Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the exact transaction fee today?  (Read 404 times)
farhaan (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:56:11 AM

Hi  just today morning,i sent 0.036 BTC from my electrum wallet to my local bitcoin wallet to sell it.Electrum wallet showed a fee of 0.0003 BTC.But i adjusted it and set 0.0005 BTC as transaction fee and sent.It has been already 8 hours i have been waiting for transaction to be confirmed.First,it showed 81 hours remaining then 8 hours remaining,then again 80 hours remaining,then again 6 hours remaining.This same message is running from the morning.I'm tired of waiting for the confirmation.Do any body know,exactly what fee should be set for bitcoin so that we could get our transaction confirmed soon.I thought after segwit activation,every thing went back to normal.Hope,i could get my bitcoins tonight.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:17:16 PM

I thought after segwit activation,every thing went back to normal.
1.  SegWit has not been activated yet.  It's just locked in.  Activation will be after this difficulty period, in (currently) 1179 blocks.
2.  Even after SegWit activation, you will need to move your coins to new SegWit addresses in SegWit-enabled wallets to start making SegWit transactions.
Do any body know,exactly what fee should be set for bitcoin so that we could get our transaction confirmed soon.
There is never an exact fee.

You could look at this site and figure out how long you expect your transaction to take to confirm with different fees.  However, it's important to note that these fees are in satoshi/byte and they are nothing to do with the fee you set overall.  It's about the fee you pay relative to the size of your transaction.

ViaBTC's transaction accelerator is still running as well, so you can use that if you have to.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:20:48 PM

Once again, the transactions are getting delayed. For the past one month, the number of unconfirmed transactions at any given point of time averaged around 2,000 to 5,000 and very rarely exceeded 10,000. But right now the number is around 28,000. So obviously, a higher fee is needed for faster conformations.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:36:03 PM

Hi  just today morning,i sent 0.036 BTC from my electrum wallet to my local bitcoin wallet to sell it.Electrum wallet showed a fee of 0.0003 BTC.But i adjusted it and set 0.0005 BTC as transaction fee and sent.It has been already 8 hours i have been waiting for transaction to be confirmed.First,it showed 81 hours remaining then 8 hours remaining,then again 80 hours remaining,then again 6 hours remaining.This same message is running from the morning.I'm tired of waiting for the confirmation.Do any body know,exactly what fee should be set for bitcoin so that we could get our transaction confirmed soon.I thought after segwit activation,every thing went back to normal.Hope,i could get my bitcoins tonight.

My friend gave me Shadow tokens and I deposit it in a site called wavewallets.io, in first I was confused how to convert them but in the end I make it through.

From that, I did transact bitcoin two times, first for converting them into waves and the second one is to withdraw them and put it into my bitcoin wallet. The transaction fee that they are giving me is .0001, after a minute a receive my bitcoins, so I think that is considered as a suggested transaction fee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:14:43 PM

It varies really. There are no specific fee for all different btc transactions. Exchanges have different rates, wallets have different transactional fees also. Anyways i think the transaction fees are already shown wherever you're transacting at.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Pacanier

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:21:58 PM

I think you are simply really unlucky. Some days ago, on August 10th, I moved my coins to buy some altcoins, and with the very same fee, half a millibitcoin, it has been processed very quickly.
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:26:54 PM

I'm using Xapo wallet and fees are calculated automatically before sending bitcoins.For today Xapo calculated  0.00125275BTC for getting comfirmed within next 6 blocks and 0.00177345BTC to get it comfirmed within next 2 blocks.I'm currently holding my bitcoins and not doing any transaction.Paying 5$ per transaction is surely huge.I guess fees won't come down until SegWit get activated.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Uberzugzug

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:55:09 AM

I really can not say what the exact is because it is actually depending on the trader account. But it is pretty much low for now. I am hoping that the government will not butt in and impose a tax increasing the transaction fee of Bitcoins.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:47:09 PM

I think theres is no specific amount of fee  when transacting wallet to your another wallet because everythings has its own rule and percentage  to get as fee of your transaction,and i thinks the one things happen to
the btc coin is there is eratic interuption in digital currency because of the  application of new technology  the segwit,but after this all transaction will back to normal when the segwit  activated.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:38:55 PM

Although there is no justification as to why your transaction still remain unconfirmed at this time even with increasing the price as you have rightly said  which will eventually do based on the suggestion offered above. I feel the price varies at this time and it large due to time of initiating the transaction because of the experience I have some days back when I tried carrying out a transaction. I tried it in the afternoon, and the minimum transaction was too much on my part but when I make the same effort early morning the following day, the transaction fee was reduced to a large extent and even confirmed within reasonable time.

Hi  just today morning,i sent 0.036 BTC from my electrum wallet to my local bitcoin wallet to sell it.Electrum wallet showed a fee of 0.0003 BTC.But i adjusted it and set 0.0005 BTC as transaction fee and sent.It has been already 8 hours i have been waiting for transaction to be confirmed.First,it showed 81 hours remaining then 8 hours remaining,then again 80 hours remaining,then again 6 hours remaining.This same message is running from the morning.I'm tired of waiting for the confirmation.Do any body know,exactly what fee should be set for bitcoin so that we could get our transaction confirmed soon.I thought after segwit activation,every thing went back to normal.Hope,i could get my bitcoins tonight.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:51:01 PM

I know that this thread is a little bit outdated, but has anyone noticed that fees are so low right now? i sent about two thousand dollars worth of bitcoin at the morning and it only costed me $2,30 of fees to send that transaction (about 0.0004 btc) it is so cheap for me, i guess, and it only took fifteen minutes to receive the first confirmation, i was so impressed about it. And i remember that three days ago i sent a payment of $50 and it costed me about $4 of fees, it is so weird, maybe fees are crazy at the moment.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:54:17 AM

Transaction fee is really high, a friend of mine told me that he paid almost 0.0017 for sending a 0.00009 amount to someone. The amount sent was made between two different platforms.  But he noticed that the transaction was fast, I think they make large fee for faster transaction. Im looking forward for the bitcoin development where transaction becomes lower and faster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: