Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Bitcoin affect other Crypto?  (Read 4286 times)
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:13:44 PM

I have recently been into altcoin trading. I just want to know, does the price of bitcoin affect the price of other cryptocurrencies as well? How? I really want to know. I have noticed that ever since the bitcoin price pumped up and reached 4,000 USD, the price of the altcoins had gone really really low. I almost lost my invesment due to this sudden drop. Does bitcoin price have something to do with this?
if I think btc affects the price of altcoins that are popular and owned by many people, if for altcoins that have just been released and especially less popular coins I think the price of btc only has little or no effect, because enthusiasts on popular coins will remain small if btc prices go up so people will prefer to invest in btc than in the altcoin, so I think Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bdsharminsoltana

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:43:18 AM

BTC has great impact on altcoins prices because it is still the most recognized and believed cryptocurrency. So when BTC price raises people sell their altcoins and buy btc.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:13:20 AM

I have recently been into altcoin trading. I just want to know, does the price of bitcoin affect the price of other cryptocurrencies as well? How? I really want to know. I have noticed that ever since the bitcoin price pumped up and reached 4,000 USD, the price of the altcoins had gone really really low. I almost lost my invesment due to this sudden drop. Does bitcoin price have something to do with this?

If you look at the last 3-4 months, the price of alts shot up due to all the uncertainty about scaling in Bitcoin. Now with that resolved, a lot of the money in alts is coming back to Bitcoin. That is why altcoins have been dumped real hard.

Indeed, although altcoin has the opportunity to compete with bitcoin, they are not strong enough to be comparable to bitcoin. In just a short time, bitcoin has made terrible breakthroughs, it is completely overwhelmed the altcoins.
which I think bitcoin affects the crypto market because bitcoin was once its parent and the top bitcoin continues to be the possibility that bitcoin can affect the market through rising prices and will affect investors too in my opinion
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 04:57:49 PM

Bitcoin is a platform in which many people are working everyday. This is going to increase the value of Bitcoin across the world. Due to which some other crypto platforms are losing market value. Which is causing them harm.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 06:01:42 PM

Directly or indirectly, bitcoin can affect a crypto in the sense that that crypto can be exploited if it does well. Bitcoin is the only crypto that has a very expensive value and has a large market community.

Glok17

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:26:20 PM

As for me it is a most indicative coin of the market and it represents all the actual trends in crypto and its price dynamics.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
#davidnugroho

Activity: 317

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:35:03 PM

I have recently been into altcoin trading. I just want to know, does the price of bitcoin affect the price of other cryptocurrencies as well? How? I really want to know. I have noticed that ever since the bitcoin price is pumped up and reached 4,000 USD, the price of the altcoins has gone really really low. I almost lost my investment due to this sudden drop. Does bitcoin price have something to do with this?
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:49:16 PM

As for me it is a most indicative coin of the market and it represents all the actual trends in crypto and its price dynamics.
yes because bitcoin is the main coin in the crypto world, so surely all the coins in the world of crypto are benchmark and that represent bitcoin. about the price do not ask again, of course that the highest and the price distance is very far from other coin coins.
shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:23:01 PM

If you are trading alt coin with bitcoin, then when bitcoin price is going up then alt coin value will go down, that is because you are using bitcoin as the comparison, bitcoin got a huge effect on altcoin
very true what you say, bitcoin is a pioneer of cryptocurrency and even now bitcoin is still the highest value coin and is likely to be a guideline for other crypto currencies

It will always stay the leader. Even in 10-20 years, it will rule the market. BTC affects the prices of the other cryptocurrencies. When it grows, the tokens grow as well.
gheawari431

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:36:52 AM

Most coins are directly proportional to bitcoin. If he starts to fall, then it will begin to carrion the rest of the coins.This we can observe in the red zone. Even if we remember last year. How bitcoin has influenced its alternatives
It can be said that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency "spirit", because besides being the first creation and having the most expensive price, the conversion of other crypto prices is with bitcoin. While bitcoin is converted to USD. The price of bitcoin is always a reference for other crypto, if the strong bitcoin is another crypto also strengthens.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:40:06 AM

Bitcoin market cap is the biggest in the market and bitcoin contributes almost 50% of the effect to the market. let's say bitcoin is the parent of this industry.
Cryptopiana

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 03:01:28 AM

In my experience as long as bitcoin is going up or sideways, alts will perform well.
But as soon as Bitcoin starts showing weakness/going down you can see pretty heavy sell off in the alts.

You can almost trade altcoins entirely off of bitcoin movement. (With extreme ends of TA being the exception.)
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:28:14 AM

Because bitcoin was the first of all crypto. 
Without bitcoin, I don't see any crypto to coin to survive the crypto market. Moreso, bitcoin determines what we could find in the market, it's fate and all other things attached to it
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:54:44 AM

Sinve bitcoin is the top crypto it could affect also in altcoin we all know that the price is to low so expect the price is really too small to trade. Some member are pooulling out thier investment. But we all know it has a possible that it goes up before the year will end.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
jtrapirap

Activity: 235

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:18:49 AM

Yes most altcoins rise and fall in sync with Bitcoin price since it has been considered as the reserve currency and as a "gold standard" to the price of other coins in the market. Bitcoin is an obvious choice as a reserve currency since it is the first crypto in existence, most recognized, highly adopted, highest market cap, and highest daily volumes.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:24:56 AM

Since there aren't a lot of trading pairs alt coin has, they tend to be traded to eth and then to bitcoins eventually if there really aren't any good pairs in the future. This somehow increases bitcoin demand since people will need bitcoin to trade their unknown alt coins to.

nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:23:42 AM

BTC is the king of cryptocurrencies!
In the world of cryptocurrency, BTC is a benchmark, BTC is stable, and other cryptocurrencies will be invested!
In the bear market, BTC is the most stable encryption currency!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
sawree6

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

We can see how powerful bitcoin is. It is the main reason for ups and downs of other cryptos. Bitcoin has the biggest liquidity on the market which is why people buy altcoins usually with bitcoin.
kirti rana

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency in crypto market. I know bitcoin affect the price of other cryptocurrencies as well as. Because bitcoin price is up and down. Bitcoin is best investments in my personal life its best currency. Thankyou.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:57:39 PM

Mostly what I've seen in past is there are some altcoins that depends on bitcoin movement and there are some that doesn't ,when bitcoin increase in price those altcoins follows ,especially when the last bull run occurred.

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: