Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:41:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Kexcoin - Introducing student accommodation to the blockchain  (Read 9884 times)
RealTouchCoin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:26:47 PM

My first concern is just that.  Why don't you have your registration number on the website?  What are the possible reasons for not listing your registration number?  Registration numbers are for identification purposes.  You said it yourself, you found 27 different listings.  Which one is this?  You can have 1,000 subsidiaries but your holding corp. still has 1 registration number.

It's not what "I" am describing, it is what is REQUIRED by the UK Govt. for EVERY company.  Just seems dumb NOT to use it (if you have it).

Other concerns?

Why are they crowdfunding if they have 27 other companies and thousands of units?  Isn't crowdfunding for startups?  Why are they using an ICO?  What purpose does it serve them?  Why not equity?  Why not any other traditional financing or crowdfunding? 

What are they using the money for?  Just more property?  They are a successful company that wants "me" to pay for their property (which they will own) and then they will "maybe" give me back a 6%?  So I can get my principle back in 15 years?

They do have a "30 Year Bounty" so maybe they are just really, really, long term thinkers?

To be honest, I was excited to see a student housing project but the deeper I look, the less appealing it is.  Who know?  I know it's not easy to be under heavy scrutiny and maybe they can answer all this stuff.  I would even give them more leeway except for what you said, there are 27 companies so again... why do they need MY money?

Sorry but you really don't understand the project or what we are doing?
With regards to the company number, it is on the website! We have given the address of the head office and we have been more transparent about who we are compared to any other ICO I have seen or participated in.
The project is for 30 not 15 years, we are sidestepping traditional bank funding to favour the many and not the few.
Give you back 6%? Where are you getting that from? ALL profits from the business are being used for the benefit of participants and the directors of kexcoin do not receive any payment or dividend over the 30 years at all, other than the kexcoin outlined on the website and even they are frozen for 12 months??

See, your deceptiveness is what I am concerned about.

First, you are treating us like we are stupid.  "With regards to the company number, it is on the website!"... Yes, you put that up AFTER I asked yet you respond like I am the idiot... here is the cached version (which, because of your lack of knowledge, you probably didn't know this existed) - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://kexcoin.com/

Your response should have been "Thank you for pointing out our obvious mistake".

I get 6% because the net profit you speak of was 12% and you say you will distribute 50% of the net profit.  Isn't half of 12% = 6%?

The directors do not benefit?  Who will OWN the property and asset value?  What stops you from raising the capital and selling all the assets next year and walking away with the entire ICO capital raise?

15 years I was speaking of is the time it will take me just to make my money back with a 6% return per year (with ZERO profit).  30 years is your "Bounty"... which I have to believe you did not know what a bounty was when the person asked that question. 

You want people to invest in an ICO and think about a 30 year return.  That is an annuity.  Again, why ICO?  Why not any traditional form of fundraising?  Sorry to be skeptical but I have to believe your sole purpose for an ICO is to avoid regulations.  Your entire scheme does not pass the Howey test which means you are simply selling securities yet they carry no ownership.  I didn't look but I hope this is not available to us the U.S. because you cannot possibly take money without registering your ICO (which it is not registered).

Plus, it is annoying you have your "newbie" friends on here acting like they are asking relevant questions.  These are too obvious.  It seems I know your business better than you.

If you were in my class turning in this business plan, you'd get a C grade if you're lucky.  Seems sloppy and last minute.  Then again, I am a Tuck professor so we are tough on our students.

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:32:35 PM

^---- ignore button, moving on  Wink
RealTouchCoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:41:25 PM

After 30 seconds of research, I find your company is registered a month ago when you started your ICO campaign.

Why aren't you using your Kexgill Ltd. registration?  This PROVES legally this project has NOTHING to do with Kexgill Ltd.

It is very deceptive to act like you are Kexgill and talk about your great company history but really you are KEXCOIN with no history and legally, nothing to bind you to Kexgill.  If you were sued, you would be limited under KEXCOIN with no history, assets or anything to secure the investment, right?

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/10898075/kexcoin-limited/

NAME
KEXCOIN LIMITED

COMPANY NUMBER

COMPANY TYPE
Private limited with Share Capital

BUSINESS ACTIVITY (SIC)
70221 - Financial management

INCORPORATION DATE
03/08/2017 (1 months old)

Kexcoin (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:43:43 PM

Agreed. If he had done his research he would know all of this, it's widely spoken about in numerous places.
SurfnTurf

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:00:47 AM

Agreed. If he had done his research he would know all of this, it's widely spoken about in numerous places.

Except it's true what he said about the registration.  That was not there because I checked your site when he made the original post. Why did you act like he was wrong?  Why can't you answer any of the questions instead of always saying the information is somewhere else?  The point of a forum is to interact, not to deter, isn't it?  Your project is one of the first I am visiting so we are all not experts.  A straight forward answer would make me much more comfortable with your project than "ignoring" people.  IMHO.
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:21:09 AM

A straight forward answer would make me much more comfortable with your project than "ignoring" people.  IMHO.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions people have if they are constructive and not simply going over the same point over and over.
One final thing to mention before moving on, my point about showing information elsewhere was to prove that we are being very open and transparent about who we are so to say we're a scam because the company name was there but not the company number is bordering on ridiculous. When it was first mentioned it was added. I then said it was there and he continued to say it wasn't (basically hadn't checked back after we updated it).

What questions would you like me to answer and I'd be more than happy to answer them.
SurfnTurf

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:32:47 PM

It catches me that Kexgill Ltd. and Kexcoin Ltd. are two completely separate entities.  Do you admit there is no legal repercussion for Kexgill Ltd. if your Kexcoin project fails to do what you say you will do?  What ties you into Kexgill?  In other words, you are a U.K. Limited company which only costs a few pound and an hour to incorporate.  If I send you money and you run away, is there any legal regulation under U.K. guidelines for your ICO?

Your project is not utilising blockchain technology in any form so I believe the "why ICO" is a valid point.  I'm still on the fence here so I hope it works out.   Huh  But the way these ICO's are going I think it will still work out for you.  Good luck  Undecided
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:30:26 PM

It catches me that Kexgill Ltd. and Kexcoin Ltd. are two completely separate entities.  Do you admit there is no legal repercussion for Kexgill Ltd. if your Kexcoin project fails to do what you say you will do?  What ties you into Kexgill?  In other words, you are a U.K. Limited company which only costs a few pound and an hour to incorporate.  If I send you money and you run away, is there any legal regulation under U.K. guidelines for your ICO?

Your project is not utilising blockchain technology in any form so I believe the "why ICO" is a valid point.  I'm still on the fence here so I hope it works out.   Huh  But the way these ICO's are going I think it will still work out for you.  Good luck  Undecided

Kexgill Limited and all of the other Kexgill companies that form the group are 100% owned by Mike (and wife). These companies have mortgages and various cross guarantees and debentures which would stop this project from being possible under Kexgill Limited. Kexcoin Limited had 5 shareholders, the largest of which is Mike but Richard the MD of Kexgill is also a director / shareholder of Kexcoin Ltd. In addition to this Kexgill will be providing full management services to Kexcoin. Kexcoin Ltd is making use of all Kexgill's existing infrastructure.

The two companies are set up separately for a number of reasons in addition to the one above. Firstly, we are under no illusion that the funds raised from the ICO are ours in any way so to mix these funds with those of Kexgill would be wrong to do. The company has been set up with a strong fund structure and this is how we view it. Custodians of the funds raised from participants if you will. Also as Kexgill will be providing management and resources there would not be the clear divide between the two companies if they were one and the same. We are trying to ensure that everything that we do is transparent, verifiable and legitimate. By having the clear divide we can show a clear division in what is Kexgills and what is Kexcoins and there will be no grey areas because of this.

In response to your questions specifically, are there any legal repercussions; The two companies are connected by Directors and owner. With all of the information we have published both written and spoken as well as the terms and conditions and articles of association for the kexcoin company, we are bound by UK law and if we did not do as we have stated we would be in serious trouble. Each one of the directors has built up an established and respectable career over many years and we simply would not risk that in order to make a "quick buck" with the potential to then serve at her majesties service. Please also remember that Mike is 70 and unlikely to see much in term of remuneration as he is unlikely to be here. Finally on your first question, you are looking at it the wrong way. If Kexcoin has no bank borrowings then it is very difficult to fail as there is no one to call in the receivers, in addition we have benefits over our competitors in terms of flexibility and being able to weather economical storms should they arise. By having the separate companies they are shielded from each other as it works both ways!

In regards to your second question, that we are not using the blockchain and "why ICO" again I think points are being missed here. Please check out Chris's Youtube shows (cryptoverse). You will see that he is an advocate of expanding all thinks blockchain and crypto and increasing adoption. If Crypto is to really go mainstream then it needs to be used for a variety of uses. So this would be my first point, we are using technology to break the old mold of how to fund property and as such are widening the adoption of the crypto space. I believe in the future there will be a large shift from the few to the many.
My second point is that we are using Kexcoin as a commodity and a means of paying rent. Now this definitely uses blockchain! Finally, we are running our ICO on the bitshares network and are therefore supporting the space further.

I hope this has given you more belief in the project and I too believe it will be a success.
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:40:37 AM

Nice publication here, just wanted to ask one question. I think i also encounter a project similar as you. Do you know Bit Job as well?, How is it different from the one that you are lauching here right now? thank you in advance and good luck.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:15:37 AM

It's entirely different but I think you know that already.
SurfnTurf

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

Nice publication here, just wanted to ask one question. I think i also encounter a project similar as you. Do you know Bit Job as well?, How is it different from the one that you are lauching here right now? thank you in advance and good luck.

@Kexcoin... how come you don't just answer the question.  You come off snide and petty.  I will help you out though and show you how to answer a question. 

"Hi Katashi , thanks for the enquiry.  Bit Job is for student jobs.  Kexcoin is a student housing project.  Cheers!"

I think a better question is:  What is Kexcoin doing differently than the 1.000 other companies that offer student housing investment?

I can't see any difference between you and Emerging Property/Select Property/Knight Frank/Knight Knox/or the other 100 companies in the UK that offer student housing investment EXCEPT with THEM - 1. Investors have FCA security 2. Investors actually own the unit

P.S. - You described your coin as a "commodity" earlier.  I hope you have registered with the FCA.  Have you?  What you are selling is a security and you must register with the FCA.  I think you are in over your head.  I'm not trying to jump all over you and I know first hand it can be very difficult to please people with new projects but this would be a better project for Housecrowd or Housers (traditional crowdfunding) as the people would feel more secure you are not just trying some unregulated side step to take money.  If you are just trying to do a project and don't really have the means.  God bless you!  But then again you should have the means if your company/owners have been in business for 40 years and are successful.  All very confusing  Huh Roll Eyes
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:22:16 PM

@Kexcoin... how come you don't just answer the question.  You come off snide and petty.....

Oh come on, you must see it? I think you are looking at the question that does not need to be answered and haven't picked up on the underlying reason why they wanted to post on this thread.
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:29:17 PM

I think a better question is:  What is Kexcoin doing differently than the 1.000 other companies that offer student housing investment?

I can't see any difference between you and Emerging Property/Select Property/Knight Frank/Knight Knox/or the other 100 companies in the UK that offer student housing investment EXCEPT with THEM - 1. Investors have FCA security 2. Investors actually own the unit

P.S. - You described your coin as a "commodity" earlier.  I hope you have registered with the FCA.  Have you?  What you are selling is a security and you must register with the FCA.  I think you are in over your head.  I'm not trying to jump all over you and I know first hand it can be very difficult to please people with new projects but this would be a better project for Housecrowd or Housers (traditional crowdfunding) as the people would feel more secure you are not just trying some unregulated side step to take money.  If you are just trying to do a project and don't really have the means.  God bless you!  But then again you should have the means if your company/owners have been in business for 40 years and are successful.  All very confusing  Huh Roll Eyes

In answer to your question, we are providing safe affordable housing to thousands of students each year and in the process, picking up numerous awards. Such as (and this doesn't include 2017 awards):

2016 - Current Awards:

Durham Student Hall of the Year
Liverpool SU - Landlord Gold Award – Kexgill
Liverpool SU - Most Valued Support Staff Member – Brenda Nelson (Kexgill)
Teesside Student Hall of the Year
TUSU – Rate Your Landlord Awards – Best Overall Large Accommodation Provider
UCLAN SU – Love Hate Rate Awards 2016 – Special Mention

2015 Awards:

Durham Student Landlord of the Year 2015
Hull Best Landlord of the Year 2015
Leeds Student Landlord of the Year 2015
Liverpool Student Landlord of the Year 2015, 2014 and 2013
Liverpool Value for Money Award 2015
Liverpool Picture Perfect Award 2015
Liverpool Recommend to a Friend Award 2015
Northeast Student Landlord of the Year 2015 (covering Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Durham and Stockton)
North East Lifetime Achievement in Student Accommodation Award (Kexgill Chairman)
Teesside University Landlord of the Year 2015
Teesside Student Hall of the Year 2015
UCLAN SU Student Hall of the Year 2015
UCLAN SU Student Value Deal of the Year 2015 (Hall of Residence)
SurfnTurf

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:24:48 PM

I asked what are you doing DIFFERENTLY?  You responded by telling me you provide student housing... which is EXACTLY what every one of those companies I listed do (as well as 100 more).  So you are providing the EXACT SAME service as every other student housing company... ok... got it.

Have you registered your securities sale with the FCA?
MUGOmugo

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:23:06 AM

After 30 seconds of research, I find your company is registered a month ago when you started your ICO campaign.

Why aren't you using your Kexgill Ltd. registration?  This PROVES legally this project has NOTHING to do with Kexgill Ltd.

It is very deceptive to act like you are Kexgill and talk about your great company history but really you are KEXCOIN with no history and legally, nothing to bind you to Kexgill.  If you were sued, you would be limited under KEXCOIN with no history, assets or anything to secure the investment, right?

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/10898075/kexcoin-limited/

NAME
KEXCOIN LIMITED

COMPANY NUMBER

COMPANY TYPE
Private limited with Share Capital

BUSINESS ACTIVITY (SIC)
70221 - Financial management

INCORPORATION DATE
03/08/2017 (1 months old)

If thats the case this project would turn into nothing, Were just wasting our time with this kind of campaign.
Kexcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:13:07 AM

If thats the case this project would turn into nothing, Were just wasting our time with this kind of campaign.

How does that have any bearing on what we are doing? How will it turn into nothing? I assume you have read the response to this as to why it has been done this way? Also are not all other ICO's start ups with new company information? We have a 39 year old company backing us. Others don't. As such we offer security where others don't.
finles_mngr

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 11:06:27 AM

Thanks!
spiderlee

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:44:37 AM

Bounty, do you have any, social media bounty
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:18:11 PM

Bounty, do you have any, social media bounty

If you want a bounty buy the coin in the ICO.
aidit45@gmail.com

Activity: 1554
Merit: 255

payMe - P2E

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:04:23 AM

I think bounty is very important, why is that, because bounty assigns tasks to bounty hunters to promote a project or platform. because not everyone knows about a project because that's why it takes promotion

▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀▀▄
                       ▄▄███████████████  ▄   █       ▄           ▄
                    ▄███████████████████  █   █      ▐██         ██▌
                  ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄  ▀ ▄▀     ▐████       ████▌
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄      ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄   ██████     ██████         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████▄  █▀ ██████████████   ████    ████   ▐███████   ███████▌     ▄███████████▄
████▀     ▀███▄   ████▀     ▀████    ████  ████   ▐███  ████ ████  ███▌   ▄████▄▄▄▄▄█████
████       ████   ███▌       ████     ████████    ███▌   ███████   ▐███   ███████████████
████▄     ▄███▀   ████▄     ▄████      ██████    ▐███     █████     ███▌  ▀███▄      ▄▄
█████████████▀     ██████████████       ████    ▐███▌      ███      ▐███▌   ▀██████████▀
████  ▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀      ████     ▀▀▀▀        █        ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀
████                                  ████
████                                 ████

►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: