Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This post is for those that think they missed the boat  (Read 3025 times)
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 01:51:48 PM

Don't worry or be sad, there is still much room for growth in crypto-currencies that's a fact!

It's easy to tell yourself, "I wish I would have gotten into Bitcoin earlier so I could be rich!" but friends that is flawed thinking. You see, people that are wealthy today are wealthy for many reasons. These people were at the right place at the right time, had knowledge of markets, patience and discipline to sit on their investments through the many ups and downs.

It was extremely difficult and rare for early Bitcoin adopters to make it all the way to 2017 without selling their holdings. When Bitcoin was worth fractions of a penny, do you know how hard it was to not sell when Bitcoin was all of a sudden worth $1? If you had 100,000 Bitcoins, you would most likely sell most if not all of your coins for $100,000 because who would have thought BTC would be worth more than a dollar?

What about when Bitcoin was worth $100? Do you know how hard it was for people to not sell their stash then? If you had 5000 Bitcoins, you were now worth $500,000!

The point is, when you sit and regret you miss out on the many opportunities right infront of you. If you knew Bitcoin was going to be worth $50,000 in the near future would you be sitting and regretting? Or would you try and make as much money as possible to get 10x return on every dollar you invested?

Most of the large Bitcoin holders today were already wealthy when they got into Bitcoin, and had the capital to speculate on Bitcoin to hold for the long term.

So if you're broke today with no Bitcoins, it does NOT matter. Wealth can come at any time, you just have to position yourself to seize the right opportunities. You could win the lottery, find yourself in a profitable business venture, receive an inheritance you NEVER know. Then you can just buy Bitcoins.  Grin

Don't chase only Bitcoins: Chase Assets and Capital, then invest wisely. Good luck!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:13:45 PM

Wealthy people would be rich with or without Bitcoin.

The key to being wealthy is Preparation Meets Opportunity. Learn valuable skills, network with successful people and keep trying till you succeed!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:59:05 PM

I agree your opinion . Many people say that " If I were buying bitcoin in 2009 when bitcoin was under 0.01$ , today I could be a billionaire "
The boat is not over ! Let's compare bitcoin with ethereum
Bitcoin reached 300-400$ after 2-3 years of releasing ; and ethereum reached 400$ in the first year ! . The next boat , in my opinion is ethereum Smiley
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:52:00 PM

I agree your opinion . Many people say that " If I were buying bitcoin in 2009 when bitcoin was under 0.01$ , today I could be a billionaire "
The boat is not over ! Let's compare bitcoin with ethereum
Bitcoin reached 300-400$ after 2-3 years of releasing ; and ethereum reached 400$ in the first year ! . The next boat , in my opinion is ethereum Smiley
ETH got so high because it's a bubble that will pop at some point. Some people are fascinated with it and think it will overtake bitcoin, but I don't think so. It's a fad, nothing more.

People are afraid of missing the boat because nothing can keep growing forever and at some point bitcoin price will stabilize. Are we at that point now? Not yet!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nicolioz

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:57:28 PM

Good advice. It's hard to not get fixed that one has missed the boat, but no one can predict the future perfectly.
smartut

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:13:17 PM

very good advice ! thank you.
kingoft

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 06:55:47 AM

You gave me a motivation. Somewhere in the forum i'd written a short story about the boat i'd missed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2093473

Now i'm learning about things before getting in.
Thank you so much for such words !  Smiley
Porch

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:26:13 AM

Inspiring.  I was looking into BTC about 3 months ago, and decided to try robinhood instead.  Minor gains, but bigger losses.  I'm going into this with an amount I'm more comfortable losing, and I'm going to try to be less emotional this time.  I need to be better at holding through minor dips and not panicking.  Wish me luck!
DhanThatsme

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:12:26 AM

Very inspiring message. I am sure before there are very few people that are willing to invest bitcoin. Its natural to regret the time/money wasted in wrong things, but we need to look ahead, prepare and walk forward.
SonOfJack

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:27:32 PM

Thanks for the pep-talk, and you are right. I think I had the same view as most people over the last few years ie. "wow bitcoin is a dollar now, surely it won't go higher" to "wow bitcoin is $100 now, surely it has hit it's peak" etc.
So thanks for the encouragement, it really does help considering I've been a bit down on myself for not getting into BTC earlier.
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:17:00 PM

Good riddance! Most of the people always say that "You should have invest while Bitcoins was still low" and "It's hard to earn now". Nice advice "Don't chase only Bitcoins: Chase Assets and Capital, then invest wisely" that statement really pumped me up to continue this journey in BTC life. It's inspiring to see others encouraging one another while gaining what values most.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
zuliph9

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:35:29 PM

The best time to plant a tree is 10 years ago, the second best is today.

Thanks for the advice.
Miyuki024

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:24:06 PM

Thank you very much...this is a great advice to newbies like me...
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:41:26 AM

Very precise words, without doubt, although the fortunate early adopters will always keep a great advantage that newbies will never be able to overcome, nevertheless I agree that  all time are continuously emerging new opportunities to start our own success story.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:24:21 AM

Wealthy people would be rich with or without Bitcoin.

The key to being wealthy is Preparation Meets Opportunity. Learn valuable skills, network with successful people and keep trying till you succeed!
If it would be THAT simple, everyone should put all their money in bitcoin and take max loan to buy even more bitcoin.
There is always a risk that it will never reach $10 000 or even $5000. It can start to only fall down.

Bitcoin is special so it will probably rise always, but its not THAT easy.
wRex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:42:41 PM

This was Great Instruction and Explanation for us like me as Newbie in Bitcoin.
I hope you always sharing more for Begineer like me  Wink

steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:13:00 PM

Thread op is right about this. A lot of people will sell their bitcoin when it hit 1000 5000 10000 and even higher prices. I am a holder since 2011 but I made some cash outs as well that I can see as mistakes. But let's be realistic. No one expected Bitcoin to reach in 1000+ in 2011. I bought a video card from it and today I could have bought a car from it. Hold you won't regret in 2020 there are people complaining they sold bitcoin when it was worth 1000-5000. When it is worth over 100k.

My conclusion in how many people are in Bitcoin. There is still a huge way to go. So yes I am still telling people they are early and that there are more crypto currencies than Bitcoin.

enemi777

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:08:20 AM

I knew it! Now I know I didnt really missed the boat. Will just continue to hold on to my bitcoin as long as I can. This is encouraging, thanks!
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:18:21 PM

Thanks for the message. By reading some comments, it seems like it's already late for everything  :-)
Approaching cryptocurrencies and real estate with my team.. hopefully, some gains on the medium term!

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:38:29 PM

Haha, I missed the boat twice!! When the bitcoins were new, I never bought them. When I finally bought some, I lost all of them in HYIPs, revshares and a little bit of gambling. Now I have no Bitcoins, just some Steem on steemit. And I don't know how long will it last, before that goes down too!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: