laugh, if you know what I mean...  Grin
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:22:46 PM

Obviously not but I think there is a possibility we are already rich by holding our bitcoin is just that we do not know yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: