Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:55:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Select no more than 5 boards at a time. error message  (Read 605 times)
raymonddaf (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:09:32 PM

I get the above error message any time i try to search anyone know how to resolve?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:01:39 AM

I get the above error message any time i try to search anyone know how to resolve?

The most logical thing to do would be to not to select more than 5 boards when you search.
Look to the bottom of the search window where it says Choose a board to search in, or search all - uncheck the "check all" box.

or

Use the google search which searches the entire site without caring how many boards there are to search.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 03:46:52 AM

If it continues to happen make this same request, preferably with screenshots in the Meta board. That's where issues and questions for the forum administrators occurs.

The most logical thing to do would be to not to select more than 5 boards when you search.
Look to the bottom of the search window where it says Choose a board to search in, or search all - uncheck the "check all" box.

or

Use the google search which searches the entire site without caring how many boards there are to search.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:25:31 AM

[/img][/img]

If it continues to happen make this same request, preferably with screenshots in the Meta board. That's where issues and questions for the forum administrators occurs.

or

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

looks like this post has been moved already, how do i add an image?  i click on "insert image" and it brings up (img][/img)??

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:17:34 PM

[/img][/img]

or

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

looks like this post has been moved already, how do i add an image?  i click on "insert image" and it brings up (img][/img)??

You have to use a valid image source between the tags.  The link you use must point directly to an image and not a web page containing the image.

Seriously, you don't know how to add an image on this board, and yet you think
 Select no more than 5 boards at a time.  error message
is something that needs to be reported?  I already told you how to stop getting the error message but you seemingly persist without acknowledging whether you are in fact selecting more than 5 boards or not.  If you are selecting more than 5 boards, then you will find the solution is to stop selecting more than 5 boards.

The contextual search in the upper right searches the board you're on and all subboards. If this results in more than 5 boards, but less than all boards, then you get that error (recently-added for performance reasons).

If you want to search the entire forum, you can go to the search page or to the front page. The limitation I added is that you can either search all boards, or limit it to 1-5 boards. But you can't limit it to 10 boards, for example.

ie This is a valid error message.  Stop searching more than 5 boards.

raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:37:03 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 08:44:30 PM by raymonddaf

Yes I think it needs to be reported as it does not work when it used to work before.  Why wouldnt i report it?  You say its a valid error but my point being it used to work and now it does not.

What you posted is a work around it does not solve the issue.  When i pick under 5 boards then it works.  When I search with the check all box selected I get the error.

No I did not know how to post an image hence me asking how to do it.  

Whats wrong with not knowing how to do something and asking for a bit of help or direction?

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:15:55 PM

Yes I think it needs to be reported as it does not work when it used to work before.  Why wouldnt i report it?  You say its a valid error but my point being it used to work and now it does not.

What you posted is a work around it does not solve the issue.  When i pick under 5 boards then it works.  When I search with the check all box selected I get the error.

No I did not know how to post an image hence me asking how to do it.  

Whats wrong with not knowing how to do something and asking for a bit of help or direction?

image redacted

I didn't say there was anything wrong with not knowing how to do something, I was saying that since you don't know how to do the most trivial of things on this site such as post an image, what makes you feel that this message you received was not your error but rather a site error which needs to be reported?

My turn.  Did you consider the consequences of posting a snapshot of your browser without redacting personal information such as your whereabouts and your business interests?  It might be a good idea to remove that image and replace it with a less personalized version.  Your call.
raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:44:03 PM

Ok fair does I thought you were attacking me for no reason, no harm done.

Those bookmarks don't relate to anything that could tie into my personal Id but I'll delete it anyway.

Can you try a search on all boards? Does it work?

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:35:16 PM

Ok fair does I thought you were attacking me for no reason, no harm done.

Those bookmarks don't relate to anything that could tie into my personal Id but I'll delete it anyway.

Can you try a search on all boards? Does it work?

I tried a search on all boards and it doesn't work.
raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:15:44 AM

Ok cheers for the help. 

mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:11:25 AM

Ok cheers for the help. 

Good that you got the solution. Also i wana add here This form is run off of small machines forum. The reason you're getting that error is because you're using the search box on the front page while still on the index of the Forum. The purpose of that search box is to search The pages that you are viewing directly below it. When you're sitting on the Forum index you're literally telling it to search every thread on the entire form which of course is more than 5 pages.
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:08:03 AM

You've got two options if you want to search a specific topic area for example announcements, navigate to announcements, and while on that page use the search box. Otherwise use the search page available from the menu above, and then take below that form the different pages that you want to search.
QueenOf

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:20:24 AM

or

I have the same problem, I've been following your instruction but same ,It keeps showing,  and I prefer searching in google  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: