Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Kexcoin - Introducing student accommodation to the blockchain  (Read 9879 times)
MarketingMonk

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:40:50 PM

https://steemit-bucket-4a743ec2.s3.amazonaws.com/new-whitepaper-cover-opt-600w.jpg

A new version of the Kexcoin whitepaper v1.08 has just been released. Kexcoins are now spendable by domestic and international students for their rent payments.

Here's the announcement:
https://steemit.com/kexcoin/@kexcoin/new-version-of-kexcoin-whitepaper-v1-08-released-coins-now-spendable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anndrianno

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:26:48 PM

The project seems to be promising, however, there is a long way to go before large numbers of students will really be involved (at least that's how I see it). Perhaps the project has a bright future in store for it even outside the UK, provided that differences in mentality and way of life (which exist in different countries) are taken into consideration.

Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:06:17 PM

where announcement thread ?

You're on it.  Grin

Perhaps this should be in the announcements section Smiley
spiderlee

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:03:04 AM

how about bounty, do you have a bounty?
Kexcoin (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:29:03 AM

....but i also do not invest in ico's that do not deliver at least 2000 community

Over 2000 on twitter alone, does that count?
ALWASA

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:40:06 AM

Kexcoins are cryptocurrency tokens that allow anyone to participate in a student property crowdfund with the click of a button. Those funds are then used to buy in the student investment property market which brings reliable returns.

Our vision is to build a new funding network through the use of the blockchain, making it available for almost anyone in the world to participate, in any amount, large or small.
We are unique in the business as we are already supported by an existing infrastructure. Kexgill an associated company to Kexcoin has been investing and growing their European portfolio for almost 39 years. With an experienced team, they are an award winning student provider, owning almost 3,250 beds throughout the UK and 360 multi-family apartments in Germany.

Key Information
When will the ICO be launched?
You can place buy orders now for fulfilment at 15:00 UTC 15th September 2017

How long will they be on sale?
30 days (15 September 2017 – 14 October 2017)

How many are being sold?
8,500,000 KEXCOIN

What is the rate/value they will be sold at?
0.0025 BTC = 1 KEXCOIN

How to connect with us
You can get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, Bitcoin Forum, Bitshares Forum.

How will participants benefit?
Once per quarter on a pre-announced date, we will take 50% of the net profits generated by the rental income from the properties and use it to buy back as many KexCoins as we can.
Participants will be able to offer their KexCoins for sale on the market and we will buy them back starting with the cheapest first.

Once the buyback budget has been exhausted, all KexCoins purchased within that budget will be permanently burned. This reduces the total remaining supply and increases the scarcity of the coins that remain, thus inflating the price.

The remaining 50% net profits will be reinvested in further investment property to speed up the buyback process.

What does the KexCoin team get out of this?
10m KexCoins have been created. This is the total number that will ever exist.
10% of this amount (1m KexCoins) will be retained for the core team.
An additional 5% (500k KexCoins) will be retained for contingencies.

The remaining 85% (8.5m KexCoins) will be sold to participants during the ICO.
In order for the KexCoin team to profit, KexCoins must be worth something. This will only happen if the project is a success.

When a core team member wishes to take some profit, they would have to sell their coins on the market in exchange for Bitcoin in the same way as an ICO participant does. The core team are not allowed to sell or trade their kexcoin for a 1 year period after the ICO.

What happens if you don't sell all the coins during the ICO?
Any coins that are left unsold when the crowd funding period closes will be immediately and publicly burned.

Useful Links
Website
Whitepaper
Step-by-step guide to participate

Base on what I understand and read about this campaign, this lroject is really nice because they are actually focusing on students were eventually totally help them in so many ways.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄████████
▄██████████▄
████████████
▀██████████▀
 ▀████████▀
   ▀████▀
   ▄████▄       ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄
▄███████████▄███████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀██████████▀ ▀██████████▀
 ▀████████▀   ▀████████▀
   ▀████▀       ▀████▀
   ▄████▄       ▄████▄
 ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄
▄███████████▄███████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀███████████▀███████████▀
 ▀████████▀   ▀████████▀
   ▀▀██▀▀       ▀▀██▀▀

Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY
   MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE,
           STOP SCAMS
WITH BITDEPOSITARY       
/

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

in
MarketingMonk

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:43:14 PM

https://steemit-bucket-4a743ec2.s3.amazonaws.com/financial-statement.jpg

You asked for it, now here it is. #Kexcoin Financial Model - Demonstration / Mock Projections:
https://steemit.com/kexcoin/@kexcoin/kexcoin-financial-model-demonstration-mock-projections
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:12:46 PM

Base on what I understand and read about this campaign, this lroject is really nice because they are actually focusing on students were eventually totally help them in so many ways.

I'm glad you understand the underlying implications. We have thousands of students through the doors of Kexgill each year and if Kexcoin is successful (as we believe it will be) thousands more each year will be introduced, at an early stage in their life, to the blockchain and crypto currency. The ripple effect! Who know's one day one of our tenants could become a market leader in the field?
RealTouchCoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:16:13 PM

1. It is a UK Gov legal requirement to have your registration number on your website, is there a reason you are lacking this fundamental requirement?

2. I don't understand your calculations.  You say the company will distribute 50% of the rental income which you would expect to be a gross yield to be 8-12%, then you say the net profit will be 25-30% less than the gross yield... or 9% (12% x .75)... if you made the max. 12% and distributed 50%. that would be 6%?

3. What is a "bounty at the end of the 30 years"? Was that a typing error?

4. Who are your competitors?  How will this change anything?

5. Is there any reason you are rushing it and not taking the time to show a more professional presentation?

I don't mean to be harsh but it seems this project is being done on a whim... you seem to change your direction with every opinion.

It's "almost" a good idea but it seems a little scammy the way it is all thrown together.

-----

https://www.gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material[/i]

On business letters, order forms and websites, you must show:

the company’s registered number
    its registered office address
    where the company is registered (England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland)
    the fact that it’s a limited company (usually by spelling out the company’s full name including ‘Limited’ or ‘Ltd’)

If you want to include directors’ names, you must list all of them.

If you want to show your company’s share capital (how much the shares were worth when you issued them), you must say how much is ‘paid up’ (owned by shareholders).
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 03:42:08 PM

Brilliant idea but somehow this project will seem to he limited to only a few countries and by that i mean not everyone who owns the coin can benefit from it due to their geographical locations i stand corrected anyway.

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:05:40 PM

1. It is a UK Gov legal requirement to have your registration number on your website, is there a reason you are lacking this fundamental requirement?

I found 27 separate companies for their different locations registered under Kexgill, so I am not sure how that would work with what you are describing. Did you find any discrepancies or a cause for concern about Kexgill?
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

2. I don't understand your calculations.  You say the company will distribute 50% of the rental income which you would expect to be a gross yield to be 8-12%, then you say the net profit will be 25-30% less than the gross yield... or 9% (12% x .75)... if you made the max. 12% and distributed 50%. that would be 6%?

3. What is a "bounty at the end of the 30 years"? Was that a typing error?

4. Who are your competitors?  How will this change anything?

5. Is there any reason you are rushing it and not taking the time to show a more professional presentation?

I don't mean to be harsh but it seems this project is being done on a whim... you seem to change your direction with every opinion.

It's "almost" a good idea but it seems a little scammy the way it is all thrown together.

1) Please check the bottom of the website, the directors are all photographed, the address is shown and the company name and number are all showing.

2) 50% of net profits will be used to buy back kexcoin from the market and permanently destroy them. The other 50% net profits will be used to purchase more property to increase the size of the portfolio, profit and the following quarter / year buy back budget.

3) At the end of the 30 year project, the uplift in property price value will be distributed to Kexcoin holders and those that participated in the ICO. It is important to note at this point that the kexcoin currency will continue after this.

4) Our competitors are other landlords and service providers. It would change things in the sense that they are all beholden to bank and interest rates, we are not. It opens the door to a new way of funding property and has the potential to disrupt industries, such as the big banks that traditionally offer mortgages. Other competitors would include other real estate ICO's.

5) I'm sorry that you do not feel we have done this in a professional manner. Can you tell me exactly what it is that you believe we have done wrong? We did bring the release forward slightly in order to be first to market and to avoid the avalanche of ICO's that (at the time) were due out.

Why is it "almost" a good idea and what makes it "scammy"? We are effectively using all profits over the 30 years to the benefit of anyone that participates in the project? You can't get that anywhere else?
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:18:04 PM

Brilliant idea but somehow this project will seem to he limited to only a few countries and by that i mean not everyone who owns the coin can benefit from it due to their geographical locations i stand corrected anyway.

The ICO is available to anyone worldwide with the exception of the U.S and anyone that participates in the ICO or holds Kexcoin can benefit.
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:23:28 PM

I found 27 separate companies for their different locations registered under Kexgill, so I am not sure how that would work with what you are describing. Did you find any discrepancies or a cause for concern about Kexgill?

Kexgill are the company behind Kexcoin. The companies that you are seeing are all part of the Kexgill group however I believe there are 15 not 27?? Also the two main directors of Kexgill are also Directors of Kexcoin Limited. Kexgill has been around for 39 years and is an award winning company. Please do look into them in great details as I believe it will offer assurance as to what we are planning to achieve and the serious nature that we are tackling this project with.
RealTouchCoin

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:28:23 PM

My first concern is just that.  Why don't you have your registration number on the website?  What are the possible reasons for not listing your registration number?  Registration numbers are for identification purposes.  You said it yourself, you found 27 different listings.  Which one is this?  You can have 1,000 subsidiaries but your holding corp. still has 1 registration number.

It's not what "I" am describing, it is what is REQUIRED by the UK Govt. for EVERY company.  Just seems dumb NOT to use it (if you have it).

Other concerns?

Why are they crowdfunding if they have 27 other companies and thousands of units?  Isn't crowdfunding for startups?  Why are they using an ICO?  What purpose does it serve them?  Why not equity?  Why not any other traditional financing or crowdfunding? 

What are they using the money for?  Just more property?  They are a successful company that wants "me" to pay for their property (which they will own) and then they will "maybe" give me back a 6%?  So I can get my principle back in 15 years?

They do have a "30 Year Bounty" so maybe they are just really, really, long term thinkers?

To be honest, I was excited to see a student housing project but the deeper I look, the less appealing it is.  Who know?  I know it's not easy to be under heavy scrutiny and maybe they can answer all this stuff.  I would even give them more leeway except for what you said, there are 27 companies so again... why do they need MY money?
RealTouchCoin

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:35:58 PM

Kexgill are the company behind Kexcoin. The companies that you are seeing are all part of the Kexgill group however I believe there are 15 not 27?? Also the two main directors of Kexgill are also Directors of Kexcoin Limited. Kexgill has been around for 39 years and is an award winning company. Please do look into them in great details as I believe it will offer assurance as to what we are planning to achieve and the serious nature that we are tackling this project with.

EXACTLY.  You have been around for 39 years and are award winning.  Why are you doing a "start up" crowdfunding to get people to pay for your property and not using your own corporate financial resources?
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:09:24 PM

My first concern is just that.  Why don't you have your registration number on the website?  What are the possible reasons for not listing your registration number?  Registration numbers are for identification purposes.  You said it yourself, you found 27 different listings.  Which one is this?  You can have 1,000 subsidiaries but your holding corp. still has 1 registration number.

It's not what "I" am describing, it is what is REQUIRED by the UK Govt. for EVERY company.  Just seems dumb NOT to use it (if you have it).

Other concerns?

Why are they crowdfunding if they have 27 other companies and thousands of units?  Isn't crowdfunding for startups?  Why are they using an ICO?  What purpose does it serve them?  Why not equity?  Why not any other traditional financing or crowdfunding? 

What are they using the money for?  Just more property?  They are a successful company that wants "me" to pay for their property (which they will own) and then they will "maybe" give me back a 6%?  So I can get my principle back in 15 years?

They do have a "30 Year Bounty" so maybe they are just really, really, long term thinkers?

To be honest, I was excited to see a student housing project but the deeper I look, the less appealing it is.  Who know?  I know it's not easy to be under heavy scrutiny and maybe they can answer all this stuff.  I would even give them more leeway except for what you said, there are 27 companies so again... why do they need MY money?

Sorry but you really don't understand the project or what we are doing?
With regards to the company number, it is on the website! We have given the address of the head office and we have been more transparent about who we are compared to any other ICO I have seen or participated in.
The project is for 30 not 15 years, we are sidestepping traditional bank funding to favour the many and not the few.
Give you back 6%? Where are you getting that from? ALL profits from the business are being used for the benefit of participants and the directors of kexcoin do not receive any payment or dividend over the 30 years at all, other than the kexcoin outlined on the website and even they are frozen for 12 months??
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:11:11 PM

EXACTLY.  You have been around for 39 years and are award winning.  Why are you doing a "start up" crowdfunding to get people to pay for your property and not using your own corporate financial resources?

Crowdfunding is not just for start ups? People pay in return for what we give back (which is effectively everything for 30 years).
finles_mngr

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 07:15:44 PM

What will happen with the bought back tokens? will they be burned?
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:26:48 PM

What will happen with the bought back tokens? will they be burned?

Yes they will be burned / destroyed and it will be publicly verifiable.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: