Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIminer bugs  (Read 5818 times)
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 04:30:03 AM

hi, since i can't post in Kiv's GUIminer thread, i'm making a new one in the newbie section. the newest miner won't open on my computer. every time i open, there's a error dialog that pops up saying: "See the logfile C:Users\Username\guiminer\guiminer.exe.log for details", and then the programs just crashes. then once i open that log file to see what's wrong, this is the log:

ERROR:root:Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 2184, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 1678, in __init__
  File "guiminer.py", line 1887, in load_config
  File "guiminer.py", line 925, in start_mining
  File "guiminer.py", line 846, in configure_subprocess_poclbm
  File "guiminer.py", line 645, in device_index
AssertionError

what does AssertationError mean? and how can i fix this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thinkweis

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 04:32:11 AM

Have you done all of the basics? (uninstall - reinstall, reboot, update drivers)
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 09:18:55 PM

yes, of course i've done that. i tried many different AMD drivers and several different versions of GUIminer, reboot each time and get that error every time. i'm thinking some kind of file in my system got corrupted.

0xG

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 09:00:17 PM

hi, since i can't post in Kiv's GUIminer thread, i'm making a new one in the newbie section. the newest miner won't open on my computer. every time i open, there's a error dialog that pops up saying: "See the logfile C:Users\Username\guiminer\guiminer.exe.log for details", and then the programs just crashes. then once i open that log file to see what's wrong, this is the log:

ERROR:root:Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 2184, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 1678, in __init__
  File "guiminer.py", line 1887, in load_config
  File "guiminer.py", line 925, in start_mining
  File "guiminer.py", line 846, in configure_subprocess_poclbm
  File "guiminer.py", line 645, in device_index
AssertionError

what does AssertationError mean? and how can i fix this?

Same here. Windows 7 SP1...
NVidia 9800GT (no smoker, I know)
The "GPU Caps Viewer" shows OpenGL, CUDA, and OpenCL" as being available.

I can't do anything! Any ideas?
thinkweis

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 11:51:57 PM

I think GUI miner only works with OpenCuda cards - i.e. ati/amd cards. You might want to look into a ubuntu setup that supports nvidia.
bal3wolf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Power to the people!

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:30:34 AM

I think GUI miner only works with OpenCuda cards - i.e. ati/amd cards. You might want to look into a ubuntu setup that supports nvidia.

I setup it on 3 of my computers no problems 1 had a q6600 and 8800gt 1 had a e5300 with a 8800gt and my pc with a i7 and a 5970+5870 all 3 configs worked without any problems each had windows 7 64 bit.
thinkweis

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 05:45:24 AM

If you already had the GUI set up and then added another card, you might have to delete some of your config files in the app folder and reinstall. Just make sure you back up your wallet before you go doing anything crazy.
mikeintimesaves9

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 05:50:23 AM

Here the function call of interest from guiminer.py.  It can't find your OpenCL device that you have selected in the drop down (this Assertion is that the number of devices found after it searches for the selected device in your device list is "not None").  Since it is none, then the AssertionError is thrown.  I would say that you need to double check your OpenCL SDK installation.

Code:
@property
    def device_index(self):
        """Return the index of the currently selected OpenCL device."""
        s = self.device_listbox.GetStringSelection()
        match = re.search(r'\[(\d+)-(\d+)\]', s)
        assert match is not None
        return int(match.group(2))
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 06:20:51 AM

You should post what hardware you are trying to do mining on when asking a question like this. I'll assume ATI GPU since that's about all that makes sense these days.

Those python errors mean the miner couldn't connect to OpenCL, which is the language for programming the graphics processor. I've had the OpenCL crash and needed to restart the computer to get it working again. If it's never worked though, download and install the OpenCL driver (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-32.aspx#2) and/or ATI Stream SDK (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/sdkdwnld.aspx) by itself (2.1 for pobclm or 2.4 for phatk). In guiminer, there's a drop-down where you pick your device, make sure you've picked your video card and not the CPU.

---

If guiminer won't go, try command line phoenix miner to be sure OpenCL works (once you see command line working, you'll want to run that full time since it gets more hashes BTW). Just download and unzip phoenix miner (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6458.msg94376#msg94376) to it's own directory. Here's a start.bat file I made to start phoenix command line with one click, optimized for 58xx gpus:

phoenix.exe -v -u http://user:password@bitcoins.lc:8080/ -k phatk VECTORS AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT WORKSIZE=256 PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0

or if you actually need to use your computer for something other than mining:

phoenix.exe -v -u http://user:password@bitcoins.lc:8080/ -k phatk VECTORS FASTLOOP AGGRESSION=4 BFI_INT WORKSIZE=256 PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0

(that's all one line, save it as a text file in the phoenix directory, then rename the .txt extension to .bat)

Change the user, password, address, and port above to your pool's settings and your worker username and password.
0xG

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:39:44 PM

You should post what hardware you are trying to do mining on when asking a question like this. I'll assume ATI GPU since that's about all that makes sense these days.

Like this? :-)

Same here. Windows 7 SP1...
NVidia 9800GT (no smoker, I know)
The "GPU Caps Viewer" shows OpenGL, CUDA, and OpenCL" as being available.

I can't do anything! Any ideas?

Those python errors mean the miner couldn't connect to OpenCL, which is the language for programming the graphics processor. I've had the OpenCL crash and needed to restart the computer to get it working again. If it's never worked though, download and install the OpenCL driver

Well, I looked at doing it for my Radeon, but it turns out was already installed by default.
That's why I indicated that the recommended "GPU Caps Viewer" indicates that OpenCL is available, with one device. (I'm no graphics hacker, but this looks like an extremely comprehensive utility.) (I'd post a screenshot if it was allowed.)

In guiminer, there's a drop-down where you pick your device, make sure you've picked your video card and not the CPU.

Hmm, yes, but the error pops up before I have the chance to select anything.
Then it cuits.

If guiminer won't go, try command line phoenix miner to be sure OpenCL works (once you see command line working, you'll want to run that full time since it gets more hashes BTW). Just download and unzip phoenix miner (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=6458.msg94376#msg94376) to it's own directory. Here's a start.bat file I made to start phoenix command line with one click, optimized for 58xx gpus:

phoenix.exe -v -u http://user:password@bitcoins.lc:8080/ -k phatk VECTORS AGGRESSION=12 BFI_INT WORKSIZE=256 PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0

or if you actually need to use your computer for something other than mining:

phoenix.exe -v -u http://user:password@bitcoins.lc:8080/ -k phatk VECTORS FASTLOOP AGGRESSION=4 BFI_INT WORKSIZE=256 PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0

(that's all one line, save it as a text file in the phoenix directory, then rename the .txt extension to .bat)

Change the user, password, address, and port above to your pool's settings and your worker username and password.

I will give that a try; thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: