Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:26:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How about some "Star" endorsements?  (Read 1904 times)
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:12:15 PM

Since BTC seems as much a revolution as it is a "monetary" movement, I wonder what would happen if a "notable" person endorsed BTC. (Actually, I think,  the outcome is clear as people listen.)

Do any of you remember when John Lennon spoke out against war? That affected the populace as a whole. Who is going to speak out? When will the tipping point be reached?

You all think getting VC money and such is big? you have seen NOTHING yet. The fun is just starting.  Wink

I really wonder, how many people have ANY IDEA how BIG this is? How many of you see this? This is game changing, extremely game changing. Wars have been waged for less...

It's about Sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
BitcoinAuthor

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:28:07 PM

Since BTC seems as much a revolution as it is a "monetary" movement, I wonder what would happen if a "notable" person endorsed BTC. (Actually, I think,  the outcome is clear as people listen.)

Do any of you remember when John Lennon spoke out against war? That affected the populace as a whole. Who is going to speak out? When will the tipping point be reached?

You all think getting VC money and such is big? you have seen NOTHING yet. The fun is just starting.  Wink

I really wonder, how many people have ANY IDEA how BIG this is? How many of you see this? This is game changing, extremely game changing. Wars have been waged for less...

It's about Sharing

Don't the Winklevoss twins count? They can tell people how Bitcoin helped them with their rowing.

VCs are jackals who want to make money for the 1%. Behind all their talk of innovation are the bucks of the current system. Taking VC money is selling out Bitcoin to the highest bidder.
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:45:52 PM

I believe Ashton Kutcher had some good things to say about Bitcoin already as well.

Maybe we should start a Twitter campaign to inform some of them what is happening?
BitcoinAuthor

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 08:47:55 PM

I believe Ashton Kutcher had some good things to say about Bitcoin already as well.

Maybe we should start a Twitter campaign to inform some of them what is happening?

That was at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:07:38 PM

Do we have any real stars left?  John Lennon was not only super popular, he was also quite intelligent.  The only stars I know of are the ones who like money and/or bitches, but that might explain why I avoid them.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:39:32 PM

"I support Bitcoin." -Elwar

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:04:02 PM

What would happen if the lead singer of a very very popular band started talking about Bitcoin?

What would happen if another key figure in the minds of millions (as John Lennon could have in the past) started talking about Bitoin?

ENDGAME...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:30:39 PM

It is very sad that the general populace rely on those good at singing or at kicking round objects to think for them.
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:34:48 PM

I think we could get the stars of the music world on board if they figured out that they can be paid directly...their entire industry could be changed for the better using Bitcoin.

The artists could actually get paid for their art, instead of getting shafted repeatedly at every level of production and distribution.

Essentially every artist could be an indie artist....with the benefit of possibly getting rich from their work.

Right now the music industry is in a very screwed up top heavy organization, with contracts designed to contain new artists so that they can never hope to make real money. This has produced "one hit wonder" after "one hit wonder" and the producers are the ones getting rich as a result. They do not want bands to be successful beyond the one hit wonder, as it means in the next contract they will have more leverage to get paid.

Their fans should be the ones deciding the success of our favorite bands....not the fat cat producers.

Bitcoin is the solution to this problem.

Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:57:48 AM

It is very sad that the general populace rely on those good at singing or at kicking round objects to think for them.

It is also sad that we are lead by the least among us. But you deal with it.

BTC = Black Swan.
MarkLyford

Activity: 455

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:58:09 AM

we need someone like Richard Branson on board, he is the type of person who could help with the right kind of promotion imho
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:05:05 AM

I think we could get the stars of the music world on board if they figured out that they can be paid directly...their entire industry could be changed for the better using Bitcoin.

The artists could actually get paid for their art, instead of getting shafted repeatedly at every level of production and distribution.

Essentially every artist could be an indie artist....with the benefit of possibly getting rich from their work.

Right now the music industry is in a very screwed up top heavy organization, with contracts designed to contain new artists so that they can never hope to make real money. This has produced "one hit wonder" after "one hit wonder" and the producers are the ones getting rich as a result. They do not want bands to be successful beyond the one hit wonder, as it means in the next contract they will have more leverage to get paid.

Their fans should be the ones deciding the success of our favorite bands....not the fat cat producers.

+1
bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:07:40 AM

+10 Tongue

Andy B

Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:27:36 AM

Agreed. I've wondered why more Artists don't have "paypal" donate buttons if you like their music but don't want to buy it. Now with Bitcoin it would be fee free, even better.

Artists and BTC go great together... (sounds like a commercial  Grin)

BTC = Black Swan.
MrCrabs

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:41:50 AM

One of the thing that needs to happen is to identify who is sympathetic and then hassel them on social networks. Get "Stars" to post their Wallet addresses on social Networks because you want to pay them some bitcoin because you illegally downloaded their content.. Imagine if Tom Cruise posted his wallet address! I'd Put Something in it! Wouldn't you?
bennett616

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:58:06 AM

erm.... Rick Astley comes from my town.... want me to ask him if he will put a good word in for us hahaha Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Andy B

MrCrabs

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:25:39 AM

erm.... Rick Astley comes from my town.... want me to ask him if he will put a good word in for us hahaha Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Andy B

Thats a bit of aq coinkiedink because I read here that he knows about bitcoin  http://goo.gl/kXOSZ
Amazing Smiley
bennett616

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 07:34:05 AM

Thats a bit of aq coinkiedink because I read here that he knows about bitcoin  http://goo.gl/kXOSZ
Amazing Smiley

NO WAY :0 thats amazing. I have his address if anyone would like to send him a letter asking him to support us http://bit.ly/7JJSz8

Andy B

FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:57:07 AM

I really wish someone would recognize it too...

My question is:
Where are all the New Rich?
Every technological revolution creates "New Rich" (farming, math, building, mining/drilling, transporting, industrialization...). Why is there not a SINGLE Bitcoin millionaire in the news... Or on these forums even...

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:24:38 PM

I really wish someone would recognize it too...

My question is:
Where are all the New Rich?
Every technological revolution creates "New Rich" (farming, math, building, mining/drilling, transporting, industrialization...). Why is there not a SINGLE Bitcoin millionaire in the news... Or on these forums even...
There is a guy who has been on US news telling the world he is a Bitcoin millionaire, I doubt the news want to promote Bitcoin in a positive light though and the guy in questions tends to come across as a bit loony lol.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: