Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some positive vibes  (Read 630 times)
w1R903 (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 04:53:10 AM

For all you lurkers out there, and for all those who've been thinking about bitcoins without actually trading them and using them to buy/sell things, I'd highly recommend you actually try the client to buy things using bitcoins and discover its genius on more than just a theoretical basis.  I've been lurking on these forums for the past 3-4 weeks, reading about bitcoins, and was very intrigued -- enough to buy a hundred bucks worth (now tied up on Mt Gox).  But I only started spending them today, and I'm just amazed at the little geniuses and choices built into the system.  To name one example, I love how you can choose how fast your transaction is processed, depending on how much you want to pay.  So if you're making a 1000 BTC purchase and need it to clear quick, you just offer 5 BTC transaction fee and watch yours go to the first of the line.  And now reading about all the amazing bitcoin technologies being developed and coming on board on the project development section of the forum.  Clearly, unless some major flaw is inherent in the design, Bitcoin is here to stay.  All this security stuff is just growing pains.  I'm sure of it.

TL;DR :  Lurkers and Bitcoin "theoreticians", jump in and start using this thing to buy and sell.  It's an amazing system!

4096R/F5EA0017
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: