Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fees  (Read 188 times)
scaf121 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:43:42 AM

hello,im brand new to this and am wondering if i have done something wrong as the fee i was charged seems really high,i bought £10.00 worth of bitcoin from my bank acc at a cost of £10.99,by the time it hit my wallet it was showing £7.05 in gbp and 0.0023 btc,is this going to be the norm every time i move funds from one place to another,if so it hardly seems worth getting involved with it,can anyone help please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 12:47:24 PM

hello,im brand new to this and am wondering if i have done something wrong as the fee i was charged seems really high,i bought £10.00 worth of bitcoin from my bank acc at a cost of £10.99,by the time it hit my wallet it was showing £7.05 in gbp and 0.0023 btc,is this going to be the norm every time i move funds from one place to another,if so it hardly seems worth getting involved with it,can anyone help please.

Yea, the fees are real pain in the ass sometimes.

Fiat balance you see reflects the actual BTC price. So if you bought £10 worth BTC at £3200 it makes sense you have less fiat value now (when BTC cost £3100).
So question is HOW MANY BTCs you have agreed to buy (prior finishing the deal) and that amount you should have received in your wallet (maybe minus the tx fee, but this depends on service you have used)
May I ask what service you have used to purchase BTC? (because the total amount could have been further reduced by withdrawal etc. fees)

Just guesstimate transferring 0.0023 BTC should roughly cost cca. 0.0003 BTC fee.

For actual fees you can use https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ ( fee amount is usually stated in satoshis/byte ). Also I usually check the mempool size ( number of unconfirmed transactions) trying to send BTCs only when it's below 20k-30k transactions ( otherwise it takes too much time to process and forces you to apply higher fee to speed things up).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: