Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:22:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.nvminer.com your thoughts?  (Read 3555 times)
r0mro (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:36:08 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 07:41:21 AM by r0mro

I found http://www.nvminer.com/. There's company info and it exists but with another name http://california-companies.com/advanced-ops-server-inc.10047344.company.v2. News tab is up to date. Price to performance of those miners is outstanding. Any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:52:30 PM

Well sure as hell looks good but cannot comment on legitimacy by just a well laid out website and product description. Tried to contact them yet via email and such?
r0mro (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:13:55 PM

Answear I got from them:

Hi,
I'm really interested in your miners, but I need to be sure this is not a scam. You have no bitcointalk topic and your website seems to be the only source of information. I created topic on bitcointalk regarding your company but no reliable info is obtained.

Can you provide any proof of being legit?

Kind regards,

Hello!

Thanks to your interest to our products.

We just getting started, and it is not easy to share our production to the world.

We have created an official thread on bitcointalk, but it contains the same information.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2094508.0

Our web site contains legal company information, that you can check.

All technical parameters of device you can also find on the web site.

Our engineers have many prototype images of device, that we can share in future.

What kind of proof do you need more?

Just noticed they created topic after my email.
piwi3910

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:46:49 PM

my dad always told me, if it's to good to be true, it probably is.

most 6 gpu rigs will set you back about 2000 usd.

and they are selling a 8 rig for the price of what you normally build a 6 gpu rig?
with integrated switch, and rack chassis.

for all that the price should be closer to 3000 usd

for me this sounds like a scam,

I'm happy to test one, if they want and give a review.
frazier34567

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:46:27 PM

The domain has been around just over a month.

Registered On
2017-07-11
Updated On
2017-07-14

And they don't take Credit cards.  So two worries when I look for miners.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:11:32 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 04:22:07 PM by Za1n

I had posted this response in their thread earlier:

When I read the description I thought the inclusion of 4 Ethernet ports was a bit odd. When I went to the nvminer website, the product picture looks suspiciously like that of a mid-range firewall one would add in a mid-range business. The front panel controls looks like maybe a CheckPoint product, but I couldn't find a matching picture on their site. It also could be a tipping point or actually any one of the other of the multitude of FW vendors, but with the 4 Ethernet ports and that control panel in a 19" 1U rack mount chassis my money is on a firewall or some other network appliance and I am sure someone will be able to find where the picture was stolen from.

While I do not know for sure if it is a scam, the familiar looking chassis configuration, and cramming that much GPU processing power into a 1U chassis (1.75" height) seems a bit improbable. Even if someone did put that many GPUs on a single motherboard, getting rid of the heat would be the main challenge and I just don't see it here. Those small fans used in these types of chassis can certainly spin fast but just cannot compete with overall airflow needed to cool such an arrangement. Maybe if this were a 2U or 4U rig, but 8 GPUs worth of heat in a 1.75 inch high enclosure?

Plus since they take Bitcoin only they can use any physical address to lend legitimacy (probably stole it from company you linked above who knows nothing about them), then create a website, Photoshop a couple of obscure network appliance images with their logo and part number, and presto instant legitimate looking business. I would say if you like your Bitcoin it is best to keep it and not give it away to these fellows.
thebigjdoe

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:05:38 PM

pretty clearly a scam to me... basically 8 1070s somehow cooled in a 1U enclosure selling for $3200...lol that is cheaper than you could find 8x1070 right now, then add in the magical cooling, mobo, cpu, ram, network switch....
Come on guys, please dont entertain this guy
nvminer_asic

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 05:56:16 PM

Why are you so angry, guys?

As our engineers reports - they solved cooling problem.
First model with 8x GPU's never had any cooling problems,

The 16x model is more difficult, but we solved this task too.

Why everybody think that 4x port switch - is something magical??
We have developed many of server equipment, and one 5 ports Ethernet chip - is the smallest problem in all this case, but it is really convenient, isn't it?
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:50:22 PM

where are any real pictures of devices?  That pictures on the website anyone with some proper skills can do.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
Freight

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:10:03 PM

This definitely sounds suspicious. Posting videos of a working device will help ease concerns.
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:06:47 PM

Scam.
nvminer_asic

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 04:37:59 AM

How can we send videos, and photos of devices, that we haven't made yet? What are stupid messages,

We are the StartUp!

Our management did not allocate enough money for these research.
But we have done most of development work by ourselves.
That is why we need pre-orders to complete some pre-production test, and run the production line.

Then you will get an pictures, direct sales, and so on.

----
NVMiner official thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2094508.0
nvminer_asic

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 10:31:18 AM

As many people still have a Doubts, we've got permission to make some photos in our Lab.

Next week we will publish some reports of our research, with photos included.

All information will be on our web site. https://www.nvminer.com

Thanks.
nvminer_asic

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 04:56:38 AM

Official statement

As our employees staged a flame on the Internet, we decided to clarify questions concerning our company, privacy policy, and other issues.
1) We are a closed company. Many of our research and development are classified.
2) We have been developing software and networking equipment for more than 10 years, including for global corporations.
3) We have not divulged and will not disclose any of the personal information of our employees and other engaged persons.
4) NVMiners Crew decided to use BTC for several reasons, One of the key reason is that Our corporate policy does not allow receiving money from individuals.
5) Some of the NVMiner's project research are also classified information and will not be published.
5.1) Each device sent will be sealed. Opening of a seal - deprives the device warranty.
6) All of research of NVMiner project is a property of Advanced Ops Server Inc.
7) We gave sufficient authority to the NVMiners Crew, but we continue to monitor the process and reserve the right to intervene at any time.
8) All offensive comments on ours project can be transferred to the legal department.
9) Any accusation that does not have evidence from your side can be regarded as an attempt to impede the company's activities.
10) Meanwhile, NVMiners Crew has released the promised press release, that can be found here: https://www.nvminer.com/review?re=btx2

Hopefully this will put an end to doubts and useless discussions.
---------
Advanced Ops Server Inc.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:41:08 AM

I think you have to first decide if you're startup or
 "We have been developing software and networking equipment for more than 10 years, including for global corporations."
rvogel

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:53:32 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 07:03:46 PM by rvogel

This company is not "Advanced Ops Server, Inc.". Whoever is "nvminer" is using our identity without our permission or knowledge.  We just found out about these people using our identity this morning when we got a phone call to or office from someone asking about these mining servers. THIS IS NOT OUR PRODUCT OR OUR COMPANY. If the owner of "nvminer" is reading this, please cease and desist immediately from using our company identity.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:44:11 PM

This company is not "Advanced Ops Server, Inc.". Whoever is "nvminer" is using our identity without our permission or knowledge.  We just found out about these people using our identity this morning when we got a phone call to or office from someone asking about these mining servers. THIS IS NOT OUR PRODUCT OR OUR COMPANY. If the owner of "nvminer" is reading this, please cease and desist immediately from using our company identity.

woops! it looks like "nvminer" pretends to be "Advanced Ops Server, Inc"? And now the owner comes out...
http://california-companies.com/advanced-ops-server-inc.10047344.company.v2
ADVANCED OPS SERVER INC is REGISTERED BUSINESS company incorporated in California with identification number of C3058680. Company was incorporated on 2007-12-13, so the age of company is approximately 9.7 years. ADVANCED OPS SERVER INC detailed status is Active. Registration address: VALENCIA, CA 91355.

Basic status information:
REGISTERED BUSINESS
Business code:
C3058680
Business title:
ADVANCED OPS SERVER INC
Addresses:
1. VALENCIA, CA 91355
2. 28110 AVENUE STANFORD #D, VALENCIA, CA 91355

@nvminer_asic
scam or not, please explain this

nvminer_asic

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 08:06:36 PM

We have already reported about this "owner" to the moderator.
We think it is one of Offended forum users, that trying to compromise us.

Really upset now.
nicholi

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:13:02 PM

woops! it looks like "nvminer" pretends to be "Advanced Ops Server, Inc"? And now the owner comes out...
http://california-companies.com/advanced-ops-server-inc.10047344.company.v2
ADVANCED OPS SERVER INC is REGISTERED BUSINESS company incorporated in California with identification number of C3058680. Company was incorporated on 2007-12-13, so the age of company is approximately 9.7 years. ADVANCED OPS SERVER INC detailed status is Active. Registration address: VALENCIA, CA 91355.

Basic status information:
REGISTERED BUSINESS
Business code:
C3058680
Business title:
ADVANCED OPS SERVER INC
Addresses:
1. VALENCIA, CA 91355
2. 28110 AVENUE STANFORD #D, VALENCIA, CA 91355

@nvminer_asic
scam or not, please explain this

I could take a picture outside of their supposed place of business. You won't find them there.

P.S. I work for the real Advanced Ops. Our business has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies.
nvminer_asic

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 08:17:54 PM

Where are you guys getting from???!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: