Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] BCDiploma - BCDT - Issues and stores degrees  (Read 2959 times)
Calydon (OP)

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:24:28 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 10:20:24 AM by Calydon

*** Please keep in mind : this is a pre-announce topic ***

BCDiploma is a french Ethereum-based project driven by a qualified team of Education related people.
Coming in september.

Stay tuned for information about White Paper, website, signature campaign, ICO...

Follow us :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/BCDiploma

I will do my best to answer your questions in this topic Smiley

UPDATE - 08/20 - YouTube video

UPDATE - 09/02

UPDATE - 09/23
Pre-WhitePaper online: https://www.bcdiploma.com
Bounty Campaign online: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2201954

UPDATE - 10/01
ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2221629.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Calydon (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:12:33 AM

Hello, just updated the post with a YouTube video Smiley
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:19:15 AM

Seems like an interesting concept. This will definitely rule out various background check agencies/firms which sometimes report back with bogus/incorrect info. With this, in place its next to impossible to tamper the data and the best part is there is no human involvement as far as verification is concerned. This can be the next generation education verification platform using blockchain.

Will for sure keep an eye on this project and would love to see how this is developed.

Do keep us posted.
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:23:50 AM

It is interesting concept which is good attempt to make the whole verification process easier. I have few questions but would wait for detailed information before addressing anything. It is possible those will be included in full announcement in future as those are common and basic concerns related questions. 
Calydon (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

Thank you guys.
Full announcement is coming in september but anyway I would be happy to answer your first questions here Smiley
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:43:48 PM

Can you provide following details-

1) Is this a POW or POS coin? If POS, what's the ROI percentage?
2) If this is POW, what's algo of the coin?
3) Total supply of the coin.
4) Do you have any premine? If yes, what is the premine percentage?
5) Bounty details if any

Thanks and have a nice day.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

Decentralized stores work really well when there are no trustable authorities. With colleges, you have multiple accrediting bodies which certify the trustworthiness of an institution.  How does a blockchain help with this?

You still have:

• Need to trust the institution writing to the chain
  • Need to verify that the owner of the diploma token is who they say they are

How do you plan to address these problems?

For example, a school has a registrar's office. That office handles transcripts and validations, but multiple people work there. Would they publish all their degrees to the chain? Would they issue a keypair to every student? How would you ensure students don't lose their keypair? If they did, wouldn't you need a way to regenerate them, meaning you'd need a mutable blockchain entry, or you'd need to give a school to ability to move a "degree" from one address to another. Doesn't the ability to do that break the trust that a degree is associated with the correct individual?

Calydon (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:48:25 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 03:36:46 PM by Calydon

1) Is this a POW or POS coin? If POS, what's the ROI percentage?
2) If this is POW, what's algo of the coin?
3) Total supply of the coin.
4) Do you have any premine? If yes, what is the premine percentage?
5) Bounty details if any
1) 2) and 4) It's an Ethereum's ERC20 token
3) and 5) Coming soon
Thank you for your interest Smiley

Decentralized stores work really well when there are no trustable authorities. With colleges, you have multiple accrediting bodies which certify the trustworthiness of an institution.  How does a blockchain help with this?

You still have:

• Need to trust the institution writing to the chain
  • Need to verify that the owner of the diploma token is who they say they are

How do you plan to address these problems?
1) More details in WP but in short, a third party validator acts as a guarantor for the school's identity, through a smart contract. Our solution makes it possible to link this proof with each diploma in an incontestable and immediatly verifiable way.

2) If I understand your question correctly, name, first name and birthdate will be written on the diploma which in fact is a URL. It's tamper-proof. So recruiter could easily check the identity of the job candidate.

For example, a school has a registrar's office. That office handles transcripts and validations, but multiple people work there.

1) Would they publish all their degrees to the chain?
2) Would they issue a keypair to every student?
3) How would you ensure students don't lose their keypair?
4) If they did, wouldn't you need a way to regenerate them, meaning you'd need a mutable blockchain entry, or you'd need to give a school to ability to move a "degree" from one address to another.
5) Doesn't the ability to do that break the trust that a degree is associated with the correct individual?
1) It's the school's choice...

2) Students get an URL per diploma, this URL allows a decrypted access to the diploma and students are responsible of it ; they could post it on a social media or send it personnaly to a recruiter.

3) and 4) Students are responsible of their URL, it cannot be reissued ; it's a good way to guarantee the right to be forgotten (European requirement, among others).
In case of loss, the school 'invalidates' the lost diploma on the blockchain (detailed in WP ; cryptographic solution part) and issues a new one.

5) Given that the diploma contains the name, first name and birthdate of the individual, this is not an issue.

Thank you for your questions! Hope this helps...
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:48:12 PM

i think this is a very good project, and will be a good long-term project
i waiting for the update
or give me the link of your ICO or whitepaper
Calydon (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:17:34 PM

or give me the link of your ICO or whitepaper
Thank you for your message!
I updated the first post whith more information. Whitepaper is expected to come in the next two/three weeks.
kuky004

Activity: 371

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:30:45 PM

Interesting items that hope to have more details Smiley
castiloros

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:28:36 PM

Really good concept.
Having the objective of helping peoples is nice.
With this project will give anyone who're getting some problem in having their beta test.
Django69

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:27:13 PM

excelent projet for sure, i will be in Smiley
cryqtovn83

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:46:07 AM

Is this have and running or beta products?
You know that's a lot of ICO releases daily in this time and I just want to focus on the running projects for sure.
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:01:36 AM

You know that's a lot of ICO releases daily in this time and I just want to focus on the running projects for sure.

I don't think they have a ready-made working product available. The project itself needs to be funded first so they can start working on it right away.
cok_elat

Activity: 314

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:08:50 AM

great idea for this project. it can be a usefull project. can i reserve indonesian translation for this thread??
dlouulmusthofa

Activity: 234

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:26:12 AM

nice concept for this project. i very support education project. it will be pleasant to reserve japanese translation for this thread.
Calydon (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:19:44 AM

Thank you for your interest, BCDiploma has detailed specifications and will be co-built with partner institutions in early 2018.

Edit: for translations go to the bounty topic please and fill the form.
babedota

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:38:27 AM

Projects that care about the original certificate are very useful to everyone. with the existence of such projects the forgery of the certificate will certainly make it less and make a lot of people know its important a certificate in human life. so I really hope this kind of project can be successful and run its duty to look for talented people with the capabilities it possesses not through counterfeiting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: