Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox Update  (Read 1497 times)
datguywhowanders (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:46:55 AM

[Update - 03:36 GMT] Update on claimed accounts
We're happy to report that over 10% of our user base have already reclaimed their accounts. Newly reclaimed accounts require strong passwords which are secured with SHA-512 multi-iteration triple salted hashing

For the time being, deposits that were send to Mt.Gox accounts that were not in accounts before we took things offline will be in a "pending" status. Once we have the new backend in place, we will start processing these pending deposits and withdraws. Also, shortly after the backend is up and running we will allow customers with newly reclaimed accounts to login to Mt.Gox, and use the site as per usual, with the exception that active trading will be disabled. Users may place orders to buy or sell, but they will be queued until we enable trading, which will most likely be a couple of hours after users are able to login to Mt.Gox.

Thanks again for your continued patience and understanding while we work to get Mt.Gox back online.

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:55:29 AM

I like how they are handling this. Being able to use the site before trading starts will reduce confusion on both sides. I wish they had switched to the new system a few weeks earlier. Smiley
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:02:17 AM

secured with SHA-512 multi-iteration triple salted hashing

while this is impressive...

DON'T

GIVE

THEM

ACCESS

TO

THE SALTS

Thank you and have a nice day.  Smiley

Be humble!
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:06:47 AM

I wish they had switched to the new system a few weeks earlier. Smiley

Yea in a way the 'hack' was a good thing. Its forced a lot of changes. I also suspect we will be looking at a completely new site once it comes back up, not just the same old site with a few backend and frontend changes..

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
datguywhowanders (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:12:56 AM

While I think that I support Mt. Gox at this time, pending any major disclosures of facts, a totally new site may NOT be a good thing. I know these guys are working their asses off right now, but it's not easy to test something that comprehensive in a few days time.

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:15:28 AM

While I think that I support Mt. Gox at this time, pending any major disclosures of facts, a totally new site may NOT be a good thing. I know these guys are working their asses off right now, but it's not easy to test something that comprehensive in a few days time.
Sometimes with code, the simpler it is, the better . I highly doubt they are overhauling their ENTIRE system, but a new look is normal for company's who through periods of bad P.R .This hacking will only make this community stronger, and maybe people will finally realize that this currency is here to stay.
Desu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:17:14 AM

Sometimes with code, the simpler it is, the better . I highly doubt they are overhauling their ENTIRE system, but a new look is normal for company's who through periods of bad P.R .This hacking will only make this community stronger, and maybe people will finally realize that this currency is here to stay.
Finally! Thank you for believing In actual BTCs. So what Mt.gox got stupid, It doesn't change the BTC world.
dinker

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:24:32 AM

anyone going to place a mass order @ 0.01 before trade is enabled?
i'm not going to be too greedy this time and place my orders at 0.02.  Cool

Help Me Help You Donations:
14kP6tNtrz3woESs9nEE5aDB81QTybGyyZ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: