Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:29:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: slush vs deepbit  (Read 1522 times)
magnito (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:48:12 AM

Hey all, I've been mining in both deepbit and slush, deepbit timesout for me every other page load, where slush never fails to load, and generally is faster.  I do see that there are more people are on deepbit, is it due to enertia or something special about deepbit vs slush that I don't see?  Since Slush to me seems generally better.

-Magnito

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zductiv

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:53:15 AM

It was down a couple of times last week because it kept getting DDOS'd so I think a few people switched and haven't returned yet.

Personally I use slush with deepbit backup using the -f flag so when slush goes down I'm still generating BTC.
Danxor

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:57:21 AM

I find using deepbit is much more profitable for me, but right now Deepbit is timing out for me, no clue why, site is up for all other people.  Getting very frustrating that i can't even contact them via these boards because I am a newbie Sad
magnito (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:18:27 AM

How can deepbit be more profitable - should about the same right?  Also, how do you use the -f option?

-Magnito
btc_jumpnrl

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:37:28 AM

Yea doesn't it average out to be the same in the end?

And to use the -f option, point a shortcut or command line argument at the target miner and on the same line append "-f[number]" (no quotes) to the end of the target when you run it.

Look here for other poclbm flags. http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=4122.0

The lower the number the higher the priority. So if you set one miner at 1 and another at 60 and one goes down the other will take over.

Tips: 1H1DF3BzFF2CVhPB4psEghg4bF5VYDseBT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: