Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:06:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you fund our indie game with shares on BTC-TC?  (Read 407 times)
lritter (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 06:12:37 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 09:11:18 PM by lritter

Beware: I reposted this in the appropriate Securities forum. Better reply there.

Hi everyone,

I'm writing here after contacting Ethan Burnside, the administrator of the Bitcoin Trading Corp, who liked our idea and suggested we'd discuss it with the community. I originally wanted to post this in the Securities sub-forum, but as the newbie regulation persists, I'll have to do it here and hope for a move later on.

We are a two-headed (and married) team of indie developers from Dresden, Germany, currently working on our first title, NOWHERE, an ambitious open world game which is due to be released in 2015. One year ago we funded a company to be able to sell preorders, Mojang-style. So far we have sold about 158 preorders to old and new fans and friends of our previous projects. Alphafunders receive access to new alpha versions as they happen. (More details are listed in the FAQ on the site.)

Now, the idea is to fund our production full-time (as it is currently still being cross-financed by my day job) by distributing securities through BTC-TC, offering asset holders a major share of our first productions revenue as it manifests; we plan to bring the game to perfection and release it through Steam in order to maximize our revenue.

Therefore I would love to gauge interest in this forum for this idea and respond to your questions, should you have any.

Here are a few additional background resources:

Thank you for your time,

Leonard & Sylvia Ritter
Duangle GbR
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:17:52 PM

Whitelisted to post at other parts of the forum. Welcome!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:28:53 PM

Sure why not. If you have a solid business plan, I would definitely buy some shares.

Make sure you make your shares cheap enough, rather than sell 1000 Shares at 0.1 BTC each, sell 100000 at 0.001 each so people can throw some play money at you without risking very much.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
lritter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:58:46 PM

Whitelisted to post at other parts of the forum. Welcome!

Thanks a lot John!

Make sure you make your shares cheap enough, rather than sell 1000 Shares at 0.1 BTC each, sell 100000 at 0.001 each so people can throw some play money at you without risking very much.

That's a good point, thanks!
lritter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:59:56 PM

Alright, I'll repost this in the Securities section!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: