Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Bitcoin affect other Crypto?  (Read 4286 times)
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

I have recently been into altcoin trading. I just want to know, does the price of bitcoin affect the price of other cryptocurrencies as well? How? I really want to know. I have noticed that ever since the bitcoin price pumped up and reached 4,000 USD, the price of the altcoins had gone really really low. I almost lost my invesment due to this sudden drop. Does bitcoin price have something to do with this?
I think yes because bitcoin is the adaptation of other crypto, their basic feature is the same with each other, and most of the exchanges only trade altcoins with usd and bitcoin only.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zorchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:27:36 PM

Bitcoin is now in short and will hardly come out of it before the end of the year. It remains only to believe in the best. Especially trade right now is not obtained.
romantic007

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:08:40 PM

There are many factors, but yes, BTC surely affects alts. It all depends on the society and its demand, and also on the hype and so on.

Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:32:57 PM

Bitcoin would greatly affect other crypto by means of value and demand because bitcoin itself was the first crypto introduced and it is where the cryptocurency market depending by it's movement. So, with this bitcoin has a great role of crypto world where the market condition is relying by itself and so on to some other cryptos too.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:59:08 PM

I think, it's not bitcoin price that is affecting other crypto currency, but crypto market regulation affects all coin and bitcoin been the top and most famous is been used as the lead watch to compare others.
Bitcoin is also under general control and what affects bitcoin affects other coin, and they have not been so rooted and independent enough to boycott bitcoin.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:03:39 PM

If you are trading alt coin with bitcoin, then when bitcoin price is going up then alt coin value will go down, that is because you are using bitcoin as the comparison, bitcoin got a huge effect on altcoin
I think it depends on the particular coin or asset, I believe sometimes it is not about trading activities involving bitcoin, bitcoin as the leading digital currency in the world can greatly affect most altcoins. Most altcoins depend on the price of bitcoin in various ways. In spite of this, some altcoins perform very well even when bitcoin drops in price.
ekomic

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:51:13 PM

I have recently been into altcoin trading. I just want to know, does the price of bitcoin affect the price of other cryptocurrencies as well? How? I really want to know. I have noticed that ever since the bitcoin price pumped up and reached 4,000 USD, the price of the altcoins had gone really really low. I almost lost my invesment due to this sudden drop. Does bitcoin price have something to do with this?

Yes sir!!...btc is the head...it goes up and everyone else follow suit....and when goes down the whole markets goes with it...but of course; there are exceptions to it...some altcoins might choose to break the law!!
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:38:46 AM

if I think btc affects the price of altcoins that are popular and owned by many people, if for altcoins that have just been released and especially less popular coins I think the price of btc only has little or no effect, because enthusiasts on popular coins will remain small if btc prices go up so people will prefer to invest in btc than in the altcoin, so I think Smiley
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. When people understood that the other guys are ready to invest in it, they started to create various altcoins. We can say, BTC helped to create the crypto market.
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:02:42 AM

if I think btc affects the price of altcoins that are popular and owned by many people, if for altcoins that have just been released and especially less popular coins I think the price of btc only has little or no effect, because enthusiasts on popular coins will remain small if btc prices go up so people will prefer to invest in btc than in the altcoin, so I think Smiley
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. When people understood that the other guys are ready to invest in it, they started to create various altcoins. We can say, BTC helped to create the crypto market.

Bitcoin is the foundation and the pillars of all the coin in crypto world that is why bitcoin is mostly the basis of market status and obviously if bitcoin drops then the market and the entire altcoins price drops too, I think because most people are always aiming bitcoin for it is proven and tested as a most promising coin at the entire crypto market.

beliomir

Activity: 539

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:20:00 AM

bitcoin is the main index of the entire cryptocurrency market, it has a direct impact on all altcoins

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:10:17 AM

Because altcoins investors are simultaneously pumping bitcoin so its price rises. And the altcoin price will fall. And almost altcoin is based on bitcoin that it is connected to collapse and increase.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 01:10:52 PM

I think bitcoin is one of the most charismatic cryptocurrencies in the cryptoworld which is very evident that it greatly affects alt coins' market price whenever bitcoin rise up or goes down. That's basically because bitcoin is the base currency that is paired to alt coins.

sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

The relationship between bitcoin and other cryptos is that when bitcoin is going up, other cryptos also follow the same trend and vice versa. The reason being that any trigger in price that raises the price of bitcoin causes a notion that crypto in general, is gaining more attention and that more people are coming into crypto. It is a fact because people who come into crypto first time, start with bitcoin because it is the crypto with worldwide acceptance and known to many people whether interest or not interested.
Nurshazwani

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:40:09 AM

The reason for this question will be because BitCoin is the first crypto and the most popular one among the crypto community. So when confidence is shown in it, there's carry over the other cryptos. With decentralized exchanges and the massive success of ICO's, I think this is the beginning for BitCoin, blockchain and other coins.
Rumble97

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:03:56 AM

It is true that Bitcoin affects the other coins, if bitcoin goes down, of course coin - coin is under it and vice versa, as the parent of all coins, of course Bitcoin has a big influence on other crypto coins
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:38:32 AM

in my opinion there must be something to do with alternative currencies like altcoins because bitcoin is to my knowledge a crypto currency pioneer and maybe many investors who use bitcoin become another currency that is affected by the movement of bitcoin
holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:14:09 AM

We can see how powerful bitcoin is. It is the main reason for ups and downs of other cryptos. Bitcoin has the biggest liquidity on the market which is why people buy altcoins usually with bitcoin.
M.C.V.

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:22:05 AM

Mostly all follow BTC
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:47:17 AM

In my opinion , bitcoin now greatly affect other crypto because most of the investor start with bitcoin  and money they gained from it they invest it to the other coin. Now since bitcoin is falling other crypto also falling apart. With bitcoin movement is directly proportional to the other crypto.

maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:51:31 AM

Yes, of course, Altcoins are very dependent on Bitcoin itself. I think that this will never change and Bitcoin will continue to dictate the trend in the market

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: