Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralised web - Shift  (Read 3038 times)
Bobobog (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:45:56 PM

I don't get it why people still don't know about this awesome project. Decentralised web - is a trillion dollar market. I mean this could be huge! A solid $100.

https://www.shiftnrg.org/about/

I don't think this has any chance of mass adoption. I don't see how they are going to pull this off. No one will use this shit.

As for speculation, well that's another story. Sure it will go up in value but only on pumps.. $100.00 is a dream and will never happen.
Looks like you're too ignorant for cryptoland. Tell me why?
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:25:16 PM

I don't get it why people still don't know about this awesome project. Decentralised web - is a trillion dollar market. I mean this could be huge! A solid $100.

I don't think this has any chance of mass adoption. I don't see how they are going to pull this off. No one will use this shit.

As for speculation, well that's another story. Sure it will go up in value but only on pumps.. $100.00 is a dream and will never happen.
Still waiting for you, ignorant. Why I shouldn't invested in Shift?
goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 02:02:28 PM

Still waiting for you, ignorant. Why I shouldn't invested in Shift?

Look at the chart.  It's been pumped and the project is a long way off from mainstream.  Its going to come back down.  Buy in then instead of jumping on the pump and wondering why you can't ever hit one.  Nto saying it wont be big on a few years but itching to buy it now is risky.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
sadema

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:09:06 PM

I agree that SHIFT might be a good short term investment, but it's a long shot to be a serious contender in 2-3 years IMHO.  I don't like that there's very little information regarding the team on their website.  Not too many of them, and no detail on their qualifications or experience.   
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:42:37 PM

BTC is climbing that's why charts look like that.
elektibi75

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:23:12 PM

I agree that SHIFT might be a good short term investment, but it's a long shot to be a serious contender in 2-3 years IMHO.  I don't like that there's very little information regarding the team on their website.  Not too many of them, and no detail on their qualifications or experience.   

Yeah, my main concern is lack of information about their team. And roadmap is only planned till Q3 2017.

█ DARFChain █ DARFChain - smart escrow engine, based on proof-of-accounting consensus █....
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
• Whitepaper • ANN Thread • Telegram • Facebook • Reddit • Slack • YouTube • VK
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:06:06 PM

Yeah, my main concern is lack of information about their team. And roadmap is only planned till Q3 2017.
Yes, you are right. Devs are working hard. I love 'em.

Q3 2017 - Phantom on mainnet - new website - roadmap - whitepaper.

Phantom is on testnet now. You can play with it.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:34:07 PM

Don't miss the train. Smiley

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SHIFT
vacuum_collapse

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:07:03 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 07:20:17 PM by vacuum_collapse

I have a very small amount of my portfolio in this coin, but I don't feel confident putting in more for the long term.

1. As their latest newsletter explains one of their main developers "Jan" left the core team. That leaves only 5 people in the core team. The response of the team sounds a bit bitter and defensive: "The Shift core team doesn’t share that idea of doing multiple projects at the same time. We expect full dedication to the Shift project." (see the newsletter.)

2. I expect that Lisk itself will integrate IPFS in the future after the SDK is released. Remember that Shift is based on Lisk.

3. It will take a lot of work to make Phantom user friendly to the extend that a multitude of web-developers will want to use it for their sites.

On the positive side, with the recent pump of Lisk, and the low market cap I do see this project growing or pumping in the short term. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong on some of the details.
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:54:01 PM

I have a very small amount of my portfolio in this coin, but I don't feel confident putting in more for the long term.

1. As their latest newsletter explains one of their main developers "Jan" left the core team. That leaves only 5 people in the core team. The response of the team sounds a bit bitter and defensive: "The Shift core team doesn’t share that idea of doing multiple projects at the same time. We expect full dedication to the Shift project." (see the newsletter.)

2. I expect that Lisk itself will integrate IPFS in the future after the SDK is released. Remember that Shift is based on Lisk.

3. It will take a lot of work to make Phantom user friendly to the extend that a multitude of web-developers will want to use it for their sites.

On the positive side, with the recent pump of Lisk, and the low market cap I do see this project growing or pumping in the short term. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong on some of the details.
No, you are wrong. Jan is still with Shift.

You can ask here for info, they use Ryver: https://shiftnrg.ryver.com

Register: https://shiftnrg.ryver.com/application/signup/members/Q3vvIv5azjNuFKl

You may want to look at it: https://www.shiftnrg.org/about
tripkebab

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:20:11 PM

He said that Jan left the core team which i believe is a correct statement. He is still with Shift but not on the core dev team anymore.

That said i have a different take on the news letter. If they are willing to let Jan go due to lack of focus on shift then the rest of the Devs had the confidence in their own skills to do so. He is still available for assistance if needed.

That said they are also in the process of hiring two new developers.
anelenaniku

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Yeah the new web is just a few pages with a few lines of promises, while the real project will be ready to use perhaps 10 years from now but the token is live and well on 3 exchanges already, so where is the new web then? it's just an idea and people are fool enough to believe it and trade the token.

Ten years is not too long time!
lucky_girl

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:39:25 PM

I don't understand why is this coin so popular now. This coin has been on the market since 2015. For two years nothing happened to this coin and now is the main player? Can somebody tell me why now?  Huh
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:40:53 PM

I don't understand why is this coin so popular now. This coin has been on the market since 2015. For two years nothing happened to this coin and now is the main player? Can somebody tell me why now?  Huh
It forked. Shift already has a working product on testnet.
roy92

Activity: 224
Merit: 105

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:43:20 PM

Bitcoin came out 2009. But it got popular a few years later so.. why not the same with shift now^^

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:19:35 PM

This is more like a joke than a real thing, you can't simply decentralize the internet, it already costs billions of dollars for the large companies to provide a safe and secure internet and they have the support of governments, how do you manage to decentralize it? by individuals running the whole net on their home computers?
Bobobog (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:28:22 PM

This is more like a joke than a real thing, you can't simply decentralize the internet, it already costs billions of dollars for the large companies to provide a safe and secure internet and they have the support of governments, how do you manage to decentralize it? by individuals running the whole net on their home computers?
Obviously, you don't know anything about SHIFT.

https://www.shiftnrg.org/about
SupperTrapper

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:27:33 PM

I don't know a ton about the tech itself, but you are oversimplifying the situation a bit. And the whole point of utilizing IPFS to decentralize the web is to save those billions spent. I mean i do get what you are saying, that it is a huge undertaking, but the project is very real actually. It is literally happening right in front of your eyes. How can you be in crypto and be so skeptical of new technology, or rather, technology that pretty much already exist. Its just a matter of fine tuning and perfecting. Im not saying shift is the ultimate answer, but I do think they are on to something.

anks

Activity: 572
Merit: 259

LSK, QTUM

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:01:06 PM

its always good to take a look at this project
ipfs in combination with decentralized exchangers would be a innovation that is definitely worth it

LISK
          ▄██▄
        ▄██████▄
      ▄██████████▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ██████████
       ▀████████▀
      ████████████
     ██████████████
      ████████████
        ▀██████▀
                 ▄▄   ▄▄
                ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
               ▄▀     ▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄█▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
   ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
  █  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
   ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
    █                  █
     █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
      ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
        ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▄▀▄              ▄▀▀   ▀▀▄
    ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄         █     ▄   ▀▀█▀
      ▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄     █         █▀
      ▀▄ ▀     ▀▀▄▄▀         █
       ▄▀▀▄                  █
        ▀▄▄                 █
  ▀█▄▄     ▀▄              █
    ▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▄    █
      ▀▄▄          ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
         ▀▀▄▄     ▄▄▄▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀      ▀▀▄▄
  █              █ ▄
 █                █ ▀▄
 █                █  ▀▄
  █              █    █
▄▀ ▄▄          ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▀▄            ▄▀▄
   █   █          █   █
  █     █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █     █
 ▄▀      ▀      ▀      ▀▄
 █                      █
█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       █
█    ▄▀▀          ▀▀▄    █
█   ▄▀   ▄      ▄   ▀▄   █
 █  █   ███    ███   █  █
  █  █   ▀      ▀   █  █
   ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
CHAT
roy92

Activity: 224
Merit: 105

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:06:34 PM

I can´t imagine, that this project will pop off or something. At least not in the near future. To create internet 2.0 it needs much more then only one single crowdfunded ICO. As ImHash told, the internet is an expensive toy. You cant just "create" a new one.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: