Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next difficulty in approx 3 days?? 1,240,416  (Read 5299 times)
ninjapug (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:51:00 AM

When do you think the next difficulty change will be?
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:33:06 AM

You can predict it. Just look at how many blocks to go, and divide by the current blocks/hour rate.  That will give you a pretty accurate idea.  Right now it's looking like Friday morning.

It will be another doozy.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:35:53 AM

You can predict it. Just look at how many blocks to go, and divide by the current blocks/hour rate.  That will give you a pretty accurate idea.  Right now it's looking like Friday morning.

How exciting!!!! Less BTC, more competition, less trading, less credibility, lower exchange rate!? What could go wrong?

Smiley

What does it take to make the difficulty lower?
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:37:38 AM

Bad things to happen, and lots of miners quitting en masse!
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:38:35 AM

How exciting!!!! Less BTC, more competition, less trading, less credibility, lower exchange rate!? What could go wrong?

Smiley

It will never get lower.

Why less credibility if its harder to get?  If history has proven anything it is that people usually want what they CAN'T get. And who the hell said the exchange rate will be lower? It might dip for a little bit after MTGOX comes back in, but in 2 weeks everything will be back to normal with bitcoins trading at about $30 a coin.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:43:28 AM

Smiley

It will never get lower.

Why less credibility if its harder to get?  If history has proven anything it is that people usually want what they CAN'T get. And who the hell said the exchange rate will be lower? It might dip for a little bit after MTGOX comes back in, but in 2 weeks everything will be back to normal with bitcoins trading at about $30 a coin.

You steal my very soul from me with your reason......   Undecided
jalidi

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:48:49 AM

You can follow it with this: http://bitcoinwatch.com/ and look at the block statistics.

But it's like 2016 blocks per difficulty increase and the network is doing 260 blocks per day... just a bit under 8 days now.

Basically the faster we do those 2016 blocks, the more it cranks the difficulty... if we did it 50% slower, the difficulty will fall, which will never happen considering the number of new machines being added each and every day.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:53:18 AM

You can follow it with this: http://bitcoinwatch.com/ and look at the block statistics.

But it's like 2016 blocks per difficulty increase and the network is doing 260 blocks per day... just a bit under 8 days now.

Basically the faster we do those 2016 blocks, the more it cranks the difficulty... if we did it 50% slower, the difficulty will fall, which will never happen considering the number of new machines being added each and every day.

So I'm really curious who has the intestinal fortitude to keep mining if:

1) The exchange rate stagnates or (ahhhh) goes down!
2) The difficulty rate keeps going up
3) Scandal persists???
4) Other stuff, eg, inlaws can't stand the noise, heat, etc.,   Smiley
ninjapug (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:54:50 AM

Everyone should halt mining for the next 2 days now.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:56:02 AM

As the darkness of the Abyss swallows your very words......
CJYP

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:11:22 AM

When we hit block #210,000.
niemivh

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:13:36 AM

Bad things to happen, and lots of miners quitting en masse!

That's why I've been getting more BTC!  Keep quiting!!!!!!!!

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:14:01 AM

Err..we talking a miners strike here  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:17:51 AM

So I'm really curious who has the intestinal fortitude to keep mining if:

1) The exchange rate stagnates or (ahhhh) goes down!
2) The difficulty rate keeps going up
3) Scandal persists???
4) Other stuff, eg, inlaws can't stand the noise, heat, etc.,   Smiley
Who cares if the scandal persists, you clowns don't understand that exchangers, and bitcoin have nothing to do with each other. I wish all the exchangers would just go away, and let us build our economy up.
The difficulty is going to keep going up, and the miners who are getting started now will be the ones mining in the future. It will get to the point where normal people will not be able to get into it AT ALL, because the mining market will be dominated by its earliest adopters. But what is so wrong with that?
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 05:11:44 AM

When we hit block #210,000.
:Grin:

Quoted for possible truth.

For those that don't know, the block reward drops to 25 BTC on (or about) that block. I hope to have a modest cluster on standby that can mine at a slight loss if needed.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
AngelusWebDesign

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:05:48 AM

That's D-Day -- when everyone either has paid for their mining hardware, or never will...

(When blocks net 25 BTC instead of 50)
ones51

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:20:23 AM

Smiley

It will never get lower.

Where did you get your crystal ball? I would like to purchase one please.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:29:00 AM

You can predict it. Just look at how many blocks to go, and divide by the current blocks/hour rate.  That will give you a pretty accurate idea.  Right now it's looking like Friday morning.

Smiley

It will never get lower.

Where did you get your crystal ball? I would like to purchase one please.
The same place 90% of the people in this forum got theirs lol.

Edit: This isn't meant to demoralize my postings, or anyone elses for the matter. It's meant to show that the only real thing that we have, is that bitcoins are here to stay forever. Whether the market crashes in 2 weeks or not, whether difficulty rises or drops, whether the economy grows or not, bitcoins will still be here. Everyone reading this post right now needs to go into this with that kind of mentality, that bitcoins are never going to disappear, and I promise you everyone reading this message right now will be a winner in the future. But it's not going to happen with pump and dump tactics, and smear manipulation.
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:33:50 AM

I hope the difficulty triples. I haven't played video games in a month. And the new American McGee's Alice is out. I hear Duke Nukem sucks, but still. It's Duke Nukem.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:57:14 AM

That's D-Day -- when everyone either has paid for their mining hardware, or never will...

(When blocks net 25 BTC instead of 50)

What do you mean? Hardware cost is fixed, it just takes longer to recoup the initial investment. You only start losing money when you are paying more in kilowatt hours than you are making in BTC.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: